Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:30:54 AM EDT
I'm in CA so its dumb and semi sac religious but still it would help my AR look nasty and still be law abiding.

I know it sucks but could anyone offer any suggestions?

I was thinking of putting a couple rivets in the side but I do not know if that will allow the mag to be inserted???
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:32:05 AM EDT
block of wood.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:34:52 AM EDT
i'd be careful here....might be that the mag needs to be approved by the alphabet soup guys
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:35:47 AM EDT
Shouldn't be TOO hard. Get a block of aluminum and cut it to allow the follower to go down just far enough for 10 rnds. put it inside the mag and secure it.

Problem solved. Same concept as the plugs found in pump shotguns.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911greg:
I'm in CA so its dumb and semi sac religious but still it would help my AR look nasty and still be law abiding.

I was thinking of putting a couple rivets in the side but I do not know if that will allow the mag to be inserted???

yep some people really show how stupid they are when the bitch and moan about this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:41:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:

yep some people really show how stupid they are when the bitch and moan about this.

about what?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:46:07 AM EDT

about what?

"But but I want my gun to look cool"

Buy an airsoft.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:50:46 AM EDT

about what?

Buy an airsoft.

Hey I just want my personal M4 to look like my real one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:52:05 AM EDT
It's his gun, why do you care so much what he does to it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:54:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GeorgiaBII:
Shouldn't be TOO hard. Get a block of aluminum and cut it to allow the follower to go down just far enough for 10 rnds. put it inside the mag and secure it.

Problem solved. Same concept as the plugs found in pump shotguns.

thx, will it fit in between the spring?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:54:41 AM EDT
Move to a free state.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:56:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chooper:
Move to a free state.

Thanks for helping I really appreciate your imput.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:58:07 AM EDT

about what?

Buy an airsoft.

Dont forget to engrave "AUTO" on the side!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:01:23 AM EDT

about what?

Buy an airsoft.

how about burst? I am guessing like most on this board you have served at one time, and you probably understand that you start liking your duty weapon (unless its a m9) So thats why I am building a m4.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:09:42 AM EDT

how about burst? I am guessing like most on this board you have served at one time, and you probably understand that you start liking your duty weapon (unless its a m9) So thats why I am building a m4.

There is truth to that. However, blocking a 30 round mag? Come one!
Besides, how do you purpose to have that hicap in hand to make the conversion?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:13:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HillBillySasquatch:
i'd be careful here....might be that the mag needs to be approved by the alphabet soup guys

+1

There was a similar issue a few years ago where NJ gun owners were permanently
blocking off their 30 rd mags to 15 rounds. The state police determined that the mags were still illegal. IIRC, it took a judges decision to rule that the blocked off mags were ok as defined by the letter of the law.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:43:53 PM EDT

There is truth to that. However, blocking a 30 round mag? Come one!
Besides, how do you purpose to have that hicap in hand to make the conversion?

I own many hi caps mags, they are not illegal in CA, but to build a AR it has to have a fixed mag.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 2:00:09 PM EDT by Alien]

about what?

Buy an airsoft.

Don't be an ass and troll the guys thread. Seriously some of you cranky fucks need to lighten up.

Do aesthetics not matter to you on anything? I'm sure you care how your woman looks. OH you can still bang an ugly woman no difference right????????????????????? Looks DO matter to some people. There are a bunch of different rail cover panel options that are cheaper, but I still use Knight's because I like the way they LOOK. Do you know how many people have 14.5" barrels with perma-attached FHs/breaks simply because the 16" doesn't "look right?" A LOT. The 16" gives you better velocity and lets you keep your barrel threaded. Many will give the excuse that they wanna save an inch, but it's for looks when it comes down to it. They want their rifle to look like the military's. So please, spare us. You are insulting half the people on this site with your trolling.

Never mind the fact that you may have completely ignored that it may be cheaper to block a USGI mag than to buy a 10 round mag as well. Hell it only cost me $10 for a D&H mag from 44mag.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:49:07 PM EDT
I was going to say pull the trigger 20 times but then I saw where you were

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:56:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Alien:

Don't be an ass and troll the guys thread. Seriously some of you cranky fucks need to lighten up.

Do aesthetics not matter to you on anything? I'm sure you care how your woman looks. OH you can still bang an ugly woman no difference right????????????????????? Looks DO matter to some people. There are a bunch of different rail cover panel options that are cheaper, but I still use Knight's because I like the way they LOOK.

You are completely ignoring the fact that it may be cheaper to block a USGI mag than to buy a 10 round mag as well. Hell it only cost me $10 for a D&H mag from 44mag.

thanks alien, plus USGI 30rd mags work great and are cheap who knows about the 10rds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:05:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chooper:
Move to a free state.

Thanks for helping I really appreciate your imput.

For my FAL mags, I cut some aluminum strips shaped like the bottom of the mag, with some "arms" and pop riveted them in. The verticle "arms" were long enough so the rivets didn't enter the magwell.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 2:12:58 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]

Kiss me behind turd boy!

Only returning a favor so please if you speak, think first k.

Some people are way to serious....you are one of them!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:22:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:29:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Paul:

Kiss me behind turd boy!

Only returning a favor so please if you speak, think first k.

Some people are way to serious....you are one of them!

And violating the conduct code ... which doesn't say that you can say what you want as long as you put a "" after it.

Play like the good little people you are and act like your talking to an armed American.

Thank you.

Top Top