Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
She would have gotton arrested for sure. First time she did this.At this point i am hoping the cops don't come from neighbors.

And the problem is?  Wack job you say you didn't do, beating the crap out of your door in the middle of the night and you are afraid she'd be arrested?  Sounds to me like that is the best thing that could have happened.  Hopefully they'd have committed her for evaluation.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Something to consider: restraining order.

Oh yeah, like a little piece of paper's going to stop a nut case. [homeytheclown]I don't think so![/homeytheclown]

If she said or did anything that made you think she would be violent and you think she'll be back or continue to hassle you, then you might want to be pro-active here.  

At least give your local popo a call and give them a heads-up on the crazy behavior.  This puts you on record first.

= a paper trail of her craziness. A chalk outline of the victim. Both make it easier for the po-po to find the killer.

Afterwards.

Of course, sometimes its better to leave sleeping bitches lay.

...and him just cowering behind his door......

Again, [homeytheclown]I don't think so![/homeytheclown]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Is she big?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And here I thought all you tough guys never call the police because you "don't need the police to protect you". Different tune now, eh?

I wouldn't call the cops for protection, it would be about 3 hours before they would show up anyway. I would call to get it on file, so should this bitch come back with a knife or something, it will be documented that she is nuts and I hopefully wouldn't need a lawyer to prove self defense.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
When it isnt funny anymore......call the police, they always have ways to make sh!t funny again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
So was boinking her best friend worth the drama?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]
At least it didn't happen to deej.  Everyone here knows he is unarmed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So was boinking her best friend sister worth the drama?

Yes

ETA Did you just say boink?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And here I thought all you tough guys never call the police because you "don't need the police to protect you". Different tune now, eh?

I don't need protection from her.  If it was a male I would have walked outside and kicked his ass.  Considering it was a 100 pound girl if I would have confronted her it would have been me going to jail.

BTW I have never been a part of the cop bashing threads and your advice really could have helped here.  Why do you have to come and troll instead of offering a professional opinion?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Call the cops if for nothing else than a paper trail in case of future such events and possible escalation.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So what did you do to piss her off?...

and dont make up any shit, I work in a 9-1-1 center, I hear bullshit all day long.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahahahaha!!!!

Quoted:

Would you believe I never touched her?

Maybe that is what got her pissed off... she wanted you, you stud!

Quoted:

I had to call the police once when my ex-fiance started throwing things. She was bi-polar and frequently went into "moods" (She was/is what is referred to as a "rapid cycler"; very difficult to cure or even to control).
As soon as the police arrived she calmed down completely. She knew that she couldn't continue her violent behavior around the police.

Then she CAN control her behavior, there is no excuse.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

ETA Did you just say boink?

She just wants some too. Put it ........and post pics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#13]
You call them the moment she does something illegal, like banging on your door after being told to leave.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]
God Damn....has the whole country lost it's ability for reasoning? Some stupid sumbitch is pounding on your door at 3AM....call the freaking cops. How goddamn 'DUH' can we be?

He who calls the cops first usually has the advantage.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have on banging on my door and screaming at me.  Wish she would just go away but probably not gonna happen.  Should I just hope one of my neighbors does me the favor?

Did you try unlocking the door and letting her out?

On behalf of those of us who just ruined a keyboard........

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just curious: Is it hard work being this sanctimonious and self-serving all the time, or does it just come naturally to you?

I think his estrogen patches make it easy for him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Fred, I wouldn't get too worried until she starts boiling the bunnies.  Then call the cops.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have on banging on my door and screaming at me.  Wish she would just go away but probably not gonna happen.  Should I just hope one of my neighbors does me the favor?

Did you try unlocking the door and letting her out?

On behalf of those of us who just ruined a keyboard........

+1

ETA: and I just happened to be eating mint choc icecream at the time!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[Just curious: Is it hard work being this sanctimonious and self-serving all the time, or does it just come naturally to you?

I am not being sanctimonious at all. Its a very simple observation. How many guys are always on here posting that they never need an LEO? And now how many are saying "call the cops"? How is THAT observation sanctimonious?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, since you'd arrest us if we did anything else, I don't see that you have much room to complain.

Thats a stretch now, don't ya think? Being arrested depends on what happened to cause yourself to be arrested. If people just got along all the time, no one would be getting themselves arrested.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[Just curious: Is it hard work being this sanctimonious and self-serving all the time, or does it just come naturally to you?

I am not being sanctimonious at all. Its a very simple observation. How many guys are always on here posting that they never need an LEO? And now how many are saying "call the cops"? How is THAT observation sanctimonious?

