Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 2:36:22 AM EDT
My little girls kindergarten class learned about Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks the other day. The teacher then asked each student what they would do to make a change in the world. She sent the answers for the entire class home on a weekly update that we get. Here are some of the answers:

If I could make a change in the world...

I would make sure there were no guns to hurt people. I would make sure people had food to eat. - Bethany

It's not fair to kill animals to eat them. - Anthony

I want all people to be nice to each other even if they have brown skin. - Tabitha

I would be a nice bus driver. - Rachel

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:43:44 AM EDT
[#1]

I'm 48.  These brainwashed, programmed, pussified sheeple-to-be will be IN CHARGE OF SHIT by the time I'm getting too old to deal with the insanity they create in the world.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:00:36 AM EDT
[#2]
My five year old came home and said that it was "Muffin King, Jr." day.  It took me a while to figure out that he was talking about Martin Luther King, Jr.  

Hey, the kids no rocket scientist, but I love him.

And we will be celebrating Muffin King Jr. every January from now on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Kids are a mirror image of their parents. While "Bethany" is gonna remove guns from the world... my kid sees a picture of a gun and goes "oooooh! bang bang bang bang!!"

Liberals are interesting creatures. Lets just hope that our kids can look back at liberalism the way we look back at communism. An annoying belief system that is now extinct.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:07:24 AM EDT
[#4]
All liberals have the minds of 5 year olds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Bethany wants everyone to be a slave.  The only way to make sure everyone has food to eat and doesn't have guns is for someone else to make people work to create the food and kill all of the people with the guns.  Only the overlords should be armed.  Reminds me of the origins of gun control - the need to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves.

Anthony isn't very clear.  He either wants us to eat the animals alive, which seems kinda mean and impractical, or to suffer long term health problems from the malnutrition most vegetarians suffer.

Tabitha is a racist.  She doesn't see other people, she sees people with brown skin.  The first step in creating a problem is finding a way to recognize those other people.

Rachel doesn't realize that she and the rest of the kids are little hellions.  Bus drivers aren't mean people who get that job to torment kids.  They're people who need a job and lose their niceness over years of dealing with the spawn of satan.

These are the kinds of things that are taught and discussed in school.  You need to make sure you give your children a better education than that.  I have 4 and 5 year old girls who know guns aren't bad.  They've shot their own little .22 and know mommy and I have guns.  They're also taking karate.  Their sensei explained his philosophy - karate isn't for starting fights.  But if someone attacks them, they have a right to defend themselves.  EVEN IF THE SCHOOL WILL PUNISH THEM FOR FIGHTING.  I absolutely agree with that philosophy and am glad to see that they are being taught by others that there are worse things than getting in trouble sometimes.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

... redunancy?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I can remember making similar statements in class when I was in grade school, too.  I knew that all I was doing was telling my teachers what they wanted to hear, even when I was in second grade.  I had a sense that I was being manipulated but I was too young to understand why.  I just did what I knew I had to do to get good grades, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kids are a mirror image of their parents. While "Bethany" is gonna remove guns from the world... my kid sees a picture of a gun and goes "oooooh! bang bang bang bang!!"

Liberals are interesting creatures. Lets just hope that our kids can look back at liberalism the way we look back at communism. An annoying belief system that is now extinct.

One of the things that the kids do for homework(for letters they are learning) is to cut out pictures of whatever the current letter is, and also pictures of things that start with that letter. About the only thing I ahve that can be cut up for school projects is old field and stream, outdoor life, fish,fur and game magazines. My daughter is always bringing in pictures of hunters or wildlife, etc...

I don't let her bring in any gun pics, as I figure she'll probably get in trouble for that. I'm thinking of letting her take in the pic I have from her first hunting trip for show and tell, bet the teacher would love that!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I think exactly the opposite will occur --there is a strong anti liberal mindset growing on college campuses these days --despite years and years of indoctrination by thier teachers/professors.  I think that attempting to indoctrinate these kids younger and younger as they are doing will backfire big time down the road --it only takes one brief moment for a liberal to sense the truth and become dis-illusioned. Older liberals are heavilly invested emotionallyin thier mindset and therefore are unwilling to see the world the way it really is or acknowledege anything but liberalism as a valid mindset. Young ones are much much more susceptable to change (much more likely too) as they mature --especially as they push boundaries and realize the limitations and falsehoods of liberalism.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Now that's just too cool!

