Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The only evidence that she was drunk is the word of the officer that is accused of beating her.

- Where was the beating at?  Wrestling with someone in order to take theminto custody is a fair cry from giving someone a beating
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where was the excessive force" or police "brutality" that keeps getting mentioned?  

That was all the cop's blood on the pavement...wait, nevermind, that was her blood...

And?  Just because there is blood on the pavement doesn't equal excessive force or brutality.  Certain people on here have no grasp of how fights take place on the street.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where was the excessive force" or police "brutality" that keeps getting mentioned?  

That was all the cop's blood on the pavement...wait, nevermind, that was her blood...

Yep, his wounds were real gushers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And?  Just because there is blood on the pavement doesn't equal excessive force or brutality.  Certain people on here have no grasp of how fights take place on the street.

I usually refrain from starting fights with people for rollerskating, drinking, or cursing.

IMO the only things worth fighting over are the same things that would be worth killing for.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I usually refrain from starting fights with people for rollerskating, drinking, or cursing.

IMO the only things worth fighting over are the same things that would be worth killing for.

Wasn't much of a fight that actually occured there from all accounts.  Certainly more of a wrestling match than anything else. My point still stands though, most of the people making the comments about brutalitity and excessive force dont have a clue as to how things actually happen.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Read up a lil bit more.  You're comprehension sucks.

He worked in the past with him on off duty gigs.  They work in two different precincts.  He saw Ceaphus when he went to another precinct to meet with another detective.  He has never liked the man, but is backing him up on this.  The other cops that were with Ceaphus didnt like, but they are saying it was good arrest.

If so many people who dont like the man are saying it was a good arrest, than chances are it was, but what the hell, you're a confirmed cop basher anyway, so its like talking to a brick wall.

They have worked together, CHECK.
They both work for Dallas PD, CHECK.
They know eachother, CHECK.
They are both cops, CHECK.
Cops all hear the same story from the source, and repeat it to the other cops, CHECK.

Hmmm.... all hearsay coming from one source-- the crooked cops.

Apparently your comprehension sucks.

You want to believe your detective friend cus "he's worked with the guy" and since your friend is also a cop (Detective) and a man of "impeccable character," that means this story is believable, EVEN THOUGH he heard the story from some other cops who "heard it from so and so," blah blah blah... Riiight. BS.

PS: I am not a cop basher-- that's a typical response coming from someone who won't open their eyes.

If you want to believe the BS from your friend cus "he is a cop," and he isn't a real witness in the case, then you are even dumber than you look.

I never said your friend was wrong, I said its all hearsay, including the news. But hearsay being repeated by your "friend" and coming directly from one party (the cops) does not make it "true"...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
One of the tickets she recieved was public intoxication. Nobody denied she was drunk just you guys .

What are you talking about willis?

So you recieve a ticket that automatically means that you are guilty?

My point was that there is no physical evidence that she was drunk. I'm unaware of her getting a chance to blow for a breathalyzer or taking a blood test. Maybe she did or maybe she didnt. If she didn't then the ticket she recieved is only based on the word of an officer that is accused of beating her.

If he was in the wrong wouldnt it make sense for him to just claim that she was drunk to cover his ass and make it seem like it was all her fault.

After all people like yourself automatically assume that she was drunk and must be guilty because the officer who must obviously be an expert on intoxication says that she was.

Myself I have my doubts that a drunk can rollerskate and I think that if she was indeed drunk she would have looked alot like the last picture without the help of the officer making her that way.

The point i was making is the fact she never denied being drunk as far as i have read . She didnt even file a complaint until a few days after her arrest . My guess is she got wind of the photos and the media stir and decided to file a complaint  .  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:11:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This didn't appear to be a fight...but more or less a beat down. To me, a "fight" is more fair...But if you are claiming to be the expert on street fights I guess we'll have to defer to you on this then...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
She didnt even file a complaint until a few days after her arrest . My guess is she got wind of the photos and the media stir and decided to file a complaint  .  

