Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 5:45:54 PM EDT
I wear prescription eye glasses.  I went to an indoor range this past weekend.  I had a spent shell casing bounce off the wall and land between my eyelid and my glasses.  My eyelid is burned and still hurts.  Needless to say, I'd like to avoid that experience in the future.  

Does anybody have a suggestion on safety goggles that can be worn over prescription eye glasses?

I found these on cheaperthandirt.  Not too stylish, but if it keeps me from singing my eye lids or something worse, I can deal with it.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the same thing happen to me.  A baseball type hat usually helps.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear a pair of these Bolle Vigilante with a Prescription insert.

They sit very close to the face and seem to work very well.
Had them for about 3-4 Years now. I like the range of coloured lenses.

Looking for a image of them I found this :
It's not a recommendation to buy from the specific company, it's just the images....

The Glasses
and the
Insert
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the same problem.  I just use the safety glasses that came with my weed-eater.  They look like the one you found and the fit over my glasses pretty easily.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I use my Wiley X SG-1 goggles for shooting! I like em!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hat!

Even with the safety glasses you posted a picture of a casing could bounce off your forehead and fall between your glasses and your eye.

While I rarely wear them, the best cheap safety glasses for guys who already wear glasses are these, which you can get at Lowes for all of $2.97:

Granted, they do have small holes in them.  You can also get them without the holes, but then they’ll fog up pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By John Parker:
I use my Wiley X SG-1 goggles for shooting! I like em!

+1 and you can get prescription inserts for them as well. They seal around your eyes, so no casings get caught there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Good shooting glasses are expensive ... But so are your eyes. Take care of them and buy the best glasses you can get.

Go with Oakleys if you can. I have two pairs - one smoked and one clear. I LOVE them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#8]
HAT!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
My kit is:

1.  Baseball cap
2.  Shooting glasses with side shields
3. High end electronic muffs, or cheap muffs and plugs.

I shoot alot.  No exceptions to the above rules.  I carry a 1000 bulk pack of foam plugs in my truck.  I hand them out gratis at the public range, especially for the kids
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top