Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:48:15 PM EDT
I have felt a bit puny these past couple of days and decided to take my temperture and it has
consistantly been 97.6. Exactly one degree below normal.
I know that if you have an infection etc. you get a fever but, I don't have a clue what it means
if you have a low body temperature. What happens if it gets lower amd what causes it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:50:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dangerousdan:
I have felt a bit puny these past couple of days and decided to take my temperture and it has
I know that if you have an infection etc. you get a fever but, I don't have a clue what it means
if you have a low body temperature. What happens if it gets lower amd what causes it?

First of all, the 98.6 is a general guideling. Your metabolism and body fat percentage can cause you to have an average temp that is higher or lower. Your problem is probably being a little anemic/dehydrated or just plain tired.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:54:11 PM EDT
Side effect of global warming.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:55:12 PM EDT

I have felt a bit puny these past couple of days and decided to take my temperture and it has consistantly been 97.6.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:55:54 PM EDT

Oral, Axillary, Tympanic, or Rectal It actually makes a difference.

98.6 is the middle of the range for normal temps. 97.6-99.6 are completely "normal". If your temp is normally higher then I could see why you feel a bit off.

I think certain infections and diabetes can cause low temps along with obvious things like shock and hypothermia. Go see a doctor if you are worried about it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:59:04 PM EDT
Nobody's temp runs 98.6 all the time, and we are all a little different.
Temps might tend to run high in summer and low in winter. High in kids who are realy bundled up by parents, etc.

FWIW, fever is a temp at or greater than 100.5.
I might buy 100.0 but 99.8 or whatever, ain't a fever.

Just FWIW.
Top Top