Its not for protection from the girl.....its for protection from you guys, and my neighbors.  If it was a male on my door it would have been over alot quicker.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Its not for protection from the girl.....its for protection from you guys, and my neighbors.  If it was a male on my door it would have been over alot quicker.

Not to downplay your personal situation, but you should never dismiss a potential threat simply because the other party is a female. Nor does a guy standing outside the door somehow automatically give you additional leeway to deal with the problem on your own. You MIGHT be able to verbalize later that you somehow felt more threatened by a large guy to justify whatever action you might take against them, but on the face of it, a guy outside the door should legally be handled no differently than a woman.

The only officer to ever be killed locally was killed by a woman. Don't EVER underestimate an opponent simply because they are "just a woman".
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to downplay your personal situation, but you should never dismiss a potential threat simply because the other party is a female. Nor does a guy standing outside the door somehow automatically give you additional leeway to deal with the problem on your own. You MIGHT be able to verbalize later that you somehow felt more threatened by a large guy to justify whatever action you might take against them, but on the face of it, a guy outside the door should legally be handled no differently than a woman.

The only officer to ever be killed locally was killed by a woman. Don't EVER underestimate an opponent simply because they are "just a woman".

Much better post than your original....thanks for finally making it.   I dismissed her because unlike a man I think she had no chance of taking the door down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes

Was she big too?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Much better post than your original....thanks for finally making it.   I dismissed her because unlike a man I think she had no chance of taking the door down.

The original point I was making is equally as valid, I was simply responding to additional content in another post.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The original point I was making is equally as valid, I was simply responding to additional content in another post.

No it was not valid at all.  It was basically an attack, and a "I told you so"
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
[Uh huh. Are they the same guys in this case? Do you even care?

I didn't say it was the same guys. It doesn't NEED to be the same guys, but on average, we get a LOT of guys who post that they'd never need to call LE. Just as we have a lot of guys now saying thats what he should do.

If that doesn't read as sanctimonious and self-serving to you, your meter's broken.

Guess we'll disagree. Now back to the mans problem and no need to beat my observation to death any further. I'll guess  that I stepped on some egos in making my comment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#32]
whatever you do, dont give in to the temptation of beating her ass...I know, it's instinct but you can't...I think I am telling myself this more than I am telling you

true story, psycho chick(non romanticly involved BTW)  thinks she has something to prove by getting in my face over a disagreement. I kindly remind her she needs to calm down, and get the fuck out of my face, and that she is not only a female but also a soldier and therefore will be treated as such. Now, given this female is larger than average (about 5'8 or 5'9) so it's not like she's a cupcake with sour frosting. This chick has the balls to try to slap me like I need to bow down to her, and again I warn her that if she wants to swing like a man, she will get swung on like a man...and she tries it again. One man sized fist to the jaw later, she's on the ground crying like a baby wondering where the fuck that came from...and guess who's the bad guy? Yep you got it...

I know what you guys are thinkin, what a lame ass for sockin it to her...yea, I would feel the same way too unless I had been thru it...

but the moral is, don't do it cuz it aint worth it no matter how justified it may be....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#33]
"This aggression will not stand, man."
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
So now that you've been enlightened by all these professional opinions, what are you going to do when psycho bitch comes back banging on your door again?

Repeat offense is alot different than an isolated incident.   If she even shows up here I am definetly calling the police because at that point it will be pretty obvious that this isn't gonna stop and will come to a head at some point.

I am happy at this point that the police are not involved. We will see if that continues.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
whatever you do, dont give in to the temptation of beating her ass..

Not even a thought.  If she comes back the police will be called to deal with it.  Confrontations with girls will never go the males way especcially if she has a bruise she got the previous day or scuffed her knee while kicking my door. Basically if there are any marks they will take me to jail instead of her.  

The cops validation for this? Taking the male to jail solves the problem for one night and then just let the judge figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

...This chick has the balls...

Ovaries.

...to try to slap me like I need to bow down to her, and again I warn her that if she wants to swing like a man, she will get swung on like a man...and she tries it again. One man sized fist to the jaw later, she's on the ground crying like a baby wondering where the fuck that came from...and guess who's the bad guy?...

You overreacted.  A slap calls for a slap or maybe a spanking, but definitely not a punch or anything else that will leave visible bruises.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Guess we'll disagree. Now back to the mans problem and no need to beat my observation to death any further. I'll guess  that I stepped on some egos in making my comment.

It's not egos.  It's blanket statements denouncing a whole group of people.  The earlier post smacked of disrespect.  If you want to start a post and call the whole board a bunch of "tough guys," etc., that's your business, but it's not necessary to just lead off with something like that, especially in someone else's post where he is asking for legitimate advice.  This is an example where we could take someone else's experience, learn from it, and your advice would be well appreciated.  Nobody was saying anything bad about police, yet you came off with what you did.

