Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 6:53:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:59:12 PM EDT
If it passes come on over here to Missouri
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:08:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:12:55 PM EDT
Nope, I don't. I have been an NRA member for about 24 years and the NRA has NEVER, EVER called me one single time. I used to also contribute to the NRA/ILA a lot before I had kids and got poor, and they never once called me either.

I get the requisite ton of junk mail from them, and lots of folks have told me that the NRA calls them, but so far so good.

BTW, the NRA is the only reason that we still legally own guns in the U.S.A. so even if they start calling me it's OK. Small price to pay for freedom.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:38:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Arkansas_Rocketman:
Nope, I don't. I have been an NRA member for about 24 years and the NRA has NEVER, EVER called me one single time. I used to also contribute to the NRA/ILA a lot before I had kids and got poor, and they never once called me either.

I get the requisite ton of junk mail from them, and lots of folks have told me that the NRA calls them, but so far so good.

BTW, the NRA is the only reason that we still legally own guns in the U.S.A. so even if they start calling me it's OK. Small price to pay for freedom.

You speak the truth!

(Wife and I are Life Members).
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 9:08:08 PM EDT by warlord]

You're worried about too much junk mail. The anti-gunners are determined to do "end-around" the USA law-making process by getting a UN treaty to ban guns. The NRA became a NGO to fight $hit like that below
UN WANTS CIVILIAN GUNS. Life member NRA & CRPA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:20:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 2:22:09 PM EDT by Arkansas_Rocketman]

Originally Posted By warlord:

You're worried about too much junk mail. The anti-gunners are determined to do "end-around" the USA law-making process by getting a UN treaty to ban guns. The NRA became a NGO to fight $hit like that below
UN WANTS CIVILIAN GUNS. Life member NRA & CRPA.

Worried? Not quite. I just throw it in the garbage without reading it and wish silently that they would not waste so much of our money on junk mass mailings. I'm a life NRA member, my wife is a life NRA member, all 3 of our kids are annual members, so why keep sending solicitations to us to join the NRA?!

I wish the NRA would take some of that money that they waste on mass junk mail and buy prime-time major network TV commercial airtime. A couple of 30 second commercials stating the facts about what a colossal failure gun control is might put a small seed of thought in folks minds, winning more people to our side.

If wishes were horses................................................
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:30:18 PM EDT
I'm pissed because they never call me I have to call them to get any attention.

Call the NRAILA Hotline sometime and tell them what you think or want you would like to see them do in the future, they are always very nice and don't mind chatting about the topics you inquire about from my experience.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:33:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN:
I'm pissed because they never call me I have to call them to get any attention.

Call the NRAILA Hotline sometime and tell them what you think or want you would like to see them do in the future, they are always very nice and don't mind chatting about the topics you inquire about from my experience.

Ditto, never had any solicitation by the NRA once in my entire membership. Not even a mailing :-(
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:42:47 PM EDT
<<<<<<<<< Life since 1986

They don't call here either.

I always try and buy from vendors who do the "Round Up" so I can contribute.

Lately I've given more to the VCDL than the NRA. I need to work on that.

All gun owners need to pull together and realize that we could stand to loose all gun rights.

If the Black Rifles go first, you can bet the wood ones will be next.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:46:50 PM EDT
For those who have issues with getting the NRA or the RNC to call you: Send them $500 each.

They will call, and call, and call, and call, and call.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:50:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
For those who have issues with getting the NRA or the RNC to call you: Send them $500 each.

They will call, and call, and call, and call, and call.

They eventually gave up.
Top Top