Who cares when she filed a complaint??? She probably had to get the cuts to stop bleading, get out of jail, and cool down for a couple of days before she decided what she wanted to do. She got lucky that pictures exist...if they didn't, I'm sure 99% of the JBTAs on here would be denying the severity of her injuries...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#10]

She got a brand new pair of roller skates and he got a key

Talk about an esoteric reference. I doubt too many people actually got that joke.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Some of our members really ought to do ride-alongs for a few weekends. I am amazed at the ignorance that attends discussion of this episode.

I am the last person on the board to defend shoddy or heavy-handed police work. I don't see any evidence of that here. Guess what? Blood is the same color whether the bleeder earned the wound or not. A photograph of a cop throwing somebody to the ground or holding him down or punching him or wrestling with him for shits and grins looks exactly like a photo of a cop doing those things because they're necessary.

Last but not least, doctors and undertakers make good money off the handiwork of 100 lb girls and little skinny guys that the local internet badasses are so certain they could handle with stern talk.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread is supposed to be an update on the roller drunk.  So where are the nude pics??
This thread sucks without nude pics.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:43:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
well it makes more sense than the other crybabies arguments.  He at least was able to read the post and ascertain certain details. Some of the other posters have apparently ignored inconvenient details although they seem to have a prurient interest in anal sex.

Did someone say anal?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Nothing I've seen or heard.  

Her friends were on a bunch of local radio stations, all with a different story, none were present.  One said the officer punched in the face, one said she was hit with a baton, blah blah blah.  Each time, the radio personalities asked them if they were there, every answer was "no".

"D.C" and Peck both have different stories.  One says the cop threw her over the car, the other said the said he picked her up and threw her to the ground.

I took a pause to call a friend who is a Detective with Dallas PD, not quoting him, but he shed some new light on the subject.  Apparently, he has worked with this officer in the past on off duty gigs, in Downtown Dallas(Deep Ellum).  The officer is one of those cops that like to hand out tickets.  He says this cop is a certified asshole.   However, after talking to some other officers, who also dont care for this officer, they say it was indeed a good takedown.  

He stopped her and told her to place her hands on the hood, she did. He was going to give her a ticket after another officer, and him, asked her to stop skating in traffic earlier.  She skated away from him and into a tatoo parlor.  The officer in question, asked her to step back outside, and she refused and started to hurl insults and vulgarities at him.  He told if she didnt come outside that he would bring her outside, and that if he had to do that, she was going to jail.  She went off on him again and he decided to arrest her.  He went in got ahold of her right arm an took her outside.  When they got outside, she turned to her right and threw a punch and scratched the officers face.  My detective friend saw the officer  a day later and he said he does indeed have scratched and bruises to his face.  At that point he put her to the ground and she was still fighting.  He put in something called a "T-Bar Hold" and was able to cuff and subdue her.  He was also the one that called Dallas Fire and Rescue.  At the time when he took her down, he didnt realize there was loose pavement there, but in any event, when you take someone down who is fighting, pavement is going to hurt.

As much as he hates to admit it, and as much as he hates the officer in question, he believes he did the right thing according to Dallas PD protocol.  He is unabashed when he said the worst fight he, my detective friend, has ever been in was with a female of similar size and weight, and that he had the cuts and bruises to prove it.

I have doubted some others stories, but I do not doubt my friends story at all.  He is a man of impeccable character.

Yeah.

Don't think ill of me if I decide to wait for someone other than a police officer to tell me what happened.

Maybe 'Dallas PD protocol' is NOT what we should take as the 'last word' on whether this officer did anything wrong, or not?

Remember 'choke holds'?

They were 'Dallas PD protocol' very recently, weren't they?

Eric The(Patient)Hun
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I am often amazed and disappointed at the anti-police comments from some on this forum that I would surely call "friends".  I expect it from low-lifes, but am disappointed to read it from good people.

She was warned to quit skating in traffic.  Nice friendly police work.

She didn't quit.

This woman was arrested, told to place her hands on the car while he wrote her a ticket.

If she had done that, all she would have gotten was a ticket.  Instead, she walked (or skated) off and entered a tatoo parlor.

What was the Officer supposed to do?  Just ignore her leaving while under arrest?

While trying to place her under arrest again, she hit him.  He took her down and handcuffed her.

He did nothing wrong.

I am one of the first to criticize a "bad" policeman.  I hate 'em.

But that doesn't mean that I hate the rest of the good ones.  You guys ought to be ashamed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
She sued and they settled.

