Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2006 6:58:42 AM EDT
Last night, I had a dream that zombies arose, and were walking the earth. When I got myself a handgun, I couldn't pull the trigger.. as the trigger pull must have weighed an easy 100 + lbs. Try as I might, as hard as I pulled.. couldn't get it to go off.

I've had this same type of situation for the past couple years. Whenever I have a handgun in my hand, when I go to pull the trigger.. its to damn heavy for me to pull.

Some people say its because I have some unsolved issues in life that are effecting me on a sub-conscious level, and me pulling the trigger is trying to resolve it, but.. it isn't working.

Anybody have the same issue?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I have this one about a snake crawling through the hole in the middle of a giant doughnut. I'm not sure but it might be sexual.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Take the safety off.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Only last night. It wasn't zombies though.  It was a big dog coming at me and I was trying to shoot it.  I must have repressed law enforcement  tendencies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
latent manifestation of your homosexuality.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:08:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have this recurring dream (since I was a teenager) where I'm in a fight.  It's alwyas 2 guys, but 2 different guys every time.  I try to punch or kick and it's like I'm moving underwater I'm so slow.  When I  do hit one of them, it's as if I have huge foam gloves my punch lands so lightly.

When I try to run away, I can't run very fast, almost in slow motion.  The bad guys are always running faster than me.  Being a dream, they don't actually catch me even through we run for a long time, they are running faster than me, and they are very close.

A time or two there has been a variation - instead of physically trying to fight them, I have a gun (rifle, pistol, no consistency) but the action is somehow foreign to me and I can't get it off safety, get the chamber loaded, figure out how to cock the action, whatever.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have this recurring dream (since I was a teenager) where I'm in a fight.  It's alwyas 2 guys, but 2 different guys every time.  I try to punch or kick and it's like I'm moving underwater I'm so slow.  When I  do hit one of them, it's as if I have huge foam gloves my punch lands so lightly.

When I try to run away, I can't run very fast, almost in slow motion.  The bad guys are always running faster than me.  Being a dream, they don't actually catch me even through we run for a long time, they are running faster than me, and they are very close.

A time or two there has been a variation - instead of physically trying to fight them, I have a gun (rifle, pistol, no consistency) but the action is somehow foreign to me and I can't get it off safety, get the chamber loaded, figure out how to cock the action, whatever.

I have a similar one, I try to punch/kick with all my might, but.. it doesn't do any harm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Impotence.

At 21?

I hope not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#10]
There are many versions of this dream.  I have had one where I too couldn't pull the trigger.  I have had dreams where I was with my old army unit and I had my favorite long range rifle (.264 Win Mag).  I knew that there had been a pallet of ammo sent by command, but couldn't find it.  As the enemy got closer and closer, I scrambled through piles of ammo trying to find at least one round that will work.

Other similar dreams that people have are that they are in a fight.  They hit their assailant in the face with a punch or a bat, but there is no power behind the punch or hit.  

These dreams deal with your preparedness for future situations and  emergencies.  Your subconsious is telling you that you need to train more so that your reactions become instinctual.  

It can also relate to financial matters.  Do you have a retirement plan in place?  Is your job going well?  Do you need to consider a career path with more of a future?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Just a  TX guy.  Yours is about not having enough time to get the important things in your life finished.
And something about your past, catching up with you. You try to fight with it but it wont go away.

Voo Doo . I could tell yours, but the spell police are coming.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:19:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It can also relate to financial matters.  Do you have a retirement plan in place?  Is your job going well?  Do you need to consider a career path with more of a future?

At 21.. I have an IRA. Thats it.

Job is decent, pays very well, very little stress. However, I work 30 + hours a week, and attend school full time also.. could be a combo between the two.

I am looking into the Army as a career when I finish my 4 year degree.

It might have more to do with my social life than anything else.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one sometimes where the undead are chasing me but I fall into the water.  I come out of the water and they are afraid of me.  They run in terror of me.  I look at my hands and realize I have changed into a monster more terrible then they.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I knew a guy who had these kinds of dreams. He was locked up in a mental hospital after a couple of months. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I knew a guy who had these kinds of dreams. He was locked up in a mental hospital after a couple of months. Good luck.

Do I get padded walls?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Last night, I had a dream that zombies arose, and were walking the earth. When I got myself a handgun, I couldn't pull the trigger.. as the trigger pull must have weighed an easy 100 + lbs. Try as I might, as hard as I pulled.. couldn't get it to go off.

