Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 7:12:52 PM EDT

1. .223 is an "assault weapon" caliber.

2. Said "assault weapons" are 1/6 right hand twist.

3. Uzi's shoot  .223 out of a 9mm case.

4. "Silencers" leave striations on fired bullets.

5. Recovered .223 bullets are not deformed at all.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea but the ballistics woman is hot
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The 1/6 comment I believe refers to 6 right hand lands for describing the rifling.  then again I might be wrong it has been know to occure once in a while.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dupe

Yea, but I got all of the wrong stuff.

And slower than the other thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dupe

Yea, but I got all of the wrong stuff.

And slower than the other thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:25:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Last week on both a CSI (Las Vegas) and a CSI New York there were .22LR bullets recovered that were not deformed.

My wife gave me that "Shut up or leave the room" look.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:28:39 AM EDT
[#7]
If you shoot a case of soda it will only make a hole in one can and there will be no mess!

Oh and the bullet will be found inside the can that was shot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:32:09 AM EDT
[#8]
you know what i learned from watching "csi miami"?

there's actually a limit to how much fucking libtard addle-brained bullshit i'll take from the idiot box.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Last week on both a CSI (Las Vegas) and a CSI New York there were .22LR bullets recovered that were not deformed.

My wife does that to me.

Dammit, she does real-life CSI work, and she gets to do it for everything else, but I'm not allowed to do it for gun-type stuff...not fair!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]
CSI has done for forensics what the Flintstones did for anthropology.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Every bullet on the planet is in their database

Every tatoo on the planet too

Every mugshot

They have unlimited funds/space/time

They can "clean up" any digital photo to 8 megapixles (from 120x120 dpi)

They all belong in GQ/ all are models (except that red hair guy)

etc etc...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:01:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Bullshit aside I think it's one of your best TV exports....... keep em coming!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:06:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Did you ever see the toothpaste commercial that the ballistics lady does on TV? She holds up the brush and stares at it just like on CSI Miami, as if she were examining a bullet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I have never watched it, until last nite. Man the 'red haired guy' was better on other shows, what happened? He has that low slow voice and, well, his acting sucks, unless that is how he is supposed to be. Was he shot in a previous episode and suffered dain bramage?

Assault rifles, silencers, 5 minutes of some lab guy longingly looking at a chemical composition on a glass board...fuhgitaboutit. Won't be wasting my time on that show, or any of the CSI shows, again.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
CSI has done for forensics what the Flintstones did for anthropology.

Now THAT'S a sig line!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Not CSI, but I think it was Law and Order perhaps - they were investigating a homicide of a baby who had been beaten or shaken to death. After some top notch Sherlock Holmes investigating they began to suspect the mother. They approached the mother and measured the distance between her index finger and thumb with some device that looked like some kind of caliper. Amazingly the size of the mother's hand and the marks on the child were identical. Case solved!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#17]
any security camera image can be enhanced and magnified and gain resolution
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:41:24 AM EDT
[#18]
All scientific work is best done in glass/chrome rooms with extremely poor lighting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If you shoot a case of soda it will only make a hole in one can and there will be no mess!

Oh and the bullet will be found inside the can that was shot.

That's a good one.  Even my pellet gun (beeman R1 .20) will go through 4 or 5 cans.

I hate that show.  I watched it because people told me it was "good" (and that an episode featured some of our analytical equipment (www.veeco.com - look at the atomic force microscopes), and I could barely stand 10 minutes of that stilted, contrite dialog and piss poor acting.

I am sure that all crime scenes are lit to highlight the facial features of the lead investigator.  Ha ha ha.

Geoff
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:58:26 AM EDT
[#20]

The only redeeming factor what when the perp said that the AR15/M16 "looked like a 'normal' gun"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

- you get that look too?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't forget

5.) David Caruso still has no business being an actor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Why do you people watch this lib shit?

Go walk the dog, or build an AK kit, or clean a rifle or something constructive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Why do you people watch this lib shit?

Go walk the dog, or build an AK kit, or clean a rifle or something constructive.

but I clean while I watch the show.
The CSI spinoffs don't interest me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- you get that look too?

My ex g/f couldn't stand to watch tv or a movie with me.  I couldnt' help but throw a BS flag every 10 seconds!  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:23:22 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Don't forget

5.) David Caruso still has no business being an actor.

Should be #1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:32:27 AM EDT
[#27]
The next time you watch CSI Miami, watch carefully everytime they show Caruso on the screen.  He has gotten so old and his face has lost all definition (basically sagging bags of fat and skin), you will notice that they use softening filters and other camera tricks to camoflague his pale palor and deathlike demeanor.

The studios did the same thing with Jack Lord who played McGarret on Hawaii 5-0.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#28]
If it is any consolation, that got all of the computer related parts of the case wrong as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- you get that look too?

My ex g/f couldn't stand to watch tv or a movie with me.  I couldnt' help but throw a BS flag every 10 seconds!  

Hell, I was surfing the computer and the wife was watching CSI, yelling at me "Hey you should see this BS they are making up" & "The producer needs to hire someone with a brain because they don't know shit about guns"

I like NCIS, that goth Abby chick is hot, like the .Gov dress code would permit someone dressed like that. Just turn down the volume, fast forward to the chicky shots.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Did you notice how every case involves strippers, hookers, or hot housewives acting out their secret fantasies?

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Heh, there was a funny article in the Boston Globe by the guy who ran the state PD crime lab and he was absolutely RANTING about everything that show gets wrong.

Quite funny!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Did you notice how every case involves strippers, hookers, or hot housewives acting out their secret fantasies?

What is so unrealistic about that? Such is my life.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is so unrealistic about that? Such is my life.

The problem is,  all those 40 something guys that bury us under job applications.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#34]
When investigating a crime scene in a home or office, there is no need to turn on the lights to look for clues - those tiny flashlights provide much better lighting!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- you get that look too?

Hell, I was surfing the computer and the wife was watching CSI, yelling at me "Hey you should see this BS they are making up" & "The producer needs to hire someone with a brain because they don't know shit about guns"

I like NCIS, that goth Abby chick is hot, like the .Gov dress code would permit someone dressed like that. Just turn down the volume, fast forward to the chicky shots.

The girl that plays Abby really has a degree in forensics.

The characters are pretty interesting and their new Dodge Chargers are pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife does that to me.

Dammit, she does real-life CSI work, and she gets to do it for everything else, but I'm not allowed to do it for gun-type stuff...not fair!

LOL, me three!!!!  I always have a smart ass remark whenever she watches CSI & CSI: Miami. It's so bad, that we've gotten to the point that she knows i'm about to comment on how fake or stupid it is & she just gives me a look before i say a word.

The good news is i got her hooked on 24 & The Shield.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Things I learned watching CSI Miami

That David Caruso still can't act to save his life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top