She got a brand new pair of roller skates and he got a key.

holy shit that's an old song.  wonder how many people got it.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am often amazed and disappointed at the anti-police comments from some on this forum that I would surely call "friends".  I expect it from low-lifes, but am disappointed to read it from good people.

She didn't quit.

This woman was arrested, told to place her hands on the car while he wrote her a ticket.

If she had done that, all she would have gotten was a ticket.  Instead, she walked (or skated) off and entered a tatoo parlor.

What was the Officer supposed to do?  Just ignore her leaving while under arrest?

While trying to place her under arrest again, she hit him.  He took her down and handcuffed her.

He did nothing wrong.

But that doesn't mean that I hate the rest of the good ones.  You guys ought to be ashamed.

So what is she supposed to do? Wearing rollerskates means it's your shoes at that moment. Should she take the skates off and walk over to the shop? Or is it easier and quicker to skate to the shop where you can repplace your skates with shoes. Sometimes there's just a little bit of logic that should not be overseen...PS: I'm not interested in the police debate at all, just the logic of someone needing shoes on their feet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That was good!

I can hear the song in the background..
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She didn't quit.

He did nothing wrong.

+1

She was being detained to receive a ticket for skating in the street after being warned.  She left before receiving said ticket, and then resisted going back to receive her ticket.   Being attacked by a truly angry woman is not a fun thing.

IMO, the police did what they had to do.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

So what is she supposed to do? Wearing rollerskates means it's your shoes at that moment. Should she take the skates off and walk over to the shop?

No.  Here in America, a police officer can arrest you and detain you while he writes you a ticket.  If you then agree to sign the ticket, which is only a promise to appear in court, you are released and can go about your business.

What you are not allowed to do is to walk away while under arrest.  That is defined as attempted escape.  She had no right to take her hands off the police car and walk away while under arrest.

The Officer is required by law to persue her and place her under arrest.  That's what he did.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what is she supposed to do? Wearing rollerskates means it's your shoes at that moment. Should she take the skates off and walk over to the shop?

No.  Here in America, a police officer can arrest you and detain you while he writes you a ticket.  If you then agree to sign the ticket, which is only a promise to appear in court, you are released and can go about your business.

What you are not allowed to do is to walk away while under arrest.  That is defined as attempted escape.  She had no right to take her hands off the police car and walk away while under arrest.

The Officer is required by law to persue her and place her under arrest.  That's what he did.

Brother Old_Painless, I am not quite certain that any of us is in a position to know 'what he did', when it comes to this particular arrest.

Right?

So, we really don't have any factual basis, at all, to determine whether 'what he did' was correct or not.

Even IF it was accomplished 'according to Dallas DPD protocol', that, in and of itself, means nothing.

Let's not be too hasty in our judgments, Brother!

Whatever happened to 'not tolerating rudeness', anyway?

I cannot imagine Capt. Call acting in such a rude and gruff manner...with a lady of any station.

Eric The(Gentlemanly)Hun
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Some of our members really ought to do ride-alongs for a few weekends. I am amazed at the ignorance that attends discussion of this episode.

I am the last person on the board to defend shoddy or heavy-handed police work. I don't see any evidence of that here. Guess what? Blood is the same color whether the bleeder earned the wound or not. A photograph of a cop throwing somebody to the ground or holding him down or punching him or wrestling with him for shits and grins looks exactly like a photo of a cop doing those things because they're necessary.

Last but not least, doctors and undertakers make good money off the handiwork of 100 lb girls and little skinny guys that the local internet badasses are so certain they could handle with stern talk.

How can you say you're amazed at the attitude here?  its the same EVERY time there's a thread about the police.  No matter what the circumstances there's still the "Police State" comments and the "Did he shoot your dog" comment.  

This place has changed drastically in the little time I've been here as both a lurker and a paid member.  I have since decided not to renew my membership as there's nothing really left to offer.

I came here expecting to find a group of people who could converse back and forth civilally about shooting, training and the AR platform.  Instead this place has become a cesspool for whiny paranoid wannabes that are never happy unless they are the alpha and only "they" will save the country from itself.

