Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
36? Is that including me?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The absolutely worst movie I've ever seen
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Now I know why GD is gone to the crapper. A bunch of people here without taste.

Try not to suck any dicks on your way out...
Hey you! Come back here!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:39:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
see topic....

edited?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#8]
excellent movie.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
sucks

Kevin smith is a hack.

Well kurasawa or kieslowski he is not,  but his dialogue and hillarious use of stereotypes makes clerks one of the best low-budget movies of the 90s.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
sucks

Kevin smith is a hack.

Well kurasawa or kieslowski he is not,  but his dialogue and hillarious use of stereotypes makes clerks one of the best low-budget movies of the 90s.

His dialogue sucks. Nobody talks that way. It's a lame attempt to make stupid people seem intelligent.

It's kind of like the soliloquies in star trek - no living human being has ever spoken that way in normal conversation, but they write it that way so they look 'profound'.

Bunch of crap is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:54:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Hey you! Come back here!

Or, a bunch of people that aren't 20 years old and actually HAVE taste and discernment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#12]
They should have stuck with the alternate(actually original) ending where Dante gets shot in a robbery.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They should have stuck with the alternate(actually original) ending where Dante gets shot in a robbery.

[Vader]Noooooooooo![/Vader]

I've seen the alternate ending...that would have been a downer.

Not a big fan of comedies, but Clerks is a favorite, along with Office Space & Blazing Saddles.

Kevin Smith is a lot like George Lucas...they both did their best movies when they didn't have much money to work with.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey you! Come back here!

Or, a bunch of people that aren't 20 years old and actually HAVE taste and discernment.

More likely the people who do not like it are a bunch of 20 years olds that don't like B&W movies nor the lack of special effects, and have no abiltiy to relate to other human beings.

My guess is you're ancient because you don't even understand the targeted group for this movie isn't the 20-somethings of today. It was the 20 somethings of 10-15 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was pretty funny.  though dogma and mallrats were his best
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sucks

Kevin smith is a hack.

His dialogue sucks. Nobody talks that way. It's a lame attempt to make stupid people seem intelligent.

It's kind of like the soliloquies in star trek - no living human being has ever spoken that way in normal conversation, but they write it that way so they look 'profound'.

I see... your criterion for good dialogue is reality -- stay away from Mamet and Shakespear.  You'll really hate that.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sucks

Kevin smith is a hack.

I see... your criterion for good dialogue is reality -- stay away from Mamet and Shakespear.  You'll really hate that.

Shakerspeare is good for what it is. And comparing kevin smith  to shakespeare  is like comparing a yugo to a bugatti veyron.

Kevin smith writes overly wordy crap so for psuedo-intellectual idiots. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities, but I'm not a college age kid who's impressed by the unfunny crap he puts out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
sucks

Kevin smith is a hack.

Shakerspeare is good for what it is. And comparing kevin smith  to shakespeare  is like comparing a yugo to a bugatti veyron.

Kevin smith writes overly wordy crap so for psuedo-intellectual idiots. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities, but I'm not a college age kid who's impressed by the unfunny crap he puts out.

I wasn't comparing Smith to Shakespear.  I was pointing out that your criterion for judging dialogue is a bad one.   (self edit)

Maybe we can agree to disagree about yourcriterion and the value of clerks
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It's a lame attempt to make stupid people seem intelligent.

Kevin smith writes overly wordy crap for psuedo-intellectual idiots.

Big +1

Bastiat nailed it.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1

Bastiat nailed it.  

Thats an interesting edit of two different posts of Bastiat that looks like a direct quote.  

Well done.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not even supposed to be here today!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1

Bastiat nailed it.  

Thats an interesting edit of two different posts of Bastiat that looks like a direct quote.  

Well done.  

Thanks for the 'Well done.'  

Certainly, my post was not intended to confuse or mislead.  Next time I will quote individual posts separately AND in their entirety!!  That should cushion it for the overly sensitive among us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top