Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 10:39:10 AM EDT
www.itv.com/news/britain_1007005.html

Woman hides £1.5m lotto win from hubby

2.11PM, Sat Jan 21 2006

A woman has revealed that she scooped a £1.5m lottery jackpot - but have never told her husband.

The woman, who called herself 'Jane', told a radio phone-in that since her win three years ago, she has hidden the money from her husband in fear that he would go back to his former drug problem.

She added that since her win, she claimed to get bonuses so "now and again I can have nice things".

Presenter Victoria Derbyshire had been hosting a phone-in on the subject: "Is money guaranteed to make you happy?"

The caller said: "It's nice because I know I haven't got to worry about bills.

"One of the little white lies is that I've cut my hours down at work but I tell [my husband] I work from home for the other two days."

"I do feel if I had said, yes, I've won this money, that he would have wanted holidays, he perhaps would have wanted to give up work, which would destroy our little family unit we've got now.

"I feel terribly guilty in one way, but in another way, we've got two young children and I think, well, if their lives change dramatically then it's not fair on them.

"So I just want to keep things as they are."

Lottery operator Camelot are yet to confirm the woman's story.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow we can see what kind of little family unit they have there, it is all about me.  Western european and American women suck.  If hubby did the same thing that is divorce.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Did she buy any diamonds?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a series on BBC America called At Home With the Bathwaites about a year ago about that very subject.

us.imdb.com/title/tt0231012/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top