Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:44:45 PM EDT
I'm watching a show on the Discovery Channel on the JFK assassination. I was wondering how many shootings shooters you guys think there were.

FWIW this show is the one that convinced me bullet yawing was a consistent and not a random factor.

Edited to correct wrong word.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking of a number between 86 and 88....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
There were 87 shooters!

Research has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
One.  In before the barrage.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
ONE
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Any gov agency is to imcompetant to keep any kind of cover up.

It was that guy in the book supository sir!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am thinking of a number between 86 and 88....

+1.....but don't count that as a shooter
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Although I haven't been to the schoolbook depository, my father has.  

He said it wasn't that difficult of a shot at all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I think there were two shooters and here's why.  The brain material and skull portion landed on the back of the car from a huge hole in the back of the head. There was a smaller hole in front IIRC.  That would make the "grassy knoll" shooter completely believeable.

IMHO
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I went there a couple of weeks ago, I'll go for one
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I think there was two, but since the fist (whoever he was) was succesful the other just di-di'd over the grassy knoll

ETA: I forgot about the fact part of his head went flying toward the BACK of the car, so there had to have been 2

I know they have proven that one bullet could hit Kennedy and the Governor and have explained that but there is NO explanation for the above
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Jack Ruby was guarding the grassy knoll.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think there were two shooters and here's why.  The brain material and skull portion landed on the back of the car from a huge hole in the back of the head. There was a smaller hole in front IIRC.  That would make the "grassy knoll" shooter completely believeable.

IMHO

What type of firearm did the grassy knoll shooter use?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I've been there many times...I could have poped him so I'll say one.

As a side note, I grew up with June and Marina Oswald (the kids)...June was my first kiss.
We didn't talk about Lee Harvey much, I was too busy trying to get some.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]
More than one.  Every deer I shot had it's guts (brains) blow out in the direction of bullet travel, not the opposite, with a small entry hole and a large exit hole in the corresponding bullet direction.

The magic bullet.................................how many times did they say that bullet changed direction?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone with half a brain who has shot any kind of reactive target can tell you that rounds were impacting from several directions.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO

Couldn't say, chief.  That's why there is a IMHO at the end of my post. I wasn't privy to the full report and you probably weren't either.  That's why we are all stating opinions on this topic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The magic bullet.................................how many times did they say that bullet changed direction?

Not once.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Wow!  He should hit Camp Perry!  Even the Fed snipers could not duplicate the shots made by the killers from the alleged position.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anyone with half a brain who has shot any kind of reactive target can tell you that rounds were impacting from several directions.

The guy with half a brain has no comment on the subject. He left the throne to Lyndon Johnson.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm watching a show on the Discovery Channel on the JFK assassination. I was wondering how many shootings you guys think there were.

FWIW this show is the one that convinced me bullet yawing was a consistent and not a random factor.

Did you mispell shootings, and meant shooters?  I ask not to be a smartass but there were two murders that day.

As a native Dallasite, as far as 22 Nov 1963 is concerned, thats the day Dallas Police Officer JD Tippit was murdered.  Yeah sure JFK was killed day, but thats what we know 23 November 1963 as the day Officer Tippit was killed.

He was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald as well.

J.D. Tippit

If you meant how many shooters there were at Dealy Plaza, well, I still believe 1, Lee Harvey Oswald.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!  He should hit Camp Perry!  Even the Fed snipers could not duplicate the shots made by the killers from the alleged position.

Penn Jillete of Penn and Teller fame can, and he doesnt even compete.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO

Couldn't say, chief.  That's why there is a IMHO at the end of my post. I wasn't privy to the full report and you probably weren't either.  That's why we are all stating opinions on this topic.

Easy...I'm not saying absolutely there was one shooter but the reports from the grassy knoll indicated a witness seeing someone with a handgun and I was wondering what type of firearm you thought it was.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#27]
My Stat prof's dad was the lead FBI investigator on the JFK case.  I bet she knows.  I’ll have to figure out when she has office hours this semester.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#28]
more than one
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There were 87 shooters!

Research has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt!!!

Beat me to it!

Oh yes-

IBTL!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Was Oswald involved? yes. Did he shoot the president? Possibly. Did he take the killing shot to the head? No way atleast not from the book depositry building. Simple physics prooves that it wasnt from that direction. No way do you get shot in the back of the head and your head jerk back that direction with brain matter doing the same.  Why this is never aurgued i will never understand.  Doesnt matter how deep a consperiacy goes you cant beat physics.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#31]
None. It was all a lie. JFK is hanging out with Elvis and Jim Morrison on a beach in Aruba.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
None. It was all a lie. JFK is hanging out with Elvis and Jim Morrison on a beach in Aruba.

You forgot Jimmy Hoffa.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forgot Jimmy Hoffa.

... and Tupac and BIG
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Clearly one shot.

Higher res download:
http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/film/Zapruderstable.mov
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I watched a little of it... then jumped on here and read some more about it.

All I can say is there was a lot of seriously devious shit going on with that assassination.

