Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 4:20:08 AM EDT
Stephen Harper and his Conservative Party won national elections Monday and ended 13 years of Liberal rule, a victory expected to move Canada rightward on social and economic issues and lead to improved ties with the United States.

Au revior Monsewer Rat Martin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok, so the next thing I want is all the stupid gun laws repealed. Ok,go ahead. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Great, does that mean all those DU's that said they were leaving for Canada after the last elections are coming back now?........
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Great, does that mean all those DU's that said they were leaving for Canada after the last elections are coming back now?........

oh teh noes
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#5]

CBC article

The gun registry will go, and minimum sentences for gun crimes will be introduced. Harper has also pledged more spending on front-line police and RCMP officers.

The Conservatives have also said they would replace Canada's commitment to the Kyoto accord with a "made in Canada" solution. That plan would include a "clean air" act to enforce reduction of pollutants.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]
you are only half right, it is a minority election, that means that the conservatives will ahve to side with another party to get stuff passed either the Separatist bloc or tyhe communist NDP, the Liberals couldn';t be trusted to tell the truth under sodium pentathol, so it is hard to ever do anythign with them
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Na, we'll just send them to France.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:45:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
you are only half right, it is a minority election, that means that the conservatives will ahve to side with another party to get stuff passed either the Separatist bloc or tyhe communist NDP, the Liberals couldn';t be trusted to tell the truth under sodium pentathol, so it is hard to ever do anythign with them

So far as it stands now, if the align with the NDP they still need the one independant candidate to tie a vote.
They can only win if they go with BQ. Hey TP, are any results going to be contested? Can the Tories pick up or lose any seats?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:49:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far as it stands now, if the align with the NDP they still need the one independant candidate to tie a vote.
They can only win if they go with BQ. Hey TP, are any results going to be contested? Can the Tories pick up or lose any seats?

As I understand it, BQ will side with the Conservatives on any matter concerning removing power from the national government. AKA just about everything the Conservatives really want.  Now if they could just drop their health care system...

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent news .
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know... I was in the middle of a poler game durign the election, I got tired of seeing martins face everywhere., I am hoping they do side the the Bloc, they are more inline with rightwing ideals than any of the other parties (except of course the Conservatives)

I figure there are still mail in ballots to be counted, they only had to be postmarked before friday, so with how good Can Post is, they might still trickle in and help cause the Conservatives to gain an extra seat or two....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nah, they never left. The liberal has not been born yet that was capable of telling the truth.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:57:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I just looked and the country split east to west with everything west of Ontario going conservative except the territories three seats.

Oughta just seperate. Let Ontario and Quebec have what they deserve. Striker, you'll have to move down here or become a Flames fan.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:00:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I don't know... I was in the middle of a poler game durign the election, I got tired of seeing martins face everywhere., I am hoping they do side the the Bloc, they are more inline with rightwing ideals than any of the other parties (except of course the Conservatives)

I figure there are still mail in ballots to be counted, they only had to be postmarked before friday, so with how good Can Post is, they might still trickle in and help cause the Conservatives to gain an extra seat or two....

Wont have worry about that too long...

I'd love to see that c**t rebecca peters face when the registry goes kaput!

Wendy Kukier must be squirming now!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:02:49 AM EDT
[#16]
From my Washingonian view, Harper's win is a very good thing for our local/regional economy.  

That said, hopefully, tougher sentencing guidelines will be enacted for violent crimes and tightening of the liberal Canadian Refugee Programs will be enacted.  

Congratulations Canada!
-P  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top