Its sad that such a great site has found a all new low with some of these people.  I'd love to think that given a situation where we were all having pizza and beer none of this crap would be spewed and we could all have a great time.

its unfortunate that the internet brings out the worst in people.

Shame on you people
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#24]
I will answer your questions because I respect you, Sylvan.  Got to respect anyone that flys the Texas' badge.

Quoted:
So this was a good job of being a cop?

What does it mean to do "a good job of being a cop"?

I would say that it means to enforce the laws as passed by the Legislature.
As a Police Officer, I didn't swear to uphold the laws of the State of Texas, "expect those I don't like much".

Texas state law says that skating in traffic is against the law.  As others have posted, if the police hadn't stopped her, there would have been complaints about "Why don't the cops stop this crap?"

This Officer is charged with enforcing traffic laws in that area.  He did his job.

All the things in Dallas and we should look at this and be happy?
I am not getting it.

I understand your question.  But this Officer's job was to enforce traffic laws.  He did his job.

So, as a citizen, I am happy that he is doing what we pay him to do.

So hands on the hood=under arrest for roller skating?

That is 100% correct.

If a police Officer stops you or me for running a stop sign, we are technically under arrest while he writes the ticket.  If we get in our car and drive off, we will be pursued and arrested and taken to jail.

I wrote many tickets in my career.  In a few cases, I told the person, "This is a citation for Running a Stop Sign.  Please sign here.  This is not an admission of guilt, only an agreement to appear at Corporation Court within 10 days."

If the person refused to sign, I had one and only one recourse.....I had to arrest them.

They refused to post a "Personal Recognisance Bond" and therefore, had to be arrested and taken to jail.

That is exactly what this Officer did.

I ask you OP, do you see yourself acting as this cop did?

I wasn't there, but I can tell you that if that situation had occured to me, I would have been required by law, to do the exact thing.  He did not have the option of just "letting her go".

I see this guy as, at best, as asshole with a badge that gives him the ability to fuck with whoever he wants.
at worst, a thug with a badge.

Why?  Because he enforces the laws as passed by the duely elected legislature?  That's his job.

Don't like the roller skating laws?  Write your Congressman.

Public intoxication, did he breathalizer her?  Or does he just know?

No and breathalizer tests are not required.

If an Officer sees someone that "staggers when he walked, his breath smelled strongly of alcoholic beverages, his clothes were disleveled, his speech was slurred, and his eyes were bloodshot", (or any combination of those or other symptoms) the law says that the Officer has "Probable Cause" to believe that person is drunk and can effect an arrest.

I'll be the first to admit cops have a really tough job.  But keeping rogue roller skaters under control just doesn't seem as if it should be a priority out there.  
Maybe if she was roller skating on I-35.

Maybe they had had citizen complaints.  But even if they hadn't, upon observing a violation, it was the Officers job to write her a ticket if she refused his warning to stop the violation.

There is one and only one person that is responsible for this whole mess.  The drunk skater.

She brought this all upon herself.  She has no one else to blame.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#25]
So now, she's 'drunk', Brother Old_Painless?

When did we learn this?

From Ceaphus, hisself?

Tut, tut, let's wait for something more worthy than that.

Eric The(Grounded)Hun
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I would say that it means to enforce the laws as passed by the Legislature.
As a Police Officer, I didn't swear to uphold the laws of the State of Texas, "expect those I don't like much".

Texas state law says that skating in traffic is against the law.  As others have posted, if the police hadn't stopped her, there would have been complaints about "Why don't the cops stop this crap?"

Yeah, except everyone know there are a lot of bullshit laws on the books...because legislators think that people will think they don't do anything if they don't pass laws....and because somewhere out there, someone wants to pass a law against everything.

Look at some jurisdictions/states...it is actually illegal for you to receive oral sex from your wife or girlfriend....I don't see a lot of cops looking for illegal BJ's....

Not to mention the whole NFA and firearms laws, most of them are bullshit....

I just thought things appeared a little out of hand for something apparently lots of people do in that area.....

And there are still conflicting stories...the most plausible I've heard is that she was in the front leaning rest against the car, someone called to her, and she turned around and got whapped for it....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Brother Old_Painless, I am not quite certain that any of us is in a position to know 'what he did', when it comes to this particular arrest.

Right?

