Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2006 11:01:42 AM EDT
Big ones.  Hospital required.(except frequently broken toes do not require the hospital)
Not meant to be a pissing match, but I am sure it will turn into one.
I am also sure I will loose such a match.

Both wrists broken at the same time.
2 separate times broken toe
cut index finger down to the bone closing my first pocket knife

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Stitches: Head, hands, knee
Broken bones: Collarbone
Broken Bones with steel plates: Radius and Ulna (snapped in half) Humerus (shattered)
Had pins in right hand for a while (broke thumb joint)
Had the tip of pinky sewed back on once.

The first set of plates in the Radius and Ulna broke

these are the new and improved plates

I don't have any good pics of the humerus 'cause my camera sucks.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
both wrists broke at the same time as well this past august.
shoulder seperation requiring surg...
shoulder breakage surg
kidney stone   surg
several other breaks not requiring surg......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
One broken nose, requiring stitches.  
Cut in back of head requiring staple to back of head.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
papercut.
twice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
none.
I don't need no stinking hospital

got my own first aid kit in the toolbox
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]
25% compression fracture of one of my lumbar vertebrae
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Cut bottom of foot from little toe across and up to space between big and second toes, only 9 stitches.

Cut left thumb to bone with Dremel tool, also 9 stitches.

Dislocated right shoulder.

Shot in head with BB, glances off my frontal armor and ended up under skin at the hairline, had to be cut open and popped out like a zit.

Scratched cornea when handlebar grip came off bike and handlebar went into eye.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no wounds.

I'm the man of steel......

Top that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I was there after I rolled my Grand Am a few times, some stitches in my thumb from when I was trying to be a hot-ass with an Exacto knife and about half a dozen badly sprained ankles.  Mine are about as strong as a UN resolution
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#10]
crap it's alot, ok when I was 2 I bite a electrical cord and fried myself, melted the corner of my mouth(you can't tell inless I showed u the scare inside my lip, I broke my left arm right, and I mean right below the growth line(almost got it amputated) I've fallen so many times and gotten so many scares. I've been stabbed and thats under my left nipple, I've had a cracked rib from a round hitting my vest. Oh yea I had a nail go under my kneecap after hurricane alicia and the list goes on
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Broken right Tibia
Broke 2 vertabrae in my lower back
ruptured spleen- Blood loss was an issue
3 broken ribs-punctered the lung
collapsed lung-worst pain imagineable
Broken right hand and wrist-no more masturbation for me.
severe concussion-migraine time 87 billion

23 days in the hospital
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Broken thumb
Broken sternum
Two broken ribs
Broken right tibia and fibula -- healed crooked
Shattered right little metacarpal
Right wrist cut on plate glass -- 4" long (down the road, not across the highway), down to the bone
Dog bite left thigh, chunk missing
Cut forehead, stitches needed
Stabbed in the eye, scratched cornea (lucky )
2"x6" 3rd degree burn inside right forearm

No GSW though
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Cut my eyebrow and got three stitches when I jumped over a firetruck sitting in my bedroom floor . . . did not clear it, nailed the chair just past it (1/4 in lower and I would have whaled on my eyeball )

Broke my left arm while riding my brand-new 10-speed.

Stuck my knife in my leg bad enough for an irrigation tube and three (badly done) stitches while playing juggle the knife (I was 15)

Ran my new 21-speed into the hood of a parked station wagon, woke up standing in front of it not remembering how I got there.  Three stitches under my chin, pushed my front teeth back 1/4 in.  The dentist took some pictures, told me not to bit down and said "This is going to hurt."  Stuck his thumb into my mouth and pulled those suckers right back.  Probably the only thing that kept them from breaking off & dying was my braces.  Only time I was happy to have braces.

That was when I was 16.  Haven't had any serious acciddents since then.

But I did send an acquaintance to the UTC for stitches when he wouldn't back off trying to teach me to swing a golf club . . . accidentally nailed him upside the chin and got him 4 stitches.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I have had quite a few injuries where I should have went to the hospital but didn't (one that comes to mine was about 6 square inches of 2nd degree burned skin on my wrist that kept cracking and bleeding).  It went away completely after a few months.  

