Posted: 1/23/2006 7:37:26 PM EDT
http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/impeachment.htm
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
DUPE
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Arlen.

RINO SOB. I'm not a big Bush supporter, but can't anyone else see that this is a quid pro quo by the Democrats (you impeach our d00d, we'll do the same).
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#5]
another kennedy/schumer/feinstein/boxer circus coming right up!

kinda stupid to impeach someone over something that was legal
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Go ahead Aholes.
Wel will bring up that you voted for bush's plans and how you changed your minds when the Mulahs money started flowing, and how you would impearial the American people for your own gain.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Go ahead Aholes.
We'll will bring up that you voted for bush's plans and how you changed your minds when the Mulahs money started flowing, and how you would imperial the American people for your own gain.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:04:28 AM EDT
[#9]
No, I think it's highly doubtful he'll be impeached either next month or at all.  Forgive me if I doubt "Insight" but there will be no impeachment.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#10]
A majority of the House would have to vote to start the process. Notice the article only talks about the Senate?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go ahead Aholes.
We'll will bring up that you voted for bush's plans, and how you changed your minds when the Mulahs' money started flowing, and how you would imperial the American people for your own gain.

Ummm, if you're gonna try to fix shit for someone, at least be close....  x2

Woody
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A majority of the House would have to vote to start the process. Notice the article only talks about the Senate?

Kharn

+1.

Impeachment proceeding start in the House. Insight is full of shit. The Senate can have hearings until they are blue in the face... Specter may be a RINO but his allowing the Demwits a hearing is of no consequence... so why should he expend political capital to block hearings?

Just another example of the brillance of the Founding Fathers...the House, which represents the will of the people... all are elected every two years... is required to start proceeding to impeach presidents. Recall that originally, Senators (with 6 year terms) were not directly elected by the people but rather state legislatures.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the whole bunch should be thrown out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go ahead Aholes.
We'll will bring up that you voted for bush's plans, and how you changed your minds when the Mulahs' money started flowing, and how you would imperial the American people for your own gain.

Ummm, if you're gonna try to fix shit for someone, at least be close....  x2

Woody

That is whiy I try to nots be a speeling or grammer Natzi.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I like peaches
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Somehow I think Jorge won't be impeached.

But that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#18]
First off, I tend to agree with Rik and Hokie.

If this weren't real, it would be only too funny.  I, too, think our congresscritters should expend their political capital on more important things (e.g. Alito conf [a virtual lock], the Barrett Report, etc).

Second, if this thread is locked for dupe, can we pls get a link to the dupe thread?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Thanks, Arlen.

RINO SOB. I'm not a big Bush supporter, but can't anyone else see that this is a quid pro quo by the Democrats (you impeach our d00d, we'll do the same).

There will be no quid pro quo, because in order to have reciprocation, they would actually have to *impeach* Bush.  Not gonna happen.  We can all sleep soundly tonight.

From the article:
"A coalition in Congress is being formed to support impeachment," an administration source said.

To paraphrase Enigo from The Princess Bride:
"They keep using that word........ 'coalition'.  I do not think it means what they think it means."
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Pffft.

This one will go down in flames and the libs will end up looking even stupider than they are.

If one of their main focuses is the domestic surveillance program, they're going to have a hard time looking intelligent considering Bush ran the program by some high-ranking Democrat (can't remember her name) and she approved of it... Of course that's gotten lost in the hubbub.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#21]
And if by some chance Bush were removed from office, Cheney would be President. Cheney is filthy rich, has accomplished a whole lot in his life, and has a heart condition. That means he don’t have to take crap from nobody.

Cheney’s first act as President would be to order every Democrat in Congress shot…

Maybe impeachment is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Yawn

I must have missed the protests in the street this morning.  Non-issue.  

The only hope the Dems have is to find a leader, develop a plan, and win the next election. Instead of just knocking the Repubs.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

+1.

Impeachment proceeding start in the House. Insight is full of shit. The Senate can have hearings until they are blue in the face... Specter may be a RINO but his allowing the Demwits a hearing is of no consequence... so why should he expend political capital to block hearings?

Just another example of the brillance of the Founding Fathers...the House, which represents the will of the people... all are elected every two years... is required to start proceeding to impeach presidents. Recall that originally, Senators (with 6 year terms) were not directly elected by the people but rather state legislatures.

Right.  The House Impeaches and the Senate convicts, or not.  Actualy the Repubs are smart to let the Dims start all the crap, especially in the Senate.  Remember the remark from Hitlery about the "plantation?"  So, the Republicans can't be accused of obstructing someting the Dems want to do, but the Dems will look silly (and waste a lot of time) pursuing something against the basic rules (small item in the Constitution).
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Pffft.

This one will go down in flames and the libs will end up looking even stupider than they are.