So, we really don't have any factual basis, at all, to determine whether 'what he did' was correct or not.

I will certainly agree with you that none of us were there.

I am basing my comments upon the facts as outlined in the above posts.

Even IF it was accomplished 'according to Dallas DPD protocol', that, in and of itself, means nothing.

Not necessarily.  Not following "Dallas DPD protocol" would immediately be jumped on by many on this forum as "wrong".  He seemed to have followed protocal.  Good for him.

Let's not be too hasty in our judgments, Brother!

Whatever happened to 'not tolerating rudeness', anyway?

I cannot imagine Capt. Call acting in such a rude and gruff manner...with a lady of any station.

Eric The(Gentlemanly)Hun

Capt. Call was (in the movie) a Texas Ranger.  As such, he swore to "uphold the laws of the State of Texas".

He, like me, would have arrested this woman for breaking those laws.  

If she had agreed to just stop, it would have only been a verbal warning and everybody would have been happy.

But she refused to stop.  He then tried to write her a ticket.  She refused to remain in custody until the ticket was written.

When he followed her, she struck him.

There was one and only one "Rude" person in this incident.

The drunk skater was rude.  

And I hate rude behavior in a man or a woman.  I won't tolerate it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

When did we learn this?

From Ceaphus, hisself?

Eric The(Grounded)Hun

Find me anything stating the skater chick denied being drunk? You guys are the ones claiming she was not a drunk phsyco . No one else as far as i have read . You guys are trying to paint a picture of an upstanding citizen being beat down by an evil cop to support your own agendas . Its pretty clear this lady is no angel . If she was a black male,  mexican or some overweight whitetrash woman you guys wouldnt be posting this junk .  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right?

I will certainly agree with you that none of us were there.

I am basing my comments upon the facts as outlined in the above posts.

And those 'above posts' are authoritative because....?????....help me here.

Originally posted by Eric The Hun:

Not necessarily.

No, there is no 'sliding scale' of what constitutes 'bad behaviour', even if one can claim authority under some color of law...or internal procedures of some police organization.

I thought Nuremburg answered these questions?

Not following "Dallas DPD protocol" would immediately be jumped on by many on this forum as "wrong".

Then 'they' might well be wrong, wouldn't 'they'?

He seemed to have followed protocal.  Good for him.

If that was the sort of 'protocol' that should be followed, then we may be in a sad, sad situation.

But, hey! that's what internal investigations and lawsuits are for, eh?

Capt. Call was (in the movie) a Texas Ranger.  As such, he swore to "uphold the laws of the State of Texas".

He, like me, would have arrested this woman for breaking those laws.

IF she broke any laws, my dear Brother. I would expect that.  

If she had agreed to just stop, it would have only been a verbal warning and everybody would have been happy.

Again, dear Brother, we have no indication or evidence, other than the word of the person accused of 'bad behaviour', that she did not comply with everything that Our State required of her.

But she refused to stop.  He then tried to write her a ticket.  She refused to remain in custody until the ticket was written.

When he followed her, she struck him.

So, I take it that you accept the word of the man who is accused of acting badly, hook, line, and sinker?

Not me.

This officer has already been disciplined twice for 'escalating or participating in a disturbance' and once for 'conduct discrediting the department', and while I don't think that alone means that this arrest is BAD, I think that it means that he should not be given the benefit of the doubt.

Some think otherwise. Cool.

There was one and only one "Rude" person in this incident.

Ceaphus sez so, I do believe.

The drunk skater was rude.

Ceaphus sez so, I do believe.

And I hate rude behavior in a man or a woman.  I won't tolerate it.

I seriously doubt that you could ever imagine yourself with your knee across a young lady's throat.

I really do.

But we shall all await the results of what occurs in this matter.

Will Internal Affairs find that Ceaphus 'acted appropriately'?

Of course.

Will a jury of our fellow citizens?

We shall see....

Eric The(OrdinarilyNonlitigious)Hun
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Did she "have it coming to her" for skating or being rude? Was she holding a weapon? Did she have an outstanding warrant for child abuse or battery? Or was it just an "AU-THOR'TAY" thing? Beating this woman, grinding her face into the pavement was certainly not the "Christian" thing to do. But I guess the badge supercedes that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did we learn this?