I've never had to call the police for anything before.  That doesn't mean I won't.  I tend to live my life in a manner that would not necessitate police activity.  That's my lifestyle.  I reserve the right to contact the police at any time.  This sort of situation is the sort where I believe police activity is beneficial.  There are others where it is not.  Just like anything else.  There are other Peace Officers from this board who posted good advice earlier and nobody gave them a tough time over it.

Your later post was informed and much appreciated.

But to blatantly assume that everyone that posts here is a cop basher is precisely the sort of attitude that prompted me to post this other thread:

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=430314

Why do you feel it necessary to propagate this "us vs. them" mentality in many of your posts?  There are a number of people I am referencing in that, both LEO and non-LEO who seem to have a need to turn every one of these threads into some finger-pointy poofest.

Back to the topic at hand, FredM, if it were me, I'd have called the police to remove her from my property.  She is in the process of trespassing, creating a disturbance, and doing a number of other things that are illegal where I live.  The police would be the appropriate response to de-escalate the situation.

Technically, there are statues here which provide a "defense to prosecution" for various things you can do to defend your property; however, it is 100% a bad idea and life-altering move to do so, unless you are presented with no alternative.  Me, I'd get tired of the noise pretty quickly.  It disturbs both the dog and me.  And I think in this situation, merely turning the porch light off won't help.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...This chick has the balls...

Ovaries.

...to try to slap me like I need to bow down to her, and again I warn her that if she wants to swing like a man, she will get swung on like a man...and she tries it again. One man sized fist to the jaw later, she's on the ground crying like a baby wondering where the fuck that came from...and guess who's the bad guy?...

You overreacted.  A slap calls for a slap or maybe a spanking, but definitely not a punch or anything else that will leave visible bruises.

why do they have to bruise so easily?!?!?!

j/k ladies

yea, I know in hindsight it is all so much clearer...I guess maybe cuz I was in iraq at the time I thought the law of the land might apply
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll guess  that I stepped on some egos in making my comment.

There you go again. It doesn't take having my ego in play to see the enormity of yours here. You seem so insecure about being a cop that you seek out ways to put down those who are not.

I'm just glad I live where I do, and not where you do.

I'll bet he is too.  Put a little ice on your ego and take some aspirin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now THATwas really dumb thinking. What if she had come back with something that can get through your door?  Well maybe not quite dumb but definitely underinformed.

Something I learned indirectly from an old and wise LEO.  

"You can't rationalize with an irrational person."

It might seem like you are getting through and maybe you are, but it takes one little hint of something to set them off higher and further.  This really applys to psychos (although you seem to have an idea of what set her off.) but includes druggies and drunks, or anybody under the influence, and to varying degrees.  I worked at the church soup kitchen and clothes closet.  Share a building with a pre-school.  They're gone when our clientele are there.  but one of their teachers came back and needed something out of one of the rooms, it was locked and I opened it up with a straightened paper clip.  One of the other workers asked how I did it and I commented "I learned it in the Navy." and one of the street people exploded, something about the .gov unlocking her doors and putting poison in her room.

If she's really a psycho and not just major pissed, you are out of your league.  The patrol LEO probably are too, but at least they can start getting help for the situation.  In Texas, maybe she follows that old tradition and has a gun in the truck?  or maybe decides to drive through your door?  I've had to deal with psychos at work.  By default, I was the big guy with some quasi-LEO experience, and I seemed to be able to calm things down.  I hated it, especially the guy with the resume on red, white and blue pieces of paper who proudly announced he'ld stopped taking his meds..  But I always remembered the maxim and let them do most of the talking and let them calm themselves down while hoping Security would get there quickly.  My Dad was a supervising LEO in my hometown, and we had some definite nutcases that lived down the street.  My Dad had known them for 20 and 30 years.  One was a harmless recluse, the other had been brain injured and talked to trees, plants and bushes.  Usually a very friendly guy, but his appearance was frightening, big, long hair, beard, unkempt.  and there was always that concern that he might go off when somebody or some kid was apparently hurting one of his tree friends.   so most of the LEOs knew him to be harmless, still??, but with the neighbors it was my Dada they came to about him.  Usually, "His name is Smitty.  Be friendly to him and he's fine."  He started lighting fires in his house and thats when he got permanently committed.  But my Dad never ever did more than talk to him as an old friend and would walk him home.  Never tried to do more than steer him that way.  