- sealing of assassination records by LBJ until 2039? WTF is that? Sounds to me like, I'll be long since dead before they can read anything that'll connect me to this.
- lost his brain?
- Oswald said he didn't do it... and then was killed 2 days after his arrest.

I haven't a doubt in my mind this is one of those conspiracies that is totally real.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Um, no.  JFK (seen on the right) lives with Elvis (seen on the left) in a nursing home. Everybody knows that....

Bubba Ho-tep

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Clearly one shot.
www.jfkmurdersolved.com/images/zaplow.gif

Higher res download:
http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/film/Zapruderstable.mov

1 hit you mean.

It is a simple Equation

J + F + K
10 + 6 +11 = 27 / 3 letters = 9 shooters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forgot Jimmy Hoffa.

... and Tupac and BIG

and Natalie Halloway

The voices in my head told me to post it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#40]
I never realized it until now-but Jackie was very close to getting a dose of 6.5mm lead poisoning herself!!

That head shot was definitely from the rear.  Go to Dealey plaza sometime.  You will see that the shot was not that difficult at all.

"The best snipers in the US couldn't re-create that shot. . . ."  Quit listening to all that Oliver Stone urban legend crap.

But there is a reason Oswald went to that theatre-and he was so desperate to get there that he killed a cop in broad daylight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#41]
One.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:59:53 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They set up a test at Aberdeen Proving Ground, which duplicated the event in every detail including trees, etc., back in the `60's during the investigation. Not one shooter had any difficulty making the shot. Even beginning shooters they tested could do it repeatedly.  Keep in mind, Oswald had a rest (the window frame).  

The answer is one.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:13:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Finally....a sensible answer.  Not only was Oswald not the "ONLY" shooter, he wasn't even "A" shooter!  There are hundreds of questions around the entire event that the government can't even explain away.  Not only do the pieces of the governments case not fit....half of the are simply proposterous!  I've spent a lot of time reading books covering both sides of this case (conspiracy vs Oswald) and once a person does so, it becomes evident that the Oswald angle isn't plausible.

PS - shove the "tin hat" comments too.    
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Chuck Norris deflected the bullets with beard, JFK's head exploded in sheer amazement.

But LHO was the only one shooting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Finally....a sensible answer.  Not only was Oswald not the "ONLY" shooter, he wasn't even "A" shooter!  There are hundreds of questions around the entire event that the government can't even explain away.  Not only do the pieces of the governments case not fit....half of the are simply proposterous!  I've spent a lot of time reading books covering both sides of this case (conspiracy vs Oswald) and once a person does so, it becomes evident that the Oswald angle isn't plausible.

PS - shove the "tin hat" comments too.    

How many books have been published that were written to support the one shooter theory? Every single work on the subject I've seen supports multiple shooters from several locations.  Why write a book to say what's already been said?  What books have you read that support the govt contention that Oswald was the shooter?

And of these "hundreds" of questions that the govt can't explain, can you come up with, say, 10 of them? How about a couple of these "preposterous" pieces of the govt's case?  

There was a REALLY good documentary on this subject recently on one of the "History/Learning/Discovery" type channels that completely destroyed the conspiracy theories one by one. You must not have seen it because it left little to doubt.

One shooter, and his name was Lee Harvey Oswald.

ETA: Watch the clip posted above. Which direction does the majority of the pink matter fly after the bullet hits? Also note that it was not a center drill type of hit - the bullet hit the right rear of his head and  blew out the right front, causing his head to go more to the left than to the rear.  

One shot, one shooter.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:42:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:48:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They set up a test at Aberdeen Proving Ground, which duplicated the event in every detail including trees, etc., back in the `60's during the investigation. Not one shooter had any difficulty making the shot. Even beginning shooters they tested could do it repeatedly.  Keep in mind, Oswald had a rest (the window frame).  

The answer is one.  

i saw that same film footage, wtf was demigod watching??? i've also seen the shots duplicated recently on some "mythbusters"-type show...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#48]
3shots.
One shooter.
6.5 is a magic round. Don't you know this?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:27:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
More than one.  Every deer I shot had it's guts (brains) blow out in the direction of bullet travel, not the opposite, with a small entry hole and a large exit hole in the corresponding bullet direction.

mongo001,

With all due respect, there have been documentaries of skulls filled with brain-like material being shot and the 'brains' can actually come back out towards the shooter.  The human skull/brain is different than a deer given the large brain relative to the skull.  They even had someone explaining the fluid dynamics of it.  Not saying how many shooters there were, but just pointing out that direction of 'brain' matter travel doesn't 'prove' it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been there many times...I could have poped him so I'll say one.

As a side note, I grew up with June and Marina Oswald (the kids)...June was my first kiss.
We didn't talk about Lee Harvey much, I was too busy trying to get some.

I thought 'Marina' was the mothers name? Was she named after her mom?
BTW I also thought the Mom was kinda hot! From what I remember. Hopefully the daughter got her looks from mom 'cause dad was ferrett faced son of a bitch!!....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top