The one really bad injury where I went to the hospital wasn't that bad.  I cut off the tip (like 3/4")  of my left ring finger when I fell on a ladder with it in the hinge.  I was young and I don't remember it hurting really.  They were able to re-attach it but it's not quite normal even to this day (it's shorter than the other and is hard as a rock at the tip).
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Both arms above the wrist at the same time, both ankles, left ankle twice.  Nine stiches from a dog bite to the right cheek when I was a toddler, Pinky finger left hand first bone split laterally and finger rotated 180 degrees.  Numerous cases of severe road rash when I was young trying to imitate Evel Kneivel n my bicylcle..
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn, y'all are some accident prone sob's.

Remind me not to go ANYWHERE with any of ya.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll just simplify things and state that I'm in the 400+ stitches club.  

I don't even blink anymore when they take out the needle and thread.  I've become something of a stitch connoisseur.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#18]
broken leg
both wrists
both hands
dog attack on the left thigh (needed stitches to pull it together, still left a big ass hole in my leg, damn dog had lunch!)
broken my nose several times
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Hospital and clinic time:

(from earliest to newest)

Broken collarbone
Broken finger
Sprained ankle
Dislocated kneecap x4 (two surgeries, a total of 7 days in hospital)
Concussion x2
4" cut on ankle
bad back (spasms- was in a strange spot so I thought I was having a heart attack!)
Migraines <--- easily the worst pain I've ever had, tops all others put together. Nothing else makes me want to die.
nearly cut fingertip off
Oh yeah, I had a small hernia a year and a half ago.

I think that's it. The majority of the stuff was done when I was a kid. I grew fast and often had the worst balance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd post, but it might be a CoC violation (fairly graphic )
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Kindergarten:

Fell backwards and hit my head on a wall= blood gushing out. 10 stitches.

2nd grade:
Sitting in the car waiting to leave for piano lessons. Push the cigarette lighter in, wait for a bit, pull it out, and touch it because I didn't know what it was. 2nd degree burn.

That's about it
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm Steve freakin Austin!

3 staples in skull after car crash (I've been in 3 so far)...

Blind in right eye, BB pellet when a kid...

Chrushed left foot, big toe now fused....

Two smashed teeth needing surgery to mend the mess....

Chopped most of the way through two fingers with an axe when a kid....

One gunshot wound to leg...

Blown up twice...

Smashed left leg...

Scarring to most of lower right leg....

Two ruptured disks in lower back...

Metal replacement right knee....

Metal replacement left hip, (knee needs replacing too)....

Stitches?..... hundreds!

Spent some time in the Bronx when you were a kid, I see

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Tag for exagerated stories to follow
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Stuck arm in old washing machine wringer (four years old...I still remember it)

Fx left and right metacarpals (different fights)

Dislocated left thumb (football)

Separated right shoulder (football)

Heavy road rash on arms and legs from laying MC down and sliding on street.  Damn corpsman got a big laugh using bristle brush and betadine soap to wash out pebbles!  Bled like crazy!

Huge painful abscess in lower leg.  Doc opened it up w/o anesthesia.  Ended up stuffing 21" of iodiform gauze into hole.  Two weeks in hospital.

Four stitches in chin (football)

Fx left fibula and dislocated ankle (Same time...football).  Six casts...reset once and six weeks in hospital.  Morphine and Demerol are your friends.

Concussion (football)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#27]
1. Hatchet to the leg (saw bone on that one...cool...). No hospital for miles. Folded skin back into place, held it with a Maxi-pad (super absorbent!) and wrapped Ace bandage around it. Good as new.

2. Motorcycle accident #1 - Ripped callouses off fingertips, lost chunk of skin on knee, tore up elbows, hurt neck.

3. Motorcycle accident #2 - Ditto, except no helmet this time so neck didn't hurt. Amazingly, head didn't get a scratch. Go figure.

