Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2006 7:55:08 AM EDT

I enjoy them, but I was just wondering since:

Originally Posted By *****:
You know, I've seen a number of these pics on this site but I just don't get it?

Why do people post pics of their dinner?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]
My thoughts are simple.

I like guns.
I like good food.
Combining the two and sharing it with everyone just seems natural.

As men, we like to share our tools and handiwork with others. There's a great sense of pride in creating the perfect steak, and it's fun to show it off once in a while. While you're at it, throwing some guns in there is just plain fun. Afterall, this *is* a gun board.

I for one prefer the old school dinner pics - food and gun. The other rules are cute and amusing, but I'd like to see more creativity in the actual photography and food presentation. My mouth should be watering, and my pee-pee should tingle.

Dinner pics have become a work of art. Some of them are fantastic expressions of a man's love for a good meal and quality firearms.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the most recent one that had tits.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking of posting an after dinner pic, you know, like the morning after.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I like when it's a bowl of "chili" with no beans in it and it denigrates into a North vs. South thing.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#5]
They're they only threads MORE useless than Beetlebaily threads.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
suck

too cutesy

seems like  "i had nothing better to do, so i thought i'd post my dinner. woo hoo"

ghey

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think I've ever made one. Would a "lunch" picture count?

Too bad we don't have a stickied topic listing the rules. I know it needs this much: Food, a gun (loaded), a drink, a stapler, a measuring device, and a knife. I just asked the wife, and she says a flashlight.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm still waiting for "pie and ice cream".
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like when it's a bowl of "chili" with no beans in it and it denigrates into a North vs. South thing.  

Chili with beans is abomination.

Doh! You lured me in!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

2003 & only ~200 posts!?  Now I feel really offended that you chose to use one of them on me

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Well if it had beans in it it would be "Chili Beans" or "Chili with Beans" it would not be "Chili".
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

'Scuse me?

What do you have against Beetle anyway, he seems like a nice guy so if you can't be nice towards a fellow member then you need to keep your comments to yourself.

Personally I like the dinner pic threads.  They can get pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Since I started them back in 1999 on the old board...I SAY KEEEP EM COMING!!!

Now that's a big claim - I want to see evidence

p.s.  Thanks Deej & Subnet.  Good to know people have your back, even if it is just the intraweb
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Are they informative?   NO
Do they provide everyday enjoyment to those that participate?    HELL YEAH

I love em'. Keep em' coming.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#18]
The dinner pics are amusing - and it is the GD after all, a little silliness and creativity can give everybody a good laugh. I esp. enjoy the ratings, the deductions and praise that people give are pretty dang funny too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

p.s.  Thanks Deej & Subnet.  Good to know people have your back, even if it is just the intraweb

Heretics! All of them! You don't fuck with dinner pics.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What are your thoughts on the current dinner pic rules, as they've evolved over the years?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
suck

too cutesy

seems like  "i had nothing better to do, so i thought i'd post my dinner. woo hoo"

ghey

No offense bud, but you do know you don't HAVE to click on the dinner pix right?  If you don't like them then ignore them.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

you mean this?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=429031
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#23]
I like it becuase it is unique to Arfcom and is part of what Arfcom is. I enjoy them. HOPEFULLY these won't get banned like certain words have been.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link please.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I like dinner pics.  You can show off your mad cooking skills and your toys that go bang at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'Scuse me?  

What do you have against Beetle anyway, he seems like a nice guy so if you can't be nice towards a fellow member then you need to keep your comments to yourself.

Easy, Shaniqua!  I'm just breaking Beet's balls a little!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
suck

too cutesy

ghey

No offense bud, but you do know you don't HAVE to click on the dinner pix right?  If you don't like them then ignore them.

I normally would not criticize the photos.  it's not a big deal.

certainly i'm not complaining.

but in this case the guy literally asked for opinions.

there's mine
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

but in this case the guy literally asked for opinions.

there's mine

Yeah.  But your opinion doesn't match his.  So you're BAD, MKAY?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#29]
you guys kill me

I think I'm going to cook some deer tonight and post a pic by my new grill
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I thin kthat wsome of them are pretty cool, but others are a real waste of bandwidth from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#31]
They are an interesting diversion.... it's just for fun....and usually a lot nicer to read than the 9 v 45 or wolf v everything or glock v 1911 threads.

keep em coming.

