User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Check this out: [url]http://www.lobels.com/[/url]

Best steaks available.
They deliver, ONLY overnight-express, 'cause they don't freeze the meat, ever.

Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The 30oz porterhouse at Sam & Harry's steakhouse on Capitol Hill in Washington DC was damned good. High dollar, but outstanding.

I do some nice work with top sirloins on the Weber.

Eric the Hun, are you from Crowell, or did you just swing through there? The reason I ask is, I was in the Marine Color guard for Crowell's sesquicentennial parade. What a fantastic town. Everybody stood and took off their hats as we marched past with the Colors. The sheriff gave us free tickets to the big barbecue after the parade, and man, our money was no good in that place. We would no sooner get halfway through a pitcher of beer when someone would walk by and plunk another one down on the table. Everybody stopped by and thanked us as we stuffed barbecue down our necks while trying not to drip on our Dress Blues.

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
chop house. chicago, ill. absolutly the best steak i have ever had.
View Quote

One more for this place.  love at first bite

wannabe
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Blackie's House of Beef in D.C.  Always a good steak.  The prime rib is also outstanding.  Ol' Rush eats there, too!

[img]http://yp.washingtonpost.com/E/V/WASDC/0003/22/34/31.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 5:56:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Mortons -Minneapolis
Ruths Chris-Minneapolis- ask to have it cooked with garlic- the put it on before cooking and comes out frying in butter at bottom of plate.

Monteral Steak spice is excellent-have not tried it with soy sauce.  sometimes I use butter to help keep steak juicy-tends to flare a bit so watch it!  New Yoyk or T-bone only!(new york/bone/fillet)

Omaha steak sends out some good steaks too-just wait for their sales thought-their customer service is top notch.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMmmm Steak...............
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Hard to say.  Had many awesome steaks.  Two stand out in my mind, though.

In Houston (my home town), it was a ribeye that was bacon-wrapped covered with lemon/butter sauce cooked medium rare at "The Taste of Texas."  Yummy!

In Chicago, it was a filet mignon encrusted with horseradish cooked medium at "Wildfire Grill" or something like that.  mmmmm, MMMMM!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:03:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Ruths Chris-Atlanta was really good.  But with cows in my "back yard" out here in cattle country, I'm not really hurting for good steaks.  Certified red angus. [:)] (if that makes any real difference, it may just be good marketing... they still taste good, though)
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I too prefer venison or buffalo steak.

But since you asked:  

The Boalsburg Steakhouse in Boalsburg, Pa. has/had awesome 24 and 32 oz Porterhouses.  Cheap liquor too.

Also the Eutaw House near there aged their own beef at the restaurant.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#10]
The best steak I ever had was only one time in 1978, the next year when I went back the place was closed. It was a Filet Mignon made rare and it melted in your mouth. The name of the resturant was JEB'S on Route 27 just north of Kissimmee, Florida. It was so good that I still remember to this very day.
[smoke][frag]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
In VA Beach.

[img]www.blackangusrestaurant.com/angus.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#12]
DON'T LAUGH! The original TrailDust steakhouse (circa 1973) just outside of Denton,TX. Good steak cooked on a 30 year old seasoned grill! Prices are reasonable too!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Tossup-
St. Elmo Steakhouse here in Indianapolis or
Ruth's Chris, Houston.  Though there is a little place on the waterfront in League City,TX called the Sicilian Grille that has an absolutely butter-tender porterhouse.
And, the owner, Carl, is an authentic wiseguy.

QS
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:00:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Jocko's in Nimpomo, Ca.  I get the "large" (26oz?) Spencer cut sirloin.  The BEST.

Jaker's blackened steaks in Great Falls, Mt is a close second.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:22:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I always go to this little country store to get steaks.  He ages his beef and his porterhouse steaks are the best of the best.  I marinate the steaks in soy sauce with a little brown sugar mixed in for about 15-20 minutes.  Dry the steaks off and rub em down good with fresh garlic. When the coals are ready, toss on a stick or two of mesquite or oak and wait until is starts smoking good.  Slap the steaks on the grill and coat the top of the steak with dried onion.   After flipping the steak, top it with dried onion again.  Heaven on earth!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Say neverenuf, isn't that Traildust still there?  I thought I passed it on US380 a couple weeks ago?  They may not use prime meat but they burn a good piece of beef.
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#17]
My vote is for The Texas Lonestar Steakhouse.
Filet Mignon is the BEST!! 21 oz. frosted glass of Coor Light not bad either!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2001 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#18]
the Stockyard in Nashville TN and Angelo's in Panama City FL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top