You don't really know what might set them off.  Don't take the chance and find out the hard way.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now THATwas really dumb thinking. What if she had come back with something that can get through your door?  Well maybe not quite dumb but definitely underinformed.

Something I learned indirectly from an old and wise LEO.  

"You can't rationalize with an irrational person."

It might seem like you are getting through and maybe you are, but it takes one little hint of something to set them off higher and further.  This really applys to psychos (although you seem to have an idea of what set her off.) but includes druggies and drunks, or anybody under the influence, and to varying degrees.  I worked at the church soup kitchen and clothes closet.  Share a building with a pre-school.  They're gone when our clientele are there.  but one of their teachers came back and needed something out of one of the rooms, it was locked and I opened it up with a straightened paper clip.  One of the other workers asked how I did it and I commented "I learned it in the Navy." and one of the street people exploded, something about the .gov unlocking her doors and putting poison in her room.

If she's really a psycho and not just major pissed, you are out of your league.  The patrol LEO probably are too, but at least they can start getting help for the situation.  In Texas, maybe she follows that old tradition and has a gun in the truck?  or maybe decides to drive through your door?  I've had to deal with psychos at work.  By default, I was the big guy with some quasi-LEO experience, and I seemed to be able to calm things down.  I hated it, especially the guy with the resume on red, white and blue pieces of paper who proudly announced he'ld stopped taking his meds..  But I always remembered the maxim and let them do most of the talking and let them calm themselves down while hoping Security would get there quickly.  My Dad was a supervising LEO in my hometown, and we had some definite nutcases that lived down the street.  My Dad had known them for 20 and 30 years.  One was a harmless recluse, the other had been brain injured and talked to trees, plants and bushes.  Usually a very friendly guy, but his appearance was frightening, big, long hair, beard, unkempt.  and there was always that concern that he might go off when somebody or some kid was apparently hurting one of his tree friends.   so most of the LEOs knew him to be harmless, still??, but with the neighbors it was my Dada they came to about him.  Usually, "His name is Smitty.  Be friendly to him and he's fine."  He started lighting fires in his house and thats when he got permanently committed.  But my Dad never ever did more than talk to him as an old friend and would walk him home.  Never tried to do more than steer him that way.  

You don't really know what might set them off.  Don't take the chance and find out the hard way.

Your points have no relation to this situation.

thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:40:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Well FredM while you were on the internet and watching fried green tomatoes and eating Hajin Das ice cream.  Physco could have been doing real damage to your or your neighbors property.
As you said in a earlier post you did her sister. Ok you f...ked up. admit it. Before I met the wife I had a physco she would get a little tipsey and while I was driving proceed to beat the crap out of me.  No slapping I mean punching scratching biting crazy. The first time I thought ok she's drunk and I was pissed I let it go. The second time it was worse, we just happened to be three blocks from the station that I worked out of and I had heard a buddy call off when we got in the car. When She started I drove straight to the station pulled up to the sally port honking the horn, my buddy ran out observed her kneeling in the seat punching me .  As she was pulled from the car by the nape of the neck and she tried going postal on my buddy he told me to leave, not being a shit for brains I left. She went to jail for assualt on a police officer and assualt on a "unknown subject who left the scene" She was sentanced to Drug and aolchol rehab. and physchological testing. Turns she had been abused by her father from a young age and she was striking back. Dad was later charged for abuse of both of his daughters from the age of three untill the left the home, both at age 18.
Calling the police my seem like wimping out, which you have already done by waiting 40 minutes. Is not always the bad thing, some people need the help that direct intervention can bring.
Her charges were later expunged from her record due to the physocolocical findings. Did I care or my buddy, no she got the help she needed.
I saw her at a local mall a few years later with her daughter of her present husband. Al she could do was thank me for helping her. At the time of the occurance I was between 6'3" an 6'4"260 and could bench 500+. Was I a wimp, no I was smart, to you sir you have not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:40:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Easy there, hoss. Just like tc556guy you're assuming an awful lot here. I've never said that I don't ever need the police, so it's not my ego in play. He's regularly pissy with anyone who questions his statist approach to law enforcement and life in general.

Now THAT is not true at all. Exactly what am I assuming? And I am hardly being  "pissy" when I try to inject a note of reality into some of the wild internet posts that are routinely made here by some folks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:43:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
No it was not valid at all.  It was basically an attack, and a "I told you so"

If you want to see ita s such, thats you. The entire thing shows that there is a distinct difference between what people SAY they will do and what they in reality WILL do. Which is good, in a way.  It is much better to involve LE as an unbiased third party in such things to allow cooler heads to try to reach some resolution to whatever is going on.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top