Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2006 12:39:38 AM EDT
I hook it up with pronz if you answer this question for me:

the memebers of the cabinet are nominated by the president and approved by the senate. the president often receives advice from personal friends or white house staff, none of whom receive senate approval.  Does this undermine the checksand balance system?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I hook it up with pronz if you answer this question for me:

the memebers of the cabinet are nominated by the president and approved by the senate.  tey the president often receives advice from personal friends or white house staff, none of whom receive senate approval.  Does this undermine the checksand balance system?

Do your own homework  

Plenty of pronz to be found anyways  

What do YOU think ?  Do YOU think it undermines the inherent 'checks & balances" in the system's design ?

Sounds more like they're looking for an opinion, as opposed to an answer, per se.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Seriously, I think the question is retarded.  Even if the president gets advice as to who to nominate from freinds and "insiders" in the business it doesn't matter, they still have to go through the senate.  so if his friends tell him to nominate his dog, and he does it the dog still have to answer to his senate.  now if everyone in the sentate was republican and the president was also and they nominated and posted a dog to the cabinet that would be  totally different...

but i need more filler from emotional conspiracy theorists and I knew right where to come to ask.  This place is light years ahead of google.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
No.  If a CEO gets advice from his son the stock broker or from his wife the CFO of a different non-competitive company, does that undermine his fellow board members?  If a code writer uses manuals or search engines to better his code, does that undermine his company?

If I send a letter to the POTUS to suggest a plan of action involving thing/place/policy X then do I need to be approved by the senate to do so?  What if I meet him one day and he invites me for a beer and we shoot the shit?  If I become a close personal friend and he confides in me that he has worries about X that I may have keen insight about?  Or about anything else?  

Its just silly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
so you want bang bus or cum fiesta?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:29:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hr

+1 hr

X
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top