I've had this same type of situation for the past couple years. Whenever I have a handgun in my hand, when I go to pull the trigger.. its to damn heavy for me to pull.

Some people say its because I have some unsolved issues in life that are effecting me on a sub-conscious level, and me pulling the trigger is trying to resolve it, but.. it isn't working.

I think it's just because you have a GLOCK with a NY trigger. Bring it back to factory condition and you will sleep well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:45:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it's just because you have a GLOCK with a NY trigger. Bring it back to factory condition and you will sleep well.

Or maybe he didn't rack the slide.................
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#18]
You are not getting enough pootang.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Well the problem is your dream guns need a dream trigger job. I would get them off to a dream Gunsmith pronto! In the mean time stick with a fire axe for the Zombie hord.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I had this one dream where I was fighting some guy, and had a pretty hefty arsenal on my hands. However, nothing I had penetrated him, until I drew my katana (which is odd, because I don't have a katana in real life, but then I don't have a Mac-10, a tactical shotgun, or a 1911 either), which cut him, but only to a depth of about 1/4 inch, and there was no blood. I woke up right as he was coming at me.

I also have recurring dreams where I'm in a gigantic public restroom. Like, warehouse size, 200 toilets or more. It's more like a locker room, actually, with showers, benches, and lockers. It's always either tiled light blue up to mid-wall and painted medium blue from that point up, with steel stalls and lockers, or wood paneling, grey tiles, and cedar-looking stalls. Sometimes, the dream is me searching around for a toilet that isn't either in use or completely filled with... leavings... So, if the Freudian interpretation of money in dreams is feces, is the interpretation of feces money? Does this dream mean I'm going to be wealthy, but hate it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#21]
OK, with the warning that some dream interpretation sites are a little leftist, here's what I found:

from dreamcoach.com:

Dream symbol:
Gun: protection; destruction; ambition
What offers you protection?
Has a relationship recently destructed?
Are you following your ambition?

Dream emotion:
Weak: Unable to withstand temptation; easily persuaded.
Worthless: Lacking value; feeling unimportant.
Failure: Not living up to expectations ­ your own or others.

from dreammoods.com:
To see a gun in your dream , symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. Alternatively, a gun can represent the penis and male sexual drive. Thus the gun may mean power and impotence.

To dream that you are loading a gun, forewarns that you should be careful in not letting your temper get out of control.

To dream that you shoot someone with a gun, denotes your aggressive feelings and hidden anger toward that particular person.

To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun, suggests that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You may feel victimized in some situation.

To dream that you are weak, refers to your feelings of inadequacy. You need to be more firm and forceful.  Stand up for yourself.

I definitely think you need either to try to understand what your mind is trying to work through or to see this dream as something familiar and (therefore) less threatening.

but to answer your question, yep - I have recurring dreams...  some good, some not-so-good.  since I've become more focused on preparing for potential emergencies, my dreams have become more like actual life situations than technicolor-pony type dreams (I always face human bad guys now, and people I know are in the dreams.) so I either think through how I reacted or I ackowledge it as something telling me I shouldn't read about the end of the world too close to bedtime.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Man when ever i have a dream with guns in them - one or more of these things ALWAYS happen.

1) cant get the gun to work.

2) Cant find the right ammo for the gun

3) gun appears to work, but when I shoot something, nothing happens.

4) At times I have to resort to "bang! I got you - youre dead!" as if by logic my dream will die.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#23]
My gun dreams are usually the opposite, where I am in a frightening position (being shot at, whatever) but always know I will be OK, so I never get shot or die, and I pull off amazing feats. I had one a while ago where I was being fire upon by multiple automatic weapons, as I ran across an opening between several steel buildings and a chain-link fence. I crossed the clearing with bullets wizzing by me, and when I made it past the fence, every bullet was stopped by the fence wire. I had a short shotgun, and even in the darkness and at great distance I was able to dispatch all gunners...seems like there were at least 3 or more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Frued would say trade references to firearms with "penis"

Quoted:
Last night, I had a dream that zombies arose, and were walking the earth. When I got myself a Penis, I couldn't pull the Penis.. as the Penis must have weighed an easy 100 + lbs. Try as I might, as hard as I pulled.. couldn't get it to go off.

You have a fear of the failure to perform.  Maybe you need to engage in necrophilia to conquer this fear.

