Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Having the cop as a witness that he almost had to shoot it would help in a legal situation. I say drop it next time it threatens you or start feeding it and make it your pet. Nothing would piss off your stupid neighbor more than stealing his dog!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
. Personally i use an ar15 .

You have no idea how tempted I am.  But, it will liekly be the 9mm w/HPs
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't you think it would be easier to feed it some rat poison or something? Less costly for sure, what with the legal ramifications. Next time the neigbors are gone just drop some hamburger and a little poison near it, give that dog a sweet dose of murder.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't you think it would be easier to feed it some rat poison or something? Less costly for sure, what with the legal ramifications. Next time the neigbors are gone just drop some hamburger and a little poison near it, give that dog a sweet dose of murder.

I have considered this, but there are two other dogs and I refuse to hurt them becaus they don't act this way.  Plus, the legal ramifications would probably be much different if they find out their dog has been poisoned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:34:11 AM EDT
[#5]
You think to yourself "Oh snap.."?

You've been watching the movie Legally Blonde way too much.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You are a much more patient man than I am my friend. Shooting a dog is no small thing to me, but there is no contest when it comes between choosing to shoot a dog, or put my family's life in danger. The last time I had an incident with dogs threatening my family, the dogs ran away after a warning shot across the bow to the lead male.

Warning shot, you mean you missed
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]
just remember, yell stop or heel a few times before you shoot, and make sure it's  pistol, anything else may look like hunting.

Also, make sure you get rid of the steaks you leave in your yard as well  (j/k)

good luck

TXL
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you gotta shoot it, make sure you have the right caliber/bullet to do the job quickly.

Got a .45 auto?

I'm thinking .223, but inevitably it would likely be my CCW 9x18.

Multiple head shots then.

With 9 x 18 hollow points. Nasty round.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Anti-freeze -- A Poisoning Waiting to Happen
PET HEALTH ALERT: TIPS TO PREVENT ANTIFREEZE POISONING

According to Jill A. Richardson, DVM, of the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC), most cases of antifreeze poisoning in dogs and cats occur around the pet's own home. "That's why we need to educate vehicle owners on the proper use, storage and disposal of antifreeze," says Richardson, who recommends taking the following precautions to keep pets happy and healthy--and safe from accidental exposure:

Clean up antifreeze spills immediately.

Check your car regularly for leaks.

Store antifreeze in clearly marked containers out of your pet's reach.

Never allow your pet to have access to the area when you are draining antifreeze from your car.

Consider switching to products containing propylene glycol, such as Prestone Low Tox, which are less toxic than conventional ethylene glycol antifreeze.

If you suspect that your pet has ingested antifreeze, contact your veterinarian immediately.

In addition to offering information online, http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc the APCC also runs an emergency hotline--1-888-4-ANI-HELP--that provides round-the-clock telephone assistance.

They love the stuff and it kills them.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#10]
If you need to shoot the dog to keep your family safe, do it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shooting the dog is like getting mad at the people at the drive-thru at Burger King:  it's pointless because they are too stupid to know any better.

Dogs like to run away and bark at people.  That's what they like to do-they are naturally born that way.  Drawing down at the pwners is a much more effective solution, IMO.  They are the ones who are supposed to know better.  

Blaming the dog for being in your yard is like blaming guns, for causing crime, don't you think?

as much as i agree, this animal has shown aggresive behavior and the owners have no desire to handle it.

Can't say as I would argue with you on this one, Mike.  But, I still think it's ultimately the owner's responsibility and they should pay the price.  Dogs need training and attention.  I'm kind of appalled at all the people who posted it's the dogs fault, just shoot it.  Aggressive dogs are simply a greater risk and need that much more care taken by owners.  These are the same type of owners whose kids are running around causing trouble, too...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shooting the dog is like getting mad at the people at the drive-thru at Burger King:  it's pointless because they are too stupid to know any better.

Dogs like to run away and bark at people.  That's what they like to do-they are naturally born that way.  Drawing down at the pwners is a much more effective solution, IMO.  They are the ones who are supposed to know better.  

Blaming the dog for being in your yard is like blaming guns, for causing crime, don't you think?

as much as i agree, this animal has shown aggresive behavior and the owners have no desire to handle it.

Can't say as I would argue with you on this one, Mike.  But, I still think it's ultimately the owner's responsibility and they should pay the price.  Dogs need training and attention.  I'm kind of appalled at all the people who posted it's the dogs fault, just shoot it.  Aggressive dogs are simply a greater risk and need that much more care taken by owners.  These are the same type of owners whose kids are running around causing trouble, too...

I hear and understand your argument, and am inclined to agree.  However, this "babysitting the idiot neighbors and their dog which isn't being taken care of" s@#$ has got to END.  There comes a point where relentlessly having to deal with a public nuisance and the lack of sanity and sleep must be balanced out.

I'm not going to worry about my wife being attacked while I'm not around anymore because these fools are not responsible.  I know you would do the same thing.  (actually, I have taken the iniative and contacted animal control about it this morning).
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

...............The cop comes over and tells me, "That dog just almost got shot".  I asked him "if that dog comes at me and I shoot it, is that going to be ok?"  He responded- "absolutely, you've just got to do what you've got to do - just be sure of what's behind your target" . .......................................