If one of their main focuses is the domestic surveillance program, they're going to have a hard time looking intelligent considering Bush ran the program by some high-ranking Democrat (can't remember her name) and she approved of it... Of course that's gotten lost in the hubbub.

Yeah, like just like with Rathergate and Plamegate.  

Give 'em enough rope to hang themselves with.  Maybe we can get another ancient, dyed-in-the-wool liberal "reporter" to finally take their long-overdue retirement with some of this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

like gettin your dick sucked?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, unlike perjury.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, I don't have no love for the Shrub....but I have to say this:  Illegally wiretapping phones stateside without warrents should land his law-breaking ass in jail.  That's just wrong on so many different levels.  There is a reason that the .gov has to have a warrent for a search......
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, unlike perjury.

I DID NOT HAVE SEXUAL RELATION WITH THAT WOMAN, Ms. LEWINSKY.

IBTL

DUPE
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He said legal, not unlikely.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you meant to say "perjury" or "obstructing justice"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Only the fringe moonbats on the Left and Right are in this game.

Not a chance of this ever happening.  THAT is just another reason why having the adults control Congress is a good thing.

Can anyone imagine the Republicans proposing impeachment in 1941 when FDR had the U. S. Navy playing war with the Germans long BEFORE a formal declaration ever existed?

How about when he tried to pack the court?

How about when JFK acquiesced to the Bay of Pigs?  Yes, he pulled the plug...AFTER the op was underway...thus screwing the Cuban freedom fighters...but he DID know about it well beforehand.

How about Lincoln when he killed Habeus Corpus?

Anyway...this is just another, "We'll get even with YOU for STEALING OUR election in 2000 ploy.

Forget it...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe you meant to say "perjury" or "obstructing justice"

oh yeah - that too!

all this impeachment talk is a complete waste of time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess, but given as the Clinton impeachment was for perjury, I'm not sure your point.

edit: Wow, beaten by SO MANY PEOPLE... I need to refresh before replying...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well, I don't have no love for the Shrub....but I have to say this:  Illegally wiretapping phones stateside without warrents should land his law-breaking ass in jail.  That's just wrong on so many different levels.  There is a reason that the .gov has to have a warrent for a search......

It seems that too many "freedom loving" "patriotic" "Republicans" don't seem to understand. There's no way that this or any other president will "limit" spying on Americans who are talking to al-Qaeda operatives. Once they get it they'll expand it to anything and everything, all of a sudden we're living in an Orwellian nightmare. It might take time, but it'll get there.

I think we're going to find out soon enough that this spying was and is being used to spy for lots of non terror related offenses.  THEN what will the Republicrat apologists say?

This war on terror BS - war powers? This war won't ever END! You give this president unlimited powers of spying and he WILL abuse it - he already has, and he doesn't even have the authority to do what he did!

On top of it, there already IS spy powers in place if you need to spy immediately. You can start spying and get a court order 3 days later to continue. If the spying was legit, why wasn't it brought before this court? The only explanation for this could be is... because it's not legit. It wouldn't hold up in court. Bush and his cronies are afraid of this, why else are they in panic propaganda mode?

Take your head out of your asses and stop taking this president at his word. He's a corrupt politician like any other. Oh I love some of his justification - but Clinton did it!

Impeach the bastard.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I believe that at the time of the "Lewinski", adultery was considered a crime in the District of Columbia!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Bush to be IMPEACHED next month  

Not fucking soon enough.  When will everyopne come to terms with the fact he is very much not a Republican.  Maybe Cheney will act like a fucking Republican and if were lucky fire Gonzalez.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder how many of the people trying to rip Bush for this so-called "spying" will rip him again when the next terrorist attack occurs for not doing anything to prevent it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Bush to be IMPEACHED next month  

Not fucking soon enough.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I wonder how many of the people trying to rip Bush for this so-called "spying" will rip him again when the next terrorist attack occurs for not doing anything to prevent it.

Gore has already done that...

Democrats are fools they are to stupid to learn... they are overreaching again and it is going to bite them in the ass again.

