Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 8:35:12 PM EDT
I know it probably doesn't exsist, kinda like a intelligent liberal, but I want to see one if anyone has a pic.  I didn't post in the AK forum because they would just say what do you need better than "minute of a man" accuracy for...

Not a production model, just a one off.  Do they exsist?

Did I have one to many drinks tonight?

What say the slow ARFCOM tonight?

As in "customized" AKs...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i think the saiga and vepr variants are about as accurate as you'll get...

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
might be a galil out there
guys claim Veprs can shoot that well(mine didn't)
but Im betting it is like bigfoot lots of sightings but no proof
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I want you to ask this in the AK forums
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I want you to ask this in the AK forums

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Then it wouldn't run 100% of the time. Can't have both.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on, I am not buying one, just humor me.

Its like a picture of bigfoot.

I just want to SEE one....if one exsists...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Then it wouldn't run 100% of the time. Can't have both.

There ya go.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Arent the milled american made AK's supposed to be pretty darn accurate?  Cost the same as a good AR though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here you go

www.thetacticalsolution.com/hostedpictures/ak01.jpg

Thats really a sub moa?

As in groups below 1" at 100?

Damn..

I was figuring like a bazooka sized barrel or something
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#13]
While there's nothing wrong with what you ask... why can't you be happy with a sub Minute of Badguy weapon, which the AK is.

You may not be able to get quarter size groups, but for less than 300 bucks each, my SAR 1 and 2 would do quite well at the range I'm shooting at.

ETA: At any rate, as good as a Mini-14.  Oh, that's right, I went there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
While there's nothing wrong with what you ask... why can't you be happy with a sub Minute of Badguy weapon, which the AK is.

You may not be able to get quarter size groups, but for less than 300 bucks each, my SAR 1 and 2 would do quite well at the range I'm shooting at.

ETA: At any rate, as good as a Mini-14.  Oh, that's right, I went there.

Everyone gets defensive...I just wanted to SEE ONE.  Big freaking deal.

My SHTF rifle is a mini-14
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here you go

Thats really a sub moa?

As in groups below 1" at 100?

Damn..

I was figuring like a bazooka sized barrel or something

He has it confused with MOB accuracy (minute of barn)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yep, I get sub moa easy with that thing. Sub moa and a foot and a half to the right.

A little Kentucky windage might help ya there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess technically you could say the Dragunov is an AK variant.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

nice knowin ya bud
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

how? the gas blocks and sights are similar, that's about it
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

My SHTF fan rifle was a Mini-14...

Then I got a job.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nice knowin ya bud

We've been over this....education money has priority.  I'd rather stay in school, and earn my 45k to  60k starting out then waste in on a AR and have to work at McDonalds!  Its been worked on tol a consistant 2 moa gun.....gun nuff until I make money.  I'm far more likely to use my CW anyway, thats why I got an HK....no revolver jokes please
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Never did shoot it but once at the range a guy had a Valmet M78 308 that shot some nice groups.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how? the gas blocks and sights are similar, that's about it

Exactly....although it's more than that. You can tell just by the general layout of the weapon that it was - at least in part - inspired by the AK. The internals might be quite different (short stroke piston, etc), but it's still loosely the same basic concept. Mag release, safety, charging handle, sights, etc. etc., they all have clear lineage from the original AK, even if the design is heavily changed/modified.

Perhaps "derivative" would have been a better choice of vocabulary than "variant" in this instance, in the same way that the Bren gun is a derivative of the ZB-26.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I saw a Valmet M76 do a group that was sub-MOA. 5 shots in about a .75" group. Then, those groups opened up and even on a cool barrel 2" was about as good as it would ever do again.

I attributed it to stupid luck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Here you go.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, if you're bringing up the Valmet's and Sig's, then why not late Soviet designs? Specifically the AL-4 and AL-7, and later, AK-107 and AK-108
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#28]
AK's were designed to "minute of American" specs.  And we just keep getting fatter. Stoopid

rj
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Here you go

What's with the worn WASR-10?

Almost looks like it was purposefully worn...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:21:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#31]
If you are willing to accept the Daewoo DR-200/K2 as a AK 'variant' then, we have one that can shoot under MOA with good ammo.  The Daewoo, though is an elegant mutt with an AK gas system, FAL gas regulator, and AR bolt system.  Hard to call it a AK 'variant'....perhaps it is best called an AK derrivative.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If you are willing to accept the Daewoo DR-200/K2 as a AK 'variant' then, we have one that can shoot under MOA with good ammo.  The Daewoo, though is an elegant mutt with an AK gas system, FAL gas regulator, and AR bolt system.  Hard to call it a AK 'variant'....perhaps it is best called an AK derrivative.

