Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 6:12:45 AM EDT
Saw it this am, a little while ago,

In a construction zone, speed limit was posted 20mph, street workers all around, so I am doing the 20 and a little less...

Here comes Mr. I am gonna drive how I want regardless, passes me and speeds off,

BUT....

Waiting up ahead was a local cop, I saw his light bar light up and the brake lights of mr. asshole light up when he saw the local cop light up....

I hope he has to pay a fine that bankrupts his ass.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Waiting for the thread about someone here getting stopped by a JBT for speeding in a construction zone to increase revenues.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Waiting for the thread about someone here getting stopped by a JBT for speeding in a construction zone to increase revenues.

There was a thread like that the other day, I wanna say.. Stopped in a construction zone, but not ticketed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  All traffic law exists soley for the purpose of increasing government revenue  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The lack of respect for traffic regulations around where I live is getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Get used to it.  This is how a third world country drives.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]

street workers all around

Then it's ok to have the increased fine.  What bothers me are the obvious scams where the construction signs are put-up and left for years.  When I head to the west from my house, the main road in that direction has been "under construction" for over four years.  The signs are going to remain for another two years.  Only twice have I ever seen someone working there.  The county cops still run radar there and give the expensive tickets for that area even though the idea that you're endangering construction workers is ridiculous since there are none to endanger!z
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The lack of respect for traffic regulations around where I live is getting out of hand.

+1
 But the root cause in my not so humble opinion is a total and complete LACK OF ENFORCEMENT.  Our local police dept has become a public safety dept and not a law enforcement dept.  It is and always should be the job of the police dept to ENFORCE laws and that means cite violators.  Our public safety dept would rather 'educate' than ticket.  Once people learn that the cops are never going to cite them they drive like there are no cops anywhere and no laws.  That doesn't work very well.  Decent citizens wonder what we are paying all those taxes for and dirtbags just laugh at the cops.  I unfortunatly see this as the future.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  All traffic law exists soley for the purpose of increasing government revenue  

Of course it is according to ARF.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
It is all about the revenue.
Instead of a monetary fine, suspend his license.  If he can afford the fine it won't deter his behavior but the thought of a lost license would.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, the increased disregard for traffic laws pisses me off too.  Like the installation of speed bumps on public streets.  These cost $8-$15 thousand dollars where a RADAR traffic camera would generate revenue!

Forcing ALL motorists to slow down because a FEW like to speed is facist.  And it WASTES fuel, brakes and tires not to mention causing suspension damage.

Everytime I am forced to cross these obstructions, I honk my horn.  The people that want slower traffic should hear my protest.  I don't speed so why should I have to encounter these obstructions?  Fuck it, the road is a public forum and my horn is speech.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
 But the root cause in my not so humble opinion is a total and complete LACK OF ENFORCEMENT.  Our local police dept has become a public safety dept and not a law enforcement dept.  It is and always should be the job of the police dept to ENFORCE laws and that means cite violators.  Our public safety dept would rather 'educate' than ticket.  Once people learn that the cops are never going to cite them they drive like there are no cops anywhere and no laws.  That doesn't work very well.  Decent citizens wonder what we are paying all those taxes for and dirtbags just laugh at the cops.  I unfortunatly see this as the future.

+ infinity.

How about this one, you are approaching a 4-way stop in a residential area.  Another car is clearly going to beat you to a full stop.

So suddenly these "lead" cars have taken to not even coming CLOSE to stopping, I guess the theory is that they are ahead of me and I have to stop, so it won't be a problem.

How about we both stop, like the law says, and then you can go ahead, because you were there first.  Wouldn't that work?

Pisses me off.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Instead of a monetary fine, suspend his license.  If he can afford the fine it won't deter his behavior but the thought of a lost license would.

What happens when he:

Does not have a license? Or  drives after suspension anyway?

Are you advocating suspension for EVERY infraction?  Bit draconian wouldn't you say? (though i must admit, it would cut down on rush hour traffic)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happens when he:

Does not have a license? Or  drives after suspension anyway?

Are you advocating suspension for EVERY infraction?  Bit draconian wouldn't you say? (though i must admit, it would cut down on rush hour traffic)

No, not for all infractions.  Use the point system which works as a deterent MUCH better than a monetary fine.   As for those who are caught without or with a suspended license, jail time.
All I am saying is that to many, a threat of a few hundred dollars isn't a deterent where the threat of suspension is.
Ask people whats worse, being fined $200 or losing your license.  I'd bet most, if not all would rather pay the $200.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Construction zones

- there is SELDOM anyone working, yet we have to go slow anyway

- the limits are usually set too low

- they start the construction slow down MILES ahead of time - basically they are chicken little

Now, if it's a REAL construction zone, with REAL workers, and they aren't behind concrete walls, sure I slow down
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:17:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Let me guess..

It was "JIMMY"...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

another big  +1.

There is a lack of police enforcement, read professionalism, that breeds contempt for ALL laws.  The driving public very quickly realizes that there are NO repercussions for driving like fools, blowing stop signs, no use of turn signals, and the like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top