Of these, #1 was the only serious one, and I couldn't make it to a hospital if I wanted to.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Where do I start.
Closed a knife on my right middle finger to the bone that took 10 stiches to close, I was 13 and had just learned how to sharpen a knife properly.
Removed the right side of my face on concrete in a Bike wreck, that took two rounds of Plastic surg. One was to reattach the right ear.
Fractured sturnum that hurt a lot
Fractured right ankle, tibula, fibula, and patella. That took several surgeries to fix, roller skating with the bosses daughter chasing Pie at 23.
And the one that left a big mark that didn't buff out.
My partner rolled the Ambulance at 55, while I was working on a patient.
Fractured 6 ribs one inch off the spine nerve damage of course
Also suffered 6 compression fractures of vertibras, I lost 1 1/2 inches of my total height that day and I still feel the effect to this day and that was 12 years ago.
This does not include the minor cuts that needed one or two stiches or demabond to fix.
Oh and I forgot the trip to the country Doc. when I was 11. that was to remove the bird shot from my ass.  I tresspassed on a neighbors farm. I was about 70 yards away and the farmer was trying to scare me, He missed and I had about 15 pellets in my ass. He didn't think that it would reach me. No charges filed and I got my ass beat after it healed for trespassing.

edit to add I won't even try to add the football injuries.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#29]
This contect I have a chance at.

Left knee blown out.  ACL torn and removed.  Torn cartilage.
Six months later
Right knee blown out.  ACL torn and removed.  Torn cartilage.
I year later.
Left knee again.  Removed more meat and cartilage.
1 year later
Right knee again.  Removed more meat and cartilage.
Six months later
Right knee again.  More meat and cartilage removed.
2 years later
Left knee again.  More meat and cartilage removed.

Now I'm rubbing bone to bone.

That all started 27 years ago.

Two Carpel Tunnel surgeries. One on each wrist.

Appendectomy.

1999 Blew out my back..
Micro discectomy.  Removed part of the disc at L4/l5.

2002 Blew back out again.
I had an anterior/posterior fusion.  The cut me all the way up my fat belly and unloaded my guts.  Reached thru the whole and cut what was left of my disc.  Filled the hole with cadaver bone.  Stuffed me back together.  Flipped me over and sliced me up the back.  Screwed 2 and ½ in screws into my spine to hold the titanium rods in place.

2003 I have the rods and screws taken out.

2004 at the ripe age of 44 I had 90% blockage in the main artery in my heart.  50% in all the rest.  They put a stent in “the widow maker” and sent me on my way.

Total
6 knee surgeries
2 hand/wrist surgeries
1 abdominal surgery
3 back/spine surgeries
1 heart surgery

BigHitter years are like dog years.  When you live like I do you should be dead by 50.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Full-power shot from squatdog killed me instantly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#31]
this reminds me of...

super Dave Osborne!

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Tag for exagerated stories to follow

+1

TTIWWOP!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Stitches: Head, hands, knee
Broken bones: Collarbone
Broken Bones with steel plates: Radius and Ulna (snapped in half) Humerus (shattered)
Had pins in right hand for a while (broke thumb joint)
Had the tip of pinky sewed back on once.
tinypic.com/m8e0c7.jpg
The first set of plates in the Radius and Ulna broke
tinypic.com/m8e1xg.jpg
these are the new and improved plates
tinypic.com/m8e2pj.jpg

I don't have any good pics of the humerus 'cause my camera sucks.

ouch
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#34]

hmmm.  wounds worth mentioning....

stabbed (lightly) in the head
wisdom teeth
broken heart...

all I can think of
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Epiglottitis when I was about 3 1/2. A very observant doctor saved my life by recognizing it for what it was and not just sending my mom and I home with some cough syrup.

