Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 6:14:26 AM EDT
How long is Glocks warranty ...I can't find anything about it on their web..
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
In practice it is for the life of the weapon.  Go to a GSSF shoot with a first gen gun and the armorers don't blink an eye.

G
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a used first gen Glock that used to belong to a police department.  It had a problem and when I called Glock they told me to send it along with any magazines I had.  I was told they would fix the gun and recondition the magazines and replace the springs free of charge.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#3]
good deal
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The Glock manual says that Glock has a one year implied warranty for defects and workmanship. It is void if an unauthorized person disassembles the pistol beyond basic field stripping or disables the safety. As far as I know, their warranty is also void if reloaded ammo is used. That's pretty common because manufacturers cannot be assured of the quality of privately loaded ammo. I have carried one on duty since the early 1990's and have never had a misfire, failure to feed or failure to eject. I have had a few instances where the slide closed on an empty magazine. That was because of worn magazines and when replaced, the pistol functioned flawlessly. I prefer a 1911 and I really like the Sig P220, but for reliability, weight, size and capacity they are hard to beat. I have never seen a kaboom in one, but I have read about them here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:45:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My brother bought a well-used G19 with no sights and old, non-captive spring that was on consignment at a local shop.  We took it to a GSSF match and brought it to the armorers to look at (a free service at GSSF matches).  He looked at the gun, at us, at the gun again, and just laughed.

Then he proceeded to disassemble it, pulled out the whole trigger assembly, extractor, striker spring, and mainspring assembly, and replaced them with new parts.  Next, he pulled out the sight tool and installed new sights.  Finally, he cleaned it, oiled it, and handed it back with a smile.  No charge.

-Troy

Yeah, but, but, but, GLOCK sucks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My brother bought a well-used G19 with no sights and old, non-captive spring that was on consignment at a local shop.  We took it to a GSSF match and brought it to the armorers to look at (a free service at GSSF matches).  He looked at the gun, at us, at the gun again, and just laughed.

Then he proceeded to disassemble it, pulled out the whole trigger assembly, extractor, striker spring, and mainspring assembly, and replaced them with new parts.  Next, he pulled out the sight tool and installed new sights.  Finally, he cleaned it, oiled it, and handed it back with a smile.  No charge.

-Troy

Yeah, but, but, but, GLOCK sucks.

Not only that but it'll Kaboom in no time!

I doubt I'll buy any but Glock and I have 2 G17s now.
Damn things run and run and run.

I know the .40s have something of a rep for kabooming so I might avoid those. Maybe.
I see .40 S&W as a solution for which there is no problem. I'd go .45 or 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#9]
.40 is for people who want to have their cake and eat it too, close to .45 power, and lots of rounds in the mag like a 9mm
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
.40 is for people who want to have their cake and eat it too, close to .45 power, and lots of rounds in the mag like a 9mm

I understand what they are trying to accomplish, just makes no sense to me. Never did.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

-Troy

Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand what they are trying to accomplish, just makes no sense to me. Never did.

You don't understand compromise?  .40 is the largest round I can fire and keep the pistol locked on target,  And I can only do that with a Glock, because of that "gawdawful" grip angle.  I have a beretta 96 that aside from feeling like a brick, I can't shoot as accuratly or as fast with it.  Glock 17 is what 17+1?  My .40, with more power is 15+1.  I'm willing to drop 2 rounds out of 18 for that little bit of extra power and one extra millimeter.  Upon expansion it turns into about 3 extra millimeters and throws to wound channel out about 3-4 more millimeters.  I don't want anyone to ever say to me "If you shot him 2 millimeters to the right, he'd be dead" If I have to shoot someone I want them dead.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't understand compromise?  .40 is the largest round I can fire and keep the pistol locked on target,  And I can only do that with a Glock, because of that "gawdawful" grip angle.  I have a beretta 96 that aside from feeling like a brick, I can't shoot as accuratly or as fast with it.  Glock 17 is what 17+1?  My .40, with more power is 15+1.  I'm willing to drop 2 rounds out of 18 for that little bit of extra power and one extra millimeter.  Upon expansion it turns into about 3 extra millimeters and throws to wound channel out about 3-4 more millimeters.  I don't want anyone to ever say to me "If you shot him 2 millimeters to the right, he'd be dead" If I have to shoot someone I want them dead.

Marketing has claimed another.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:38:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

how so?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've personally seen enough people being zipped into body bags or dead in the back of my truck that were pierced with .40 cal holes to be VERY comfortable carrying it.  I'd carry .45 but I like having 5 extra rounds and to be honest I can a target center mass about 5 times with a .40 in the time I can shoot a target centermass twice with a .45 But the good thing is, with all the shooting I do, I wouldn't need to shoot somone 5 times, I don't shoot a 9
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I prefer the .45, but the .40 has a lot going for it. 180-200 grain bullets bring it solidly into .45 territory. In fact, often +P pressures are needed in the .45 to pull away from the .40 in terms of energy. all that, and a package from 10-15 round in the mag. Sounds like it is indeed a good compromise of power* and capacity.

* Power is used here under the given idea that any commonly used handgun is in the "pitiful" power range.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how so?

To the effect that there is still a belief there is any significant difference between any handgun caliber. It just isn't there. I could just as easily argue that I don't want it to be said "if he only had two more rounds" just as easily as the argument for 2mms.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Snip* Power is used here under the given idea that any commonly used handgun is in the "pitiful" power range.

Yeah, I'd MUCH rather have a .50 beowulf or .458 socom to shoot someone with should the need ever arise.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

how so?

To the effect that there is still a belief there is any significant difference between any handgun caliber. It just isn't there. I could just as easily argue that I don't want it to be said "if he only had two more rounds" just as easily as the argument for 2mms.

now that's just plain ignorant.  my .454 casull is going to blow a way bigger hole through someone than my .32 auto beretta.  there is a pretty good difference between the performance of 9mm and .45acp, the .40s&w is a good middle ground.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

how so?

now that's just plain ignorant.  my .454 casull is going to blow a way bigger hole through someone than my .32 auto beretta.  there is a pretty good difference between the performance of 9mm and .45acp, the .40s&w is a good middle ground.

I should have known someone would be absurd. We're talking about service calibers here, but hey if it makes you feel better about what you're carrying and you need the confidence in a slightly bigger round because you don't have the confidence in your abilities, go right ahead.

And oh by the way your .454 is very close to the old .45 ACP when we're talking terminal effects. But on the plus side you get less capacity and more recoil for your effort.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#21]
if you say so.....
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
if you say so.....

That's about the response I expected considering the earlier argument.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#23]

G
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top