LOL  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I've had many dreams exactly how you just described yours!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Man when ever i have a dream with guns in them - one or more of these things ALWAYS happen.

1) cant get the gun to work.

2) Cant find the right ammo for the gun

3) gun appears to work, but when I shoot something, nothing happens.

4) At times I have to resort to "bang! I got you - youre dead!" as if by logic my dream will die.

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm corned by some guys in SWAT/MiB/whatever outfits who are shooting at me. Generally, one of three things happens:

1) The gun won't work. I pull the trigger, cock it, rack the slide, check to see if it's loaded, etc. but nothing happens.

2) The gun works just fine, but every time I pull the trigger the gun twists at an angle and misses. I aim, squeeze, and the gun jerks to one side just as it fires. Alternatively, I'm trying to load a new magazine into it but it won't go in. The magazine keeps missing the magwell, even if I take my time and slowly try to move it in by sight and feel.

3) I have no gun, but make one with my fingers and make little bang and explosion noises with my mouth as if I seriously expect that to accomplish anything. Here I am, being shot at with automatic weapons, and I'm playing cowboys and indians like a three year old.

The dreams don't occur very often, but when they do it annoys me severely. The latter two are the most common.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#27]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by lokt:  latent manifestation of your homosexuality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had the same dream.

Went to go see "Brokeback Mountain" and I am all cured.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had various dreams like this. I shoot and the bullets will do nothing, I try to pull the trigger and my trigger finger does not work, so I have to pull as hard as I can with my middle finger to get it to fire and it's too late.

Also dreams of stabbing people and nothing happens.

Also have dreams of me running and continously falling, but I never fall completely I basicaly do a roll and keep and running/rolling and running and rolling
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

3) I have no gun, but make one with my fingers and make little bang and explosion noises with my mouth as if I seriously expect that to accomplish anything. Here I am, being shot at with automatic weapons, and I'm playing cowboys and indians like a three year old.

LOL - i have had to do that to!

GRENADE! KABOOM!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Machines and mechanical things do not work very well in dreams. A gun is a machine. Guns don't work very well in dreams. It is as simple as that. Does not mean anything other than that you are dreaming. If it bothers you that your gun did not function in a dream then unload your gun and dry fire it after you wake up. Then you can go about your day and not worry whether or not you are turning gay or something.

I would hate to be a watch smith or clock repairman. Their dreams must really drive them crazy.

Another thing that does not work in dreams is reading. Ever try to read something written on paper in a dream?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't get them often, but in my zombie dreams I always have a razor sharp two-bitted axe and go to town on them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#32]
time to take some combat handgun class.hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to have the dream where I'm falling - and I'd wake up trying to pull my reserve.

Hasn't happened in a while now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#34]
zzzzzzzzzzz
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I aways have to use guns in my dreams and I can never pull the trigger. It is the most frustrating thing in the world. Then, when I wake up, I'm relieved that it was only a dream. It's weird that it's harder to do things in dreams.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm always in a position where I have pretty much total control, but whenever I make a drawing motion, there is no gun in my hand when it pulls back up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been having dreams like you guys describe for the last 20 years. I thought I was the only person to have them.

I'm thrilled to find out that I'm not the only gun owner having them; in recent years they've faded to virtual diminishment. I managed to finally kill the POS chasing me with a handgun that I actually owned (in every previous dream, the gun was something I was unfamiliar with, didn't have a correct caliber of round or the appropriate magazine to fit the weapon, or the handgun was chambered in .22 Short or .177 Daisy) and I have had only a few dreams since then.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I have a reoccuring theme in my dreams.

I have it off an on but....

Whenever I'm in a car or something the brakes don't work right.  They will slow the car but they never stop it, and I push harder and harder but the car will not stop.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been having a lot of zombie dreams lately.

Last night, though, I had a dream that some guy from Albania was trying to kidnap my son to make my mom or my cousin go out with him. We went to the cops with some sort of evidence, the cops brought the guy in, and then the cops made him, his brother and his mother stay at my house.

At some point the guy went bad and I was trying to shoot him but the gun kept either jamming or the trigger was wicked hard to pull. So frustrating I can't even put it to words.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I spent several years practicing psychiatry at the Vienna Institute for Complete Whackos. The meaning of your dream is very clear.

Quoted:

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm corned by some guys in SWAT/MiB/whatever outfits who are shooting at me. Generally, one of three things happens:

1) The gun won't work. I pull the trigger, cock it, rack the slide, check to see if it's loaded, etc. but nothing happens.