The DR-200 is the bee's knees.  Reliable, rugged, accurate.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here you go

What's with the worn WASR-10?

Almost looks like it was purposefully worn...

What can I say, I'm rough with my stuff.....

I dunno... I don't see any scratches. It looks like it was lugged around in the desert for a decade or so. Are you suuuuuuuuuuure you didn't take any sandpaper to it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#35]
VEPR AK

Mine functions perfectly and with factory (US brand) loads, it will shoot MOA or better with IRONS.

With Wolf, I can expect 2.5" groups which rivals its 223 product in an AR15.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Here you go.

remtek.com/arms/sig/sniper/sniper3.gif

damn beat me to it
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
VEPR AK

Mine functions perfectly and with factory (US brand) loads, it will shoot MOA or better with IRONS.

i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/balzac72/DSCN4382.jpg

Impressive. I'm not an AK guy (yet). Is it difficult to add wood furniture to your VEPR? I imagine it wouldn't be. Call me nostalgic, but I kinda like the look of a classic AK.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
VEPR AK

Impressive. I'm not an AK guy (yet). Is it difficult to add wood furniture to your VEPR? I imagine it wouldn't be. Call me nostalgic, but I kinda like the look of a classic AK.

To the best of my knowledge, no one makes a wood furniture set for VEPRs. And even if wood stocks, grips and handguards were available, they'd have to be made in the USA in order to get around the no more than 10 imported parts rule.

www.robarm.com/RA_vepr%20faqs%20answers.html#VEPR%20US%20Made%20Parts

"Can the VEPR accept a standard AK47 Stock?

"No.  The VEPR receiver is different and cannot accept AK47 Stocks, pistol Grips, and handguards without modification."

Which parts of the VEPR are U.S. made?

All parts of the standard VEPR and VEPR Super are made in Russia.  Robinson Armament Co. makes the following parts for the VEPR II and VEPR K:  

1)  Buttstock;
2)  Pistol Grip;
3)  Hanguard;
4)  Trigger; and
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
VEPR AK

To the best of my knowledge, no one makes a wood furniture set for VEPRs. And even if wood stocks, grips and handguards were available, they'd have to be made in the USA in order to get around the no more than 10 imported parts rule.

"No.  The VEPR receiver is different and cannot accept AK47 Stocks, pistol Grips, and handguards without modification."

All parts of the standard VEPR and VEPR Super are made in Russia.  Robinson Armament Co. makes the following parts for the VEPR II and VEPR K:  

1)  Buttstock;
2)  Pistol Grip;
3)  Hanguard;
4)  Trigger; and

You know, I'll bet somebody who was really gifted with woodworking could make something, if they had standard AK furniture as a reference. Hmmmm...the wheels in my head are turning...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
VEPR AK

1)  Buttstock;
2)  Pistol Grip;
3)  Hanguard;
4)  Trigger; and

You know, I'll bet somebody who was really gifted with woodworking could make something, if they had standard AK furniture as a reference. Hmmmm...the wheels in my head are turning...

Same here... I'm seriously looking at purchasing a VEPR 16"bbl in 7.62x39 but the receivers aren't expected to ship from Russia until late Jan or Feb.

I prefer the "classic" wood look myself. It doesn't look like it would be all that difficult for someone with even simple woodworking skills to make their own stock and pistol grip.

(reference photo, VEPR skeleton stock and pistol grip)

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
VEPR AK

1)  Buttstock;
2)  Pistol Grip;
3)  Hanguard;
4)  Trigger; and

Same here... I'm seriously looking at purchasing a VEPR 16"bbl in 7.62x39 but the receivers aren't expected to ship from Russia until late Jan or Feb.

I prefer the "classic" wood look myself. It doesn't look like it would be all that difficult for someone with even simple woodworking skills to make their own stock and pistol grip.

(reference photo, VEPR skeleton stock and pistol grip)

www.ak47.com/prodimages/VEPR-Skeleton-Stock-LG.gif

Are folding stocks available for it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Are folding stocks available for it?

Nope.

I wonder how difficult it would be for someone with machine shop skills to convert an ACE AK-47 side folder
stock to fit a VEPR?

www.aceltdusa.com/AKStamped.htm
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno... I don't see any scratches. It looks like it was lugged around in the desert for a decade or so. Are you suuuuuuuuuuure you didn't take any sandpaper to it?

No, I'm not.

bad steel wool job....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top