Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 7:30:25 AM EDT

A friend of mine lives in the city and wants a stun gun as there have been some attacks in her area. Not legal to carry a gun or a stun gun where she is at . But she would rather try and fight then get raped .

Anyone know of a really good one to get?

Hopefully they come in more compact packages then the ones I looked at when they first come out.

Thanks
Matt  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Well if she is going to carry illegaly might as well get a gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Gun is a felony

Stun gun is a class A misdemeanor .

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:01:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gun is a felony

Stun gun is a class A misdemeanor .

Well then I take that back

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
How about a few rolls of pennies in a tube sock?

A strike key ring?

Mace?

http://www.bushipower.com/page/BS/CTGY/EG

http://home.rica.net/hebiashi/biz/sdkey.htm

http://www.safetyrus.com/kubatonkeychains.html

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah going to get her some pepper spray and look into that keychain striker. Also a cold steel push knife.

This reminds me of a funny story I heard years ago.

I always remember this old black guy in the city we used to drink with  talking about some of his "sisters" walking home at night in North Philly .

The one had a buck knife she would open up and have in her hand at the ready. She would then proceed to walk down the center of the street and tell any black guy that if "they got up on her"  she would cut them.

He always said she cut more than a few guys that came "up on her"          
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Are Tasers considered firearms there?

I think they are in Illinois.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah they have banned almost all non lethal protection in NYC .
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#9]
n/m
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#10]
+1 for the pepper spray. Personally I wouldn't want to get in close enough to use a stun gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Unlawful Use of a Weapon 720 ILCS 5/24-1

...(4) Carries or possesses in any vehicle or concealed

on or about his person except when on his land or in his own abode or fixed place of business any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm, except that this subsection (a) (4) does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:
           (i) are broken down in a non‑functioning state;

or
           (ii) are not immediately accessible; or
           (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,

firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card; or

...A "stun gun or taser", as used in this paragraph (a)

means (i) any device which is powered by electrical charging units, such as, batteries, and which fires one or several barbs attached to a length of wire and which, upon hitting a human, can send out a current capable of disrupting the person's nervous system in such a manner as to render him incapable of normal functioning or (ii) any device which is powered by electrical charging units, such as batteries, and which, upon contact with a human or clothing worn by a human, can send out current capable of disrupting the person's nervous system in such a manner as to render him incapable of normal functioning; or

...(b) Sentence. A person convicted of a violation of subsection 24‑1(a)(1) through (5), subsection 24‑1(a)(10), or subsection 24‑1(a)(11) commits a Class A misdemeanor. A person convicted of a violation of subsection 24‑1(a)(8) or 24‑1(a)(9) commits a Class 4 felony; a person convicted of a violation of subsection 24‑1(a)(6) or 24‑1(a)(7)(ii) or (iii) commits a Class 3 felony. A person convicted of a violation of subsection 24‑1(a)(7)(i) commits a Class 2 felony and shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 3 years and not more than 7 years, unless the weapon is possessed in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle as defined in Section 1‑146 of the Illinois Vehicle Code, or on the person, while the weapon is loaded, in which case it shall be a Class X felony. A person convicted of a second or subsequent violation of subsection 24‑1(a)(4), 24‑1(a)(8), 24‑1(a)(9), or 24‑1(a)(10) commits a Class 3 felony.  

So fucking glad I left that state.

Sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top