From Ceaphus, hisself?

Eric The(Grounded)Hun

Find me anything stating the skater chick denied being drunk?

Find me one statement by the skater saying anything about being drunk, one way or the other!

In this country we are not required to make any statements, at all.

Maybe you have the Criminal Code of the Former Soviet Union, that you are reading from, but our system of justice never had such requirements!  

You guys are the ones claiming she was not a drunk phsyco .

Now you have evidence about her mental condition?

Please share such evidence with us...if you can.

You guys are trying to paint a picture of an upstanding citizen being beat down by an evil cop to support your own agendas .

You are simply wrong.

I do not know this young lady, at all.

But then neither do you, my little 'drunk-psycho-ascribing' fellow.

Its pretty clear this lady is no angel .

How so?

Her manner of dress?

Tsk, tsk, tsk, I thought Americans could dress in any manner that they wished....but you think that it was 'pretty clear' that this young lady was 'no angel'?

Should the DPD now be fashion critics? With batons?

If she was a black male,  mexican or some overweight whitetrash woman you guys wouldnt be posting this junk .  

What utter bullshiite!

You need only recall the threads stirred by the videos of those NOPD folks taking down the retired black male schoolteacher on Bourbon Street to know the error in your thinking!

Sheesh!

Eric The(Amazed)Hun
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was good!

I can hear the song in the background..

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So she just skated away after putting her hands on the hood?  After she went inside (apparantly doing what the cop wanted in the first place) he decides to drag her back outside.  He does drag her back outside, she fights back, he thumps her.
Asshole cop, according to other cops no less, decides to exert his authority, gets a citizen so worked up she gets pissed so he can get a righteous beat down?

She left the scene of a traffic stop. People on rollerblades are subject to the rules of the road just like cars. She dictated what happened to her.

If some drunk rollerblader rolled in front of your car and you hit her you would want to know why didn't someone stop her, and you might take it more seriously.

The moral of the story is don't rollerblade drunk, Don't rollerblade drunk in the street, Don't continue to rollerblade drunk in the street after being told not to, Don't flee a lawful detention when you are stopped for doing what you were told not to do once before, and don't wrestle with the police when they stop you from fleeing and try to arrest you and you wont get hurt.

It's the officers fault

1. Get your facts straight.
2. She was wearing roller skates. She was skating.
3. They are not Roller Blades. Its not called Roller blading. Its called Inline Skating, if she was wearing inline skates...

So your argument is about her skates and the semantics involved?

Yeah, well, he is like that.

But it's still someone with 2nd hand info getting a take from another cop....
TXL
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#34]

There was a show at the LIQUID LOUNGE, even though the flyer said Lizard lounge, and it WASN'T free, for some of our Dallas derby girls. I met up with Amanda outside of Elm St. Tattoo, and there was a derby girl skating from the bar across the street to the tattoo parlor.

Im sure she was drinking milk . Bottom line is there is not enough evidence to really make a police abuse call . Both sides of the argument are pretty much drawing conclusions including me. The fact that she is into a full contact roller derby would lead me to believe shes an aggressive woman . They pride themselfs on being "bad girls" . She definitely wasnt cooperating with the LOE and was most likely drunk . Im not gonna feel bad fore someone who puts themself in a situation like that . Its kind of strange how neither her lawyer or the skater will comment on the story i really would like to hear there side .
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#35]

Good thing the officer didn't use a Taser. Cuz if he had, she would be unhurt, but he would be facing criticism for being unable to "handle" her.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So she just skated away after putting her hands on the hood?  After she went inside (apparantly doing what the cop wanted in the first place) he decides to drag her back outside.  He does drag her back outside, she fights back, he thumps her.
Asshole cop, according to other cops no less, decides to exert his authority, gets a citizen so worked up she gets pissed so he can get a righteous beat down?

She left the scene of a traffic stop. People on rollerblades are subject to the rules of the road just like cars. She dictated what happened to her.

If some drunk rollerblader rolled in front of your car and you hit her you would want to know why didn't someone stop her, and you might take it more seriously.

