Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 7:32:35 AM EDT
This is monumental!!!!!!  No time was wasted at all!!!!!!  These people really earned their paychecks!!!!  They came in not knowing how they were going to vote, asked questions and let Alito answer them and then considered what he said before formulating their votes!!!!  And not ONE of them are talking after they vote!!!!!!

me---> <--- reality

oh wait.  what a sad affair.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Imagine that.......  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I assume this is on the Alito confirmation?  If so, he has passed out of committee then?  Floor vote?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High court nominee has votes in GOP-controlled Senate panel

Republicans called Supreme Court hopeful Samuel Alito "one of the most qualified nominees ever" as the conservative judge's nomination moved toward a preordained Senate Judiciary Committee victory today. All 10 Republican senators on the panel have announced support for Alito, leaving the eight Democrats with no way to stop the committee from giving him a positive recommendation.

For complete story see:
Easy sailing expected for Alito
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I assume this is on the Alito confirmation?  If so, he has passed out of committee then?  Floor vote?

chuck the shmuk just committed so 10-8.  which - dear lord - coincidential split down party lines.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
<hands on face in shock and disbelief>

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top