Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/21/2006 7:23:39 AM EDT
Washburn Acoustic DK20CFT [6 string], amp jack, and tuner. This will be for my kiddo as it's his BDay this week and he has been wanting one for some time. I can get a new one all ready to go with case for $275.00. Are these OK guitars for the money, I see that there is really a lot of guitar makes under one roof, so I assume that the diff is in the matls used. If not, what is a better value for the money? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:25:31 AM EDT
B.C. Rich Warlock!

hey if you're going to get one, you might as well go evil and black
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:56:01 AM EDT
If you want to just get him an acoustic guitar, these are one of the best bargains around:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Acoustic?sku=515366

$119 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:11:25 AM EDT
Seagull guitars are terrific guitars for the money ($300-$450). Excellent tone, nice action. I think the Canadian government subsidizes them or something, because it's hard to find guitars that sound that good at that price.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:28:53 AM EDT
I play violin. I can tell you that I play a Scot Cao violin that costs 30 times what my Seagull guitar costs. Guitar is a secondary hobby at best for me, but the Seagull really is a very well made guitar at twice the price.

When I bought a "step up" violin in the $2500 range, I felt limited within a year. It was then a challenge to find a good violin for 4 times that price.

I have never felt limited at all by my mid level/bargain Seagull.

I wish I could get a decent fiddle for what I got my Seagull for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:31:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
B.C. Rich Warlock!

hey if you're going to get one, you might as well go evil and black

Heh, I had one in the Acrylic flavor, then put some EMG-81s in that sucker and it screamed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:36:59 AM EDT
I like them, Great in my book
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/21/2006 4:42:11 PM EDT by Kodiak-AK]
If you like the Washburn go here .www.ninevehguitars.com/servlet/StoreFront
Contact him and tell him Kodiak from Cyberjammin.com sent you to him . He is a dealer that will take a genuine interest in makeing sure the first axe is right for you .
Top Top