The moral of the story is don't rollerblade drunk, Don't rollerblade drunk in the street, Don't continue to rollerblade drunk in the street after being told not to, Don't flee a lawful detention when you are stopped for doing what you were told not to do once before, and don't wrestle with the police when they stop you from fleeing and try to arrest you and you wont get hurt.

It's the officers fault

3. They are not Roller Blades. Its not called Roller blading. Its called Inline Skating, if she was wearing inline skates...

TXL

Ohh,  that's a LOT worse than the other side in this continuing saga getting their information from either a 6th hand internet source or simply by making it up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the officers fault

TXL

Actually, he failed to recognize the previous post just before the one he quoted... the board was screwing up, so I didn't bother putting the replies in the same post.

If people cannot get the facts straight, like "skates" instead of "Roller Blades," then what else are they missing?

Its like in the movie SWAT, after they take over the bus and try to bust the guy out, the police chief (I think he was the chief) was on the news making a statement how men armed with "AK47s"... yet they weren't AKs at all...

or like when watching TX SWAT (or was it the other SWAT?) and they show a semi-auto ".45ACP machine pistol" (looks like a MAC) and then show someone shooting a full-auto handgun that looks to be a 1911 (goes by too quick to notice which model it is, but its definately NOT a MAC)... to scare the sheeple....

or when the media shows a picture of a "banned" pre-ban "sniper assault rifle" that was used during the DC snipings... yet he used a post-ban....

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She didn't quit.

He did nothing wrong.

So this was a good job of being a cop?
All the things in Dallas and we should look at this and be happy?
I am not getting it.
So hands on the hood=under arrest for roller skating?

I ask you OP, do you see yourself acting as this cop did?
I see this guy as, at best, as asshole with a badge that gives him the ability to fuck with whoever he wants.
at worst, a thug with a badge.
Public intoxication, did he breathalizer her?  Or does he just know?
I'll be the first to admit cops have a really tough job.  But keeping rogue roller skaters under control just doesn't seem as if it should be a priority out there.  
Maybe if she was roller skating on I-35.

Breathalizer for PI?  Surely you jest.  I've known people who have gotten arrested for PI who requested a breathalizer and were refused.  I think it has something to do with the fact that blowing a .08 isn't sufficient to prove public intoxication, but blowing less exposes a bullshit arrest.  In a whole lot of cases, the cops have nothing to gain by administering the test and much to lose.

Legally, PI in Texas requires that you be intoxicated to a point where you pose a danger to yourself or others.  Cops seem to think that anyone who has had at least one drink and mouths off to a cop meets that standard.  It's just their clever little way of getting around the First Amendment.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
This didn't appear to be a fight...but more or less a beat down. To me, a "fight" is more fair... -

Again, where is the "beatdown"?  In none of the pictures shown, nor any of the accounts of the fight, is it shown/stated that the officer were struck the skater while attempting to cuff her.  Instead, you have, by all accounts, what appears to be an officer taking the skater down and then wrestling with her for control of her arms so he can put cuffs on her.  His body position in each of the photos is readily evidence of this.

But if you are claiming to be the expert on street fights I guess we'll have to defer to you on this then...
- I'm far from an expert, but have been training for a day or two and have had a few fights with people so I kind of have an idea of how things occur.  How about?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Better late than never.

I'd hit it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:05:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Which Texas state law would that be?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#42]
[Sarcasm]

You people need to understand that pimpin' is NOT easy!

That man was only slappin' his drunk ho to keep her in line!

[/Sarcasm]

ETA:

Just kidding...

We make fun of everyone else so don't take that seriously...

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I've said it before and I'll say it again,I would need a video and
a blood alcohol/drug test from the girl to wade in to far on this one.

I've seen some 90 lb trashy drunken whores freak out and take down
200 lb guys before.
Scary, like a badger on crack scary.Like insane animals.
Often right after a shiny perfect smile is shown.

On the other hand ,I've personnaly witnessed rediculous cases of
policeman abusing their authority as well as physically abusing
people for the kick of it.

Before it's asked ,no I will not say when and where ,only that I have
witnessed it .
In the part of the country I live in ,the good cops are far outnumbered by the bad.

My uncle was a local chief of police until he was sick of it and quit ,so I
know what I'm talking about.
He talked me out of becoming a cop .

My personnal vibe ?