I need to get control of the camera more often or buy another one...wife always takes it with her to work.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
you guys kill me

I think I'm going to cook some deer tonight and post a pic by my new grill

So the truth comes out . Your testing the waters for the new grill dinner pic.

Rock on with your grilling self.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I caqn tell what prompted it. The old boards archives are gone.
I had a dinner date that did not show up. I had cooked some past and pesto sauce. Nice bottle of wine. Did not want it to go to waste so I figure I take a pic and post it to share with everyone. EdSr, then sent me an IM asking how that was "gun related" so I re took the pick with my Glock 19 on the table. Hence making it gun related. It started off like that. Everyone seems to have gotten other stuff to add in to the pic.

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are your thoughts on the current dinner pic rules, as they've evolved over the years?

I think its getting a little too outta hand. I mean you would need to have a wide angle lens to include all the staplers and etc. Keep it simple I say. Dinner, beverage, gun. Brief description of the dinner and the firearm.

That's awesome.  If I didn't fear EdSr like Kermit fears Chuck Norris, I would send an IM and allow him to elaborate as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I enjoy dinner pics where the meal actually looks good and there's some decent hardware on the table. I don't understand how the hell people eat some of the things they show us.

When you add beans to chili, it ceases to be chili
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#36]
I propose a dinner pic contest.  Using past photos is acceptable.  Do not use anyone elses pics.

If this generates enough interest I will start a thread.  I have an old one from last year that I think still takes the cake.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Dinner pics rule.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
They're they only threads MORE useless than Beetlebaily deej86 threads.  

Fixed it for you hombre.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I propose a dinner pic contest.  Using past photos is acceptable.  Do not use anyone elses pics.

If this generates enough interest I will start a thread.  I have an old one from last year that I think still takes the cake.

i want to see it
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been desensitized by dinner pics....if they don't have a BOTD incorporated....I automatically deduct 9.5 points.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#41]
I enjoy them.  Keep em coming.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Dinner pics are cool but the followers who chime in with what they think you should have in the background is annoying.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I like them.  Mostly they are lacking in their mad dinner skillz, though.  Too much on the tape measure placement, not enough on the Rachel Ray presentation...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Here you go.

Weapons:

RRA midlength
Springfield GI
Ruger P89DC
CRKT M21

Grub:

Cajun rubbed ribeye
Garlic taters
Asparagus
Caesar Salad

Beverage:

Fresh Redhook Blonde Ale from the Brewery where I work, tapped off my kegerator.

Yeah, yeah I know about the A1 sauce ....it was for my girlfriend.  It took me forever just to stop her from dumping ketchup all over her steak.

I also know that my GI is not ready to repel an attack but in my defence I would go to my RRA first.  And probably my Ruger second as I have not had one failure in about 10,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:30:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I tried to do it once, but I wound up stapling my napkin to a loaded magazine while balancing on a tape measure.

After I got out of the ER, my wife told me not to do this anymore.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Dinner pics are cool but the followers who chime in with what they think you should have in the background is annoying.

But that's the whole point of the thing.  What the hell else is there to say?

p.s. anyone with a RUGER P series in a dinner pic should be instantly BANNED!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#47]
F U

My Ruger might be my favorite gun, and I have a few.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#48]
I like em. Sort of a novelty of the ARFCOM community.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I like them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I caqn tell what prompted it. The old boards archives are gone.
I had a dinner date that did not show up. I had cooked some past and pesto sauce. Nice bottle of wine. Did not want it to go to waste so I figure I take a pic and post it to share with everyone. EdSr, then sent me an IM asking how that was "gun related" so I re took the pick with my Glock 19 on the table. Hence making it gun related. It started off like that. Everyone seems to have gotten other stuff to add in to the pic.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think its getting a little too outta hand. I mean you would need to have a wide angle lens to include all the staplers and etc. Keep it simple I say. Dinner, beverage, gun. Brief description of the dinner and the firearm.

I can vouch for his story.  LT started it, but BAMA raised it to an artform
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top