Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:44:36 PM EDT
For years you hear about stories of U.S. citizens on the down and out, on Government aid, screwing over the system, filing Chapter 11 or 7 so they don't have to pay their bills, etc... We do live in the greatest nation in the world, even though there are many set backs that we see as confining in our day to day activities. I came across this article which tells a story of a young Cambodian that came to America to leave his birth country from the worst oppression at that time on the face of the Earth. Read it, and think to yourself how bad your life is and what you are going to do about it.

www.armytimes.com/print.php?f=1-292925-1445747.php
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:48:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 4:48:30 PM EDT by jquillen1985]
Hell yeah living in the US is better than anywhere else. Although plenty of people still compain about it, even fellow ARFCommers now and then. Put in the same situation as the MSG, most Americans would die in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:51:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jquillen1985:
Hell yeah living in the US is better than anywhere else. Although plenty of people still compain about it, even fellow ARFCommers now and then. Put in the same situation as the MSG, most Americans would die in a couple of days.

I'll 2nd that, though I do gripe from time to time I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I've been to enough 3rd world countries to see what true poverty is, and it doesn't involve owning a VCR or having cable tv.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:56:48 PM EDT
wow.
Top Top