Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 10:13:18 AM EDT
Vote!

(BTW, anyone who posts any variation of "none of the above" gets lumped into the unlisted fifth category, "Dumbass")
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
no ibtp!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#2]
IBTP,-missed by 30sec.
<-----obsessive geek
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Not smart enough to be geek, but I have more social grace than a doofus.

Idiot savant best describes me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Dork
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I hate people who proudly call themselves any of those categories. I ESPECIALLY hate people who think geeks are "nerds with redeeming social value." No. If you lovingly title yourself any of the above, you have self-esteem problems. Shut up, move out of your mom's basement, go to Lord & Taylor and get a new wardrobe (one that doesn't consist of sweatpants and corporate-logo T-shirts), get laid, and spend some time off the computer.

(the above is not directed at any person in particular)
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I was torn, am I a nerd...  or am I, as my dad usually says, a doofus.  

or  decisions decisions!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hate people who proudly call themselves any of those categories. I ESPECIALLY hate people who think geeks are "nerds with redeeming social value." No. If you lovingly title yourself any of the above, you have self-esteem problems. Shut up, move out of your mom's basement, go to Lord & Taylor and get a new wardrobe (one that doesn't consist of sweatpants and corporate-logo T-shirts), get laid, and spend some time off the computer.

Self identified as "sand in mangina" category.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer...
UBER GOOBER

roy d...but that, of course, is not a choice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Nerd
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

1.  I am an Engineering Student and proud of it.  I haven't had a date in 2 years...(would you date a math/physics major? hell no you wouldn't!)  

2.  I live in my own condo.

3.  I have a nice wardrobe, including some engineering company POLOs.

4.  I have one pair of sweatpants, and no pajamas.

5.  I am a workaholic.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What an asshole.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I believe in psychiatry circles, the Freudians call this projection

roy d....or was it Jung?....whatever.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

wait...so people who have no qualms about admitting what they are, and are proud of it...have self-esteem problems?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wait...so people who have no qualms about admitting what they are, and are proud of it...have self-esteem problems?

yes...acting like someone you are not is the only healthy way to live.

Everybody, quick, at like james bond or there's something wrong with you!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

yes...acting like someone you are not is the only healthy way to live.

Everybody, quick, at like james bond or there's something wrong with you!

Everyonce in a while I do find myself humming the Bond theme.  Especially when I do things that should probably have hurt me but didn't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]
bump
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Im a nerd, word, I drink Thunderbird.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#18]

I am unable to choose any of the alternatives without clear defintions of precisely what each one means.

Which one does that make me?  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I consider Nerds to be smart, sooooo I must be a Geek.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Collect them all, kids!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Nerd.  No RPGing, card/comic book collecting, sci-fi-cons, etc.  And I am slowly becoming too damned dumb to call myself a nerd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Dude, you've sat in front of a computer screen and in a year and a half posted THREE THOUSAND TIMES!!!

Pick one, cuz you are one. At least this way you have your choice of what to be called.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Don't you have somplace to be right now?  Like giving someone wedgies or shoving people into lockers possibly?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you have somplace to be right now?  Like giving someone wedgies or shoving people into lockers possibly?

Quit crying about this guy already!  Bunch of sissies...

Edit: what do any of these tings mean?  what is the difference....
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#25]
JBT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am unable to choose any of the alternatives without clear defintions of precisely what each one means.

Which one does that make me?  

That's some Grade A-1 nerdism right there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top