My oldest has expressed some interest in shooting, but not a lot.  I'm trying to foster it, but between work, school, and family stuff, it's hard to find the time.  But I'm in my last course in college (I am on the "get a degree in 20 years" program), so this summer, it's on!

Woody
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bethany wants everyone to be a slave.  The only way to make sure everyone has food to eat and doesn't have guns is for someone else to make people work to create the food and kill all of the people with the guns.  Only the overlords should be armed.  Reminds me of the origins of gun control - the need to keep guns out of the hands of freed slaves.

Anthony isn't very clear.  He either wants us to eat the animals alive, which seems kinda mean and impractical, or to suffer long term health problems from the malnutrition most vegetarians suffer.

Tabitha is a racist.  She doesn't see other people, she sees people with brown skin.  The first step in creating a problem is finding a way to recognize those other people.

Rachel doesn't realize that she and the rest of the kids are little hellions.  Bus drivers aren't mean people who get that job to torment kids.  They're people who need a job and lose their niceness over years of dealing with the spawn of satan.

These are the kinds of things that are taught and discussed in school.  You need to make sure you give your children a better education than that.  I have 4 and 5 year old girls who know guns aren't bad.  They've shot their own little .22 and know mommy and I have guns.  They're also taking karate.  Their sensei explained his philosophy - karate isn't for starting fights.  But if someone attacks them, they have a right to defend themselves.  EVEN IF THE SCHOOL WILL PUNISH THEM FOR FIGHTING.  I absolutely agree with that philosophy and am glad to see that they are being taught by others that there are worse things than getting in trouble sometimes.  

The kids do not understand the consequences of their desires. The base desire is good, not wanting people to be hurt or starve, both good things.  The problem is how to approach solutions and it is telling that the solution brought about by a five y/o is the same as proposed by liberals.

And the libs say that everyone else is simple-minded fools.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That is the greatest photo ever.

My wife wants to use it as her desktop.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Very true
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Aww! Ain't she so cute?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
DUDE!!! she is a doll!! Showing the pic to my bride right now!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Last night, my son brought to me a toy-gun that he made.

He even put a scope on it for me.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Kooter,
I nominate that for best pic of the year. And I know it is only January but nothing is going to top that.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Last night, my son brought to me a toy-gun that he made.

He even put a scope on it for me.

That's funny!  It reminds me of mine two years ago.  When my son was in preschool him and another kid grabbed pieces of wood and they were 'guns'.  Then mine puts an old tp roll on top and says 'now it's got a scope'!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Like everyone else has said, great pic Kooter.  My 4 yo girl tells everyone she is going to be my hunting buddy and that we have already picked out her first rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Bethany's parents are douche bags....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Bethany's parents are douche bags....

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm 48.  These brainwashed, programmed, pussified sheeple-to-be will be IN CHARGE OF SHIT by the time I'm getting too old to deal with the insanity they create in the world.

I'm 47 and given present trends of physical fitness I expect I'll be kicking their pathetic asses when I am in my 80's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
When I was their age I was saying, "I want a gun, the cat looks stupid"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
its a mazing the subtle they are at brainwashing our children.  My son was reading a story and it had a picture of a black man and he instantly said "doctor" [they're teaching him to read by sight - no worries, I'm teaching him phonics].  It seems that they have decided to give African Americans a positive image so they show a black man or woman as a professional or doctor in the children books read to Kindergardeners.  Mind you nothing wrong with positively displaying a black family - however is the first thing that comes to mind a doctor when you think of one?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#26]

This is the best picture I've ever seen on the interweb.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd expect a certain level of grandiosity from a sheltered 5 year-old; that goodness & light would automatically rain down "if we just take all the bad stuff away".  It's far more troubling that so many would-be adults possess such 5 year-old mentality & sentiment in lieu of a grounded & realistic sense of the world around them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
its a mazing the subtle they are at brainwashing our children.  My son was reading a story and it had a picture of a black man and he instantly said "doctor" [they're teaching him to read by sight - no worries, I'm teaching him phonics].  It seems that they have decided to give African Americans a positive image so they show a black man or woman as a professional or doctor in the children books read to Kindergardeners.  Mind you nothing wrong with positively displaying a black family - however is the first thing that comes to mind a doctor when you think of one?

My former doc (when I lived in Kali) is black & he's a good guy.  Not easy to get a MD.  My white-bread ass couldn't walk in his shadow, I guarantee.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Ummmmmm, I kinda think of, whats that word......

Oh yea,
Human. Same word I think of when I see a white person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top