Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/19/2006 6:30:33 PM EDT
Unwillingly, I had to switch from Sprint to Verizon. I could not get a signal with my Sprint service at the property that we are building on. That is a must! I loved Sprint's service, but Verizon was the only carrier that would work out there. Anyways, I got a new XV6700 PDA phone. So far it's pretty sweet. I really like the slide out QWERTY keyboard.

Just thought I'd share.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:01:52 PM EDT
sprint nextel sucks ass good move for you.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:10:47 PM EDT by gaspain]
Cool phone! Verizon rocks btw. Did you sign up for the unlimited data plan? ...if you did, I can tell you how to get 2000 free sms messages a month, thats right 2k, free

also, visit pdaphonehome.com

you must get a program called "SPB pocket plus"...its a must have for ppc2003 devices. (but may not me must have for MWM5.0)

also, invest in a 2gig or 4gig SD card. They totally rule.

Any questions just ask me, I have a i730 from Verizon
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:10:58 PM EDT
I've had Sprint and Verizon. They both sucked ass. Never got a bill that was what I expected. They have so many loopholes in their billing plans that you always get ripped off, especially if you traveled a lot like I did.

I have US Cellular now and they have never screwed me yet. I have one month where i had an unexpected overage and they forgave the extra charges.

2 years with them and still happy!
I just wish they offered those cool PDA's...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:17:45 PM EDT
this post is coming from a cingular hp6515 pda phone...

im at hooters having a drink,,, ;)
waiting for my food.

cant beat this,,,,
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:21:59 PM EDT by Duffy]
2GB or 4GB SD card? Good lord, what do you guys put on yer PDAs? Had a Treo 600 and just upgraded to a Treo 650, never even used up more than 4MB of it tiny 23MB built-in available storage, let alone additonal cards
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:23:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cluster:
this post is coming from a cingular hp6515 pda phone...

im at hooters having a drink,,, ;)
waiting for my food.

cant beat this,,,,

hell yea, I know the feeling. Nothing quite like not being tied down to the pc. People are always surprised when I pull up google during conversations to check facts.

My intelligence quotient went up to genius levels because I’m as smart as google is, anywhere anytime.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:28:44 PM EDT by gaspain]

Originally Posted By Duffy:
2GB or 4GB SD card? Good lord, what do you guys put on yer PDAs? Had a Treo 600 and just upgraded to a Treo 650, never even used up more than 4MB of it tiny 23MB built-in available storage, let alone additonal cards

I have a 4gb Transcend 150x SD card. I have my entire PC "my documents" on it. I can run most of my business of it. Its also great for watching Family Guy episodes or listening to podcasts, I watched the entire series of Battlestar on it once.

the PDA/Phone/Data devices are also capable of streaming off of Shoutcast.com....internet radio baby! who needs XM or Sirius if you have EVDO!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:27:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Duffy:2GB or 4GB SD card? Good lord, what do you guys put on yer PDAs? Had a Treo 600 and just upgraded to a Treo 650, never even used up more than 4MB of it tiny 23MB built-in available storage, let alone additonal cards

tons of stuff...
hell you do know you can watch movies on your pda roght,,,plus the mp3 stuff... yes there is better things for mp3s.. but its an all in one package deal that rocks... i have a program on my home comp that streams tv via windowsmedia.. these things are badass... oh wel... you can do work on them also,,

and my food isnt here yet...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:29:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:29:34 PM EDT by gaspain]

i have a program on my home comp that streams tv via windowsmedia.. these things are badass... oh wel... you can do work on them also,,

what program is that?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:35:36 PM EDT
Gee, you guys have me seriously considering getting one now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:36:53 PM EDT
Verizon is the shit. I have yet to find a roaming area and the customer service is great good move
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:41:57 PM EDT by shop_rat45]

Originally Posted By gaspain:
Cool phone! Verizon rocks btw. Did you sign up for the unlimited data plan? ...if you did, I can tell you how to get 2000 free sms messages a month, thats right 2k, free

also, visit pdaphonehome.com

you must get a program called "SPB pocket plus"...its a must have for ppc2003 devices. (but may not me must have for MWM5.0)

also, invest in a 2gig or 4gig SD card. They totally rule.

Any questions just ask me, I have a i730 from Verizon

Yep. I got the unlimited data. So, tell me more about these 2000 free sms's. Also, what is this SPB Pocket Plus?

Kris

ETA: did you figure out how to hook it up to a laptop and use it as the modem?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:43:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gaspain:

i have a program on my home comp that streams tv via windowsmedia.. these things are badass... oh wel... you can do work on them also,,

what program is that?

webcastxp found it using webcamxp. go google it.

if i wanna watch something and i know i well be away.. i start webcastxp on the channel i wanna watch..(cant change channels...hey its free) and i send the link to my phone...

i never could get it to work with my wireless setup so i had to hook up right to the cable modem.. works for me.. :)

if anyone knows something beter... let me know

oh and my food is here...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:58:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:
Yep. I got the unlimited data. So, tell me more about these 2000 free sms's. Also, what is this SPB Pocket Plus?

Kris

2000 SMS messages, read here (pages 5-8 are valuable, also not sure if your machine uses SMS push so your device may not be eligible, yours is so new ya know) http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?s=a6cfebd7255375c1d4ff2575f3182201&threadid=60755&highlight=sms

SPB pocket plus; basically it makes the pda behave more like a PC. It closes programs when you actually click close., it handles zip files, themes....it does so much, I cant get into it all.
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en

also get these media players GSplayer and Betaplayer, because if you havent noticed yet Windows media player wont play .avi, divx, mpeg, mpg or shoutcast streams.

so get:
GSplayer(for mpeg, mpg), and BetaPlayer(for avi and shoutcast). Both free just google them.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:04:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shop_rat45:

its gonna be different for you, but here it is for an i730
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=373892#post373892

remember, this isnt something they want you to do cuz it eats more bandwidth up. So you gotta mess around the device to get it to work.

You really should ask http://pdaphonehome.com about that
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:35:26 AM EDT
Ah..makes sense now. I only use my Treo as a phone and to sync with my Outlook calendar and contacts, I don't even use it to browse the web or check emails
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:45:46 AM EDT
but can it do the things that Jacks can do
Top Top