She was scary ,he reacted.Maybe a little to much ,maybe he's seen those
crazy trashy women flip out before ,and thought it was coming.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Nice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#45]
It's funny, when this story broke, with the series of pictures some people posting in this thread, posted in the 2 original threads.

From the images, they made comments that the officer had felt up the roller girl, she was only defending herself against excessive force, the officer whacked her head into the hood for rude talk, etc. etc. They MADE UP their own conclusions based on the images.

Yet when the story hits the media, is there any mention of sexual misconduct? A witness that saw the head bash? NOPE.

Instead there is a story of a person that was given the "word to the wise" to stop skating in the street. Apparently she was immune. She was caught skating in the street a 2nd time, and detained so a citation could be issued. She decided to leave before the citation could be issued. The officer decided to arrest her and a struggle broke out - according to one account.

Now we have the same mental gymanastics being used to make roller girl innocent. How can the police know if a person is intoxicated? I'll tell ya' every time I see Otis on the Andy Griffith show, I think Andy is violating his Rights by incarcerating Otis without having him perfrom sobriety tests and take a breath test. I mean how do we KNOW Otis is drunk?

Then there's the intrernet 'tard who can't grasp the whole "when the police detain you you ain't free to go".

Then someone wants to know about skates vs shoes........................... Yeah when the police tell you to stop skating in the street "or else" you can choose to keep skating in the street and get "or else". Or you can leave the area.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You also have to admit from the police side we have heard three different versions of what happened.

She was originally belligerent and refused to cooperate
When told she was under arrest, she turned around and attacked the cop.
She was dragged out of a tattoo parlor and that is when she attacked the cop.

Three very different stories all coming from the blue side.

How come that story keeps changing?

- I dont really see the story changing.  Perhaps certain issues are getting clarified, but far from being 3 totally different accounts of what I happened (unless I missed a retelling of this tale)
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just really wanted to see more panty shots and bloody face pics.

Google

Google the phrase "panty shots and bloody face pics" and look at the results

Wow.  There really is porn on the internet.  I thought that was a rumor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:37:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Instead there is a story of a person that was given the "word to the wise" to stop skating in the street. Apparently she was immune. She was caught skating in the street a 2nd time, and detained so a citation could be issued. She decided to leave before the citation could be issued. The officer decided to arrest her and a struggle broke out - according to one account.

You also have to admit from the police side we have heard three different versions of what happened.

She was originally belligerent and refused to cooperate
When told she was under arrest, she turned around and attacked the cop.
She was dragged out of a tattoo parlor and that is when she attacked the cop.

Three very different stories all coming from the blue side.

How come that story keeps changing?

I don't know but why can I envision this:

Contact 1: Request for "roller girl" to stop skating in the street.

Contact 2: Stopped and contacted about roller skating, told she will be getting a ticket. She storms off to a nearby store.

Contact 3: Contacted in store, belligerent, AKA mad about ticket, told to return to/escorted back to patrol car.

Contact 4: Back at patrol car, continues belligerent routine, when given a citation she refuses to sign it. Officer says signing ticket means you will appear in Court, if you don't sign it you will be arrested. Roller girl refuses to sign. Officer says "you're under arrest", donnybrook ensues.

Seems like both sides have told stories about her going into a business and being followed by the police. As HER supporters saying she was very verbal. That could also indicate she was very ANGRY and CONFRONTATIONAL.

And as far as the police version.......

1) The police don't "try cases in the media".
2) The police generally don't realease a whole lot of imfortion before a Trial, so the defense can't argue the "contaminated the jury pool".

Once upon a time,

I was involved in the investigation of a deadly drunk driving high speed chase crash. The driver was clearly intoxicated, and told us he was. As well as telling us he ran because he didn't want his 3rd DUI.

The press release said "alcohol is believed to be a factor".................................

We were getting taken to task, and responded with similar bland releases of info.

I beleieve the one thing that saveds us from a huge public outcry was the citizen that had watched us do field sobriety tests. He got on the news and said the suspect was drunk, told the officers he was drunk, and was running to keep from getting his 3rd DUI.

He wasn't restrained from saying what he meant, like the police often are.

Press releases, and info to the press or public are often HEAVILY edited for a variety of reasons.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top