Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 4:05:42 AM EDT

Link to video at this URL

Harry Belafonte’s Tirade of Hate Against Bush Allowed on CNN (VIDEO)

Transcript via Hugh Hewitt:

Wolf Blitzer: The new Gestapo. You know, those are powerful words, calling an agency of the US government, the Department of Homeland Security, with what about 300,000 federal employees, the new Gestapo. Do you want to take that back?

HB: No not really. I stand by my remarks. I am very much aware of what this has provoked in our national community, and I welcome the opportunity for us to begin to have a dialouge, that goes other than where we have been having one up until now. People feel that I talk in extremes, but if you look at what’s happening to American citizens, a lot is going on in the extreme. We’ve taken citizens from this country, without the right to be charged, without being told what they are taken for, we have spirited them out of this country, taken them to faraway places, and reports come back with some consistency that they are being tortured, they are not being told why, what they have done, and even some who have been released have come back and testified to this fact.

WB: But let me interrupt for a second. Are you familiar and I am sure you are because you are an intelligent man, what the Gestapo did to the Jews in World War II.

HB:: Absolutely.

WB: And you think that what the Department of Homeland Security is doing to some US citizens suspected of terrorism is similar to what the Nazis did to the jews?

HB: Well, if you are taking people out of the country, and spiriting them someplace else, and they are being tortured, and they are being charged or not being charged so they will know what it is that they have done, it may not have been directly inside the, inside the Deaprtment of Homeland Security, but the pattern, the system, it is what the system does, it is what all thses different divisions have begun to reveal in their collective. I mean, my phones are tapped, my mail can be opened. They don’t even need a court warrant to come and do that as we once were required to do.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:32:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Harry Belafonte = Terrorist Enabler

The next time he leaves this country to spout anti American BS (like Clinton did in the 70s) he should not be allowed back in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Who gives a shit what this clown has to say?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
That sorry excuse for a man is going to smoke a turd in hell....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, explain to me why anyone should listen to this mentally ill person??

What has he done to be an expert or know what he is talking about?

Just another moon bat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
If  he was a Venezuelan citizen spouting BS about little Hugo he would have already disappeared. There have been lots of 'disapperances in Vene. lately.  Lot of people leaving and those that can't are very afraid.  Only the very poor are 'happy'.

rj
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Belafonte = Black James Carville

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]

We’ve taken citizens from this country, without the right to be charged, without being told what they are taken for, we have spirited them out of this country, taken them to faraway places, and reports come back with some consistency that they are being tortured, they are not being told why, what they have done, and even some who have been released have come back and testified to this fact.

WTF is he talking about?  Is he alluding to Jose Padilla?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Celebrities... the only way they can be heard is by making extreme, usually insulting and/or fallacious, statements.

I have no use for these people. They provide no valuable service... they are just a pain in the ass with a big bank account.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top