Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/8/2001 7:37:52 PM EDT
I am now unable to avoid and resist the urges I am having for an M1A. Now especially seems to be a good time to get one as SA is offering their 6x40 military scope and mount for $99. Question is which one? I do not shoot matches (yet) but want the best I can reasonably afford. Anyone got any experience with the loaded packages as compared to the next step up to NM models? The loaded packages look pretty good and I have seen them run around 1400-1500 but is the NM really worth it to someone whose needs are only made up of want rather than necessity? Was really thinking about the MA-9222 (walnut, carbon steel barell) w/ some NM upgrades.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:40:26 PM EDT
Have you ever shot one?
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:48:44 PM EDT
xkill, Just a personal opinion. I have both a SA M1A and an Armalite AR10. If you want to shoot iron sites get the M1A. If you want to use a scope get t he AR10. The M1A is simply not designed to give the proper cheekweld for scope use. James PS - For me it is AR10 all the way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 7:50:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2001 7:47:55 PM EDT by X--Kill]
Actually, no PeaShooter, never shot one. I shoot an early SA M1 Garand and an Inland M1 Carbine but have only done a lot of looking at, reading about and fondling of the M1A. Never seen anything I did not like about teh M1A though. Do you ask from a + or - standpoint?
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2001 8:08:20 PM EDT by PeaShooter]
Well? to be honest. I have one, and I cant shoot it well. I think it kicks like a Mule. at least what I think a mule kicks like[:D] I have softer shootin 308's that I shoot better with. Its the only one that I get bruises with also? " I know? technique I know, I know?" But thats just me I guess? Jimmy is right also, cheekweld sucks with a scope, chinweld is more like it. I only shoot it open sights now.
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 8:33:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2001 8:35:45 PM EDT by HANGFIRE]
The American Military uses scoped M14s. The Israli Army uses them. You can get different stocks that have a high comb and provide excellent check weld. Take a look at the new Hathcock M1A from [url]http://www.springfieldarmory.com/prod-rifles-m1a.shtml#f[/url]
Top Top