Since then, it's only been countless cuts, scrapes, bruises and burns. No borken bones, no stitches, no stings - truly unbelievable odds, considering everything I do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#36]
7 stitches in right knee
21 stiches in left bicep
25 stitches in same place as before (fixed previous doctors fuck up)
three broken toes
2nd degree burn on right thumb (damn fireworks)
5" scar running from my right thumbnail to my wrist while playing tug-o-war with my dog
right middle finger just to the left of the bottom knuckle, punture wound from a nail

My stepdad has:
3 stitches in chin from a golf club in high school
3 staples on the back of his head
1 fractured vertabrae
Broken Elbow
torn ACL
facial reconstruction after falling from a 2 story worksite and breaking the handle off a circular saw with his face (total stitch count unknown)
1 finger partially cut off
2 other fingers sewn back on
a broken nose

He's been to the hospital enough times that they send him a newsletter
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I had some hardware taken out of my ankle 13 days ago. I asked the dr to keep the items for me and he did, Nothing exciting, just some wire and 4 rods that look like nails with the heads cut off.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I knew I was getting old when the ancient injuries make me walk like George Burns in the morning:

Broken shoulder…hit by car (1975)
Broken leg compound tib/fib…skateboarding (1984)
Broken Ankle…football (1985)
Shattered pointer finger; artificial joint…carrying sheetmetal (1985)
Broken ribs…boxing (1987)
Broken leg compound tib/fib (again)…boxing-this one hurt like hell (1993)
Gall Bladder…getting old/breathing? (2003)

And the funniest, last year; lost two teeth via a freak weed-whacker accident… it still makes me wince (and laugh) when I hear that damn wrrrrrrrr noise on Sunday mornings…h.gif
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I knew I was getting old when the ancient injuries make me walk like George Burns in the morning:

And the funniest, last year; lost two teeth via a freak weed-whacker accident… it still makes me wince (and laugh) when I hear that damn wrrrrrrrr noise on Sunday mornings…

What the heck would be funny about that??
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Shit, what do you people do that you keep getting messed up?

Only ones for me:
3 yrs. old, was trying to climb something in the bathroom and fell (of course).  Stitches to the head.

USMC recruit training, twisted knee severely and it was never the same, MRI came back negative.  End of recruit training, I fell on it again because of a jackass and did more damage... had pretty bad bursitis.
USMC School of Infantry, same damn knee again.  Would periodically lock up and couldn't be straightened.  Another MRI that came back negative.  Sports med doc was dumbfounded, which isn't saying much.  Honorable Discharge after 10 months.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#41]
mollie mcdearmon broke my heart in the 8th grade.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Dislocated patella, torn meniscus, left leg. Broke my front two teeth in half and crushed so I had them replaced. 26 stitches in the back of my head.

I played hockey.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the funniest, last year; lost two teeth via a freak weed-whacker accident… it still makes me wince (and laugh) when I hear that damn wrrrrrrrr noise on Sunday mornings…h.gif

What the heck would be funny about that??

Now that the pain is gone, and the dental bills are paid, I at least need to salvage the humor from it…
It was an embarrassing result of doing a boring chore... I have one of the industrial weed whackers with the engine at top...and long hair. I was doing under the deck, bent down a little – my hair got sucked up into the engine cooling slots like a DC-10. The 10000 RPM hair curler smacked the weed whacker into me at about mach 10, which made my head smack the crossbeam. Next thing I know I'm on the ground with a burning engine stuck pressed against my face, right above the ear (hair entangled).

I go around front, and neighbor wants to gab. I pretended I was carrying the WW on my shoulder (embarrassment), and then he saw the blood... It took several neighbors and my girlfriend an hour to try to salvage both the hair and the weed whacker. We still have pictures of the weed whacker turned Furby. I was knocked so silly, it was not until the next day I realized I had knocked out two of the bicuspids from the impacts(s).  Then = painfull + funny. Now = funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
crap it's alot, ok when I was 2 I bite a electrical cord and fried myself, melted the corner of my mouth

that is SO my new sigline
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's see what I can remember.

I got jumped by a bunch of guys once and had a long list of injuries. Being on coma watch sucks.
Concussion.
Fractured skull in two areas.
Multiple skull contusions.
Boxer fracture in my right hand.
Bruised collarbone.
Three bruised ribs.
A bruised kidney.
A fractured toe.
Broken nose.
Balls the size of base balls.

Probably more but about two weeks before and two weeks after is still cloudy.

I've also....

Broken both bones in my arm at the same time.
Broken my big toe twice.
Fractured my skull and pinched a vein in my temple. Having the vein massaged from between the two bones didn't feel good.
Too many concussions to count, a