This could be interpreted to mean, "make sure you can line up the idiot behind the dog and go for a two fer."

Seriously, wouldn't some Fox OC learn the bugger some manners?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Get off the computer and go shoot it right now.  Or even better, burn the neighbors' house down.  It's the only way to be sure it wont happen again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hear and understand your argument, and am inclined to agree.  However, this "babysitting the idiot neighbors and their dog which isn't being taken care of" s@#$ has got to END.  

I'm not going to worry about my wife being attacked while I'm not around anymore because these fools are not responsible.  I know you would do the same thing.  (actually, I have taken the iniative and contacted animal control about it this morning).

You should contact the cops about the idiot neighbors, too.  God knows if my dog even barks too loud we risk getting visited by JBTs.  There's got ot be an ordinance in your neighborhood about dogs running free.  Sorry to hear about your problems.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hear and understand your argument, and am inclined to agree.  However, this "babysitting the idiot neighbors and their dog which isn't being taken care of" s@#$ has got to END.  

You should contact the cops about the idiot neighbors, too.  God knows if my dog even barks too loud we risk getting visited by JBTs.  There's got ot be an ordinance in your neighborhood about dogs running free.  Sorry to hear about your problems.

They have been out here a few times on domestic violence calls.  The idiots are no strangers to the local PD.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ignore this insanely stupid advice.  You're legally permitted to kill a dog that's threatening to bite you, but you're going to have a hard time explaining how much fear you were feeling as you were feeding it a Scooby Snack.

You've done the right thing by calling the cops repeatedly and establishing a history on the vicious mutt.I did the same thing with a pair of aggressive pit bulls.  After a few close encounters, calls to the police who refused to come out (they said animal control had to handle it), and calls to animal control who didn't want to do anything either, the dogs finally chased down the mailman who filled out formal USPS complaints and refused to deliver any mail to them for 3 months.  Had I blasted these dogs the first time they charged me I would've probably ended up in front of a judge doin' lots o' 'splainin' about my actions.  Now, of course, it's basically Open Season and I have a Shoot Dogs for Free Card.

So now that you've done all the preliminaries, the next time this dog comes into your yard, go ahead and blast the mutt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Tagged.

I shot a neighbor's dog once.  It was a full size male German Shepherd.  It kept digging up my vegetable garden.  Dumb biatch owner said "I can't control him."

I shot it in the ass with a low-power BB from my trusty Crossman 760.  There was no permanent damage.  Dog ran off yelping and never came back.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#21]

700 Nitro Express, they only real way to be sure you'll put it down the first time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:43:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignore this insanely stupid advice.  You're legally permitted to kill a dog that's threatening to bite you, but you're going to have a hard time explaining how much fear you were feeling as you were feeding it a Scooby Snack.

You've done the right thing by calling the cops repeatedly and establishing a history on the vicious mutt.I did the same thing with a pair of aggressive pit bulls.  After a few close encounters, calls to the police who refused to come out (they said animal control had to handle it), and calls to animal control who didn't want to do anything either, the dogs finally chased down the mailman who filled out formal USPS complaints and refused to deliver any mail to them for 3 months.  Had I blasted these dogs the first time they charged me I would've probably ended up in front of a judge doin' lots o' 'splainin' about my actions.  Now, of course, it's basically Open Season and I have a Shoot Dogs for Free Card.

So now that you've done all the preliminaries, the next time this dog comes into your yard, go ahead and blast the mutt.

That's what will probably happen.  I just wish that I didn't live on such a busy road.  Unless I bag him in the back yard (unlikely), it might be a big scene.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Look, you got Cart Blanche from the Officer who came by. You have an agressive dog in your yard that is a threat to your family. Don't worry about causing a scene with the neighbors! First off, most people won't approach you when you are armed. Second, you should probably talk to your neighbors and explain what's going to go down-you might find them willing to chip in for ammo.

Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about legal action from the owners. First off, it sounds as though they are already conversant with the Justice System and probably don't want anything to do with it. Second, anything more than small claims court will cost them money. Doesn't sound like they have any. Even if they did, the officer could be subpoena'd and it would be Game Over for them.

Dave

ETA: The dog is an aggressive asshole. It's a crying shame he was raised that way, but he is what he is. I wouldn't feel any worse about capping his ass than if the thrashy neighbors raised a thug kid and he was in your yard threatening your family with bodily harm.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I like that "Release the hounds" pic very much!  Finally, the voice of reason.  Please don't shoot the dog.  Try being friends 1st.  Better to have it as an ally.  What will it cost you?  A couple of bucks for bones.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Hello,

Shoot the fucking dog.  Legal ramifications from it will be none, an officer of the law drew down on the dog on a previous occasion.  
I've had to do this in the past ,twice, with my own canines, one time in the presence of a animal control officer who was threatened by my own dog.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#26]
My neighbors have 3 shar pei's that they let run loose in the neighborhood, and they actually have blocked my wife from coming into our home before, barking and growling.  I came out and yelled, and the owners musta seen the shotgun, because they ain't been back since.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top