When hate is the only idea you have you become irrational... At this point the Democratic leadership is worse and more dangerous than Al Qaeda they would destroy the whole country just to spite the President.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Irip he and most politicians pretty equally.  It is not Iraq, i rip him on its everything else.  Other than trounce on >>>our<<< rights and liberties one small seldom covered by supposedly hostile biased media at a time WTF has he done?  Borders and ports are wide open every step he takes domesticly in the G.W.O.T. erodes checks and balances, this supposedly conservative is spending money and expanding government in a way FDR would blush.  Domestic policies are a joke aqnd he will not even execute a real war on terror just bullshit shots in the dark and empty guesses.  Let me spell it out for you most real terrorism and their support comes from Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.  If you want to shoot the legs from international terrorism you start with those who are the base of support and money, big hint here it was not Saddaam.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Irip he and most politicians pretty equally.  It is not Iraq, i rip him on its everything else.  Other than trounce on >>>our<<< rights and liberties one small seldom covered by supposedly hostile biased media at a time WTF has he done?  Borders and ports are wide open every step he takes domesticly in the G.W.O.T. erodes checks and balances, this supposedly conservative is spending money and expanding government in a way FDR would blush at.  Domestic policies are a joke aqnd he will not even execute a real war on terror just bullshit shots in the dark and empty guesses.  Let me spell it out for you most real terrorism and their support comes from Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.  If you want to shoot the legs from international terrorism you start with those who are the base of support and money, big hint here it was not Saddaam.

I've seen 4th graders put together more coherent thoughts.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#43]
He should be impeached.

I want Dick Cheney president!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Irip he and most politicians pretty equally.  It is not Iraq, i rip him on its everything else.  Other than trounce on >>>our<<< rights and liberties one small seldom covered by supposedly hostile biased media at a time WTF has he done?  Borders and ports are wide open every step he takes domesticly in the G.W.O.T. erodes checks and balances, this supposedly conservative is spending money and expanding government in a way FDR would blush.  Domestic policies are a joke aqnd he will not even execute a real war on terror just bullshit shots in the dark and empty guesses.  Let me spell it out for you most real terrorism and their support comes from Iran, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.  If you want to shoot the legs from international terrorism you start with those who are the base of support and money, big hint here it was not Saddaam.

What?  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#45]
 This President has lied his ass off since he was selected by the Supreme Court in 2000......There is not, and never was a link between AlQaeda and Saddam, yet he keeps on with that line of bullshit...we sent 20,000 troops to Afghanistan to  get Osama, and 150,000 troops to Iraq...what was more important?.....most of the foriegn insurgents  killing our troops in Iraq are Saudis...15 out of 19 hijackers were SAUDIS.....I can see the true enemy....why can't our Administration?...oh yeah, MONEY AND OIL......that's why......"we have to fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here".....WTF IS THAT line of BS???....were there firefights in Manhattan on 9/11?? did I miss something??....we will never "have to fight them over here", because none of these anti American radicals has the money or the logistics to sustain anykind of battle head to head with us...let alone in our own streets...hence their 'hit and run' tactics...blow and go....I am not a lefty but I am not a righty either...I try to see both sides of any issue, and I have my own opinions as to what is good for America.....as far as impeaching Bush.....that will only get us another crooked liar in office,(yes, I mean Cheney)....do I want a Democratic nutball in office?...not really.....I want an HONEST politician who isn't going to SCREW AMERICA....when one of those type runs for office, let me know.......SemperFI!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I love to watch threads like this play out.

1) You get the satisfaction of knowing it's all about Alito. - The demowhacks must be doing cartwheels.

2) All the DU supa seekrit squirrels creep out of their caves and opine opinion.

win-win
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

1) You get the satisfaction of knowing it's all about Alito. - The demowhacks must be doing cartwheels.

2) All the DU supa seekrit squirrels creep out of their caves and opine opinion.

win-win

It do expose the creeps.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:41:46 PM EDT
[#48]
The Senate cannot impeach the President, they can only remove him from office if the HOUSE impeaches him.

Remember that the House impeached Klinton, but the Senate didn't have the votes to remove him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
 This President has lied his ass off since he was selected by the Supreme Court in 2000......There is not, and never was a link between AlQaeda and Saddam, yet he keeps on with that line of bullshit...we sent 20,000 troops to Afghanistan to  get Osama, and 150,000 troops to Iraq...what was more important?.....most of the foriegn insurgents  killing our troops in Iraq are Saudis...15 out of 19 hijackers were SAUDIS.....I can see the true enemy....why can't our Administration?...oh yeah, MONEY AND OIL......that's why......"we have to fight them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here".....WTF IS THAT line of BS???....were there firefights in Manhattan on 9/11?? did I miss something??....we will never "have to fight them over here", because none of these anti American radicals has the money or the logistics to sustain anykind of battle head to head with us...let alone in our own streets...hence their 'hit and run' tactics...blow and go....I am not a lefty but I am not a righty either...I try to see both sides of any issue, and I have my own opinions as to what is good for America.....as far as impeaching Bush.....that will only get us another crooked liar in office,(yes, I mean Cheney)....do I want a Democratic nutball in office?...not really.....I want an HONEST politician who isn't going to SCREW AMERCIA....when one of those type runs for office, let me know.......SemperFI!

Some people just need...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

win-win

WTF???  I don't worship the chickenhawk like some, but I am no libtard and I actually liked the Alito nomination, though it has become apparent it will not help gunowners.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top