The only people who ever have this dream are homosexuals.

2) The gun works just fine, but every time I pull the trigger the gun twists at an angle and misses. I aim, squeeze, and the gun jerks to one side just as it fires. Alternatively, I'm trying to load a new magazine into it but it won't go in. The magazine keeps missing the magwell, even if I take my time and slowly try to move it in by sight and feel.

You are obviously a wanna-be gangster who is frustated because you haven't been accepted by your scumbag peers.

You are just as stupid as you were when you were three.

Consider yourself lucky. Any other psychiatrist would have charged you a thousand bucks for that analysis. I don't know why people find dream analysis so hard.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I spent several years practicing psychiatry at the Vienna Institute for Complete Whackos. The meaning of your dream is very clear.

Quoted:

The only people who ever have this dream are homosexuals.

You are obviously a wanna-be gangster who is frustated because you haven't been accepted by your scumbag peers.

You are just as stupid as you were when you were three.

Consider yourself lucky. Any other psychiatrist would have charged you a thousand bucks for that analysis. I don't know why people find dream analysis so hard.

Practicing psuedo-psychology or pretending to in order to make a lame joke is a sign of impotence, low intelligence, and a severe crazing for Cheese Whiz. Please, seek help.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#43]
While I was still in Iraq, I had a dream once that a bunch of punk ass gang bangers were trying to do a drive by on my wife and daughter so naturally I made swiss cheese out of them with my 249. Immediately afterward I dropped my weapon on the ground and thought to myself "shit, I am going to jail..." and that was it. Strange as it was in a house that we dont own, and my daughter isnt even born yet...

I think that has something to do with injustice, and lack of ability to protect those I love against it...

or I could just be bat shit
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#44]

supposedly the whole pulling-your-gun-but-it-doesn't-work dream is very common for military/LE folk and those with a survival bent.

i've had it a couple times myself.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I am sure you're right bully. I guess those of us who are fighters at the core of our beliefs have only one true weakness in our dreams: the means to fight...

I know that personally, it's scarier to die unable to fight than to die fighting for some strange reason. And in my dreams I am always stronger, faster, and better armed than I am in reality. It used to be the other way arround when I was younger cuz I remember trying to hit guys and it felt like I was just completely weak, but nowadays I feel like I could cave guys faces in with one punch...

damn, now who sounds nuttier than a shithouse rat?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#46]
i had a dream last night where i went to go see a movie, and every seat in the front row had a free handgun which the moviegoers could have if they wanted.  i spotted a nice glock (i think it was a glock 19) and tried to make my way through the aisle for it, but these 2 punks blocked me and wouldn't get out of my way.  i finally wrestled them off and made my way forward, but just as i was about to score myself a beautiful glock, i woke up.

i interpret this dream as an omen that there is going to be more nasty gun control legislation soon in the state of new york to prevent us from owning handguns
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I am sure you're right bully. I guess those of us who are fighters at the core of our beliefs have only one true weakness in our dreams: the means to fight...

I know that personally, it's scarier to die unable to fight than to die fighting for some strange reason. And in my dreams I am always stronger, faster, and better armed than I am in reality. It used to be the other way arround when I was younger cuz I remember trying to hit guys and it felt like I was just completely weak, but nowadays I feel like I could cave guys faces in with one punch...

damn, now who sounds nuttier than a shithouse rat?

+1

i think any of us who are able to actually realize what hardships life may throw at us, have also prepared and/or traind to deal with those hardships. i think the dreams are a subconscious manifestation of our fears of those realities actually coming to light, and not being as prepared as we had hoped.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Last night I had several dreams, which is very rare for me to remember. They're fading away now, but the first one included some lady poking at me with a stick or pool cue, and I blocked the stick with my left forearm while giving her a knife hand to the chest with my right hand. When I did this I actually hit the wall hard enough that it woke me (and wifey) up. I went back to sleep, but later I had a dream that I was lightly punching/jabbing at someone just messing with them, but today wifey said I punched her in the back and kicked her in the leg.  I don't even remember dreaming of any kicks.

Sometimes I'm afraid to sleep in the same bed with her because of this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The non firing gun / thousand pound trigger pull dream symbolizes a fear of imporence.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The non firing gun / thousand pound trigger pull dream symbolizes a fear of imporence.

could it be fear that you're losing your shooting skills? Do you feel guilty cause you don't practice as often as you think you should?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top