Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:02:32 PM EDT
For 3-4 weeks now I have been getting a call from the same number 4 to 5 times a day. It is a 514 area code. If I answer no one is there, then it hangs up after 5-10 seconds. When I call it back it give me 2 options:

1. "If you are calling this number because it appears on you caller ID and would like it removed, press 1". I entered my number and the system just hangs up.

2. "If you would like to be transfered to an representative, press 2". I press 2 and get a message that says no one can take my call at this time. Then the call disconnects.

No matter what time of day I call I get the same thing. The calls come in about the same time everyday. I know it is some computer assisted call but I amgetting a little pissed at this point. I have called my cell carrier but they cannot block a certain number from calling.

Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:07:07 PM EDT
get a new phone number? ignore the call?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
I get a similar call on my Cell...it is from some Mortgage Broker.
I called the number that the automated system gives me and I actually talked to the shithead.

I told him to stop calling.

The fucking same thing happened the next day.

I call the number talk to a different person and tell them to stop and I told them to give me the Company's address.
With that address I had my Attorney draw up papers saying that I am going to sue the company if the calls do not stop.
The papers were served and I recieved a call from their Legal department. I told them to talk to my attorney.

We are know in litigation with this company, because they keep calling me with the same FUCKING Message.

I will collect damages and Attorney fees from these bastards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By xinflt:
get a new phone number? ignore the call?

It is a Crime for them to call you.

Put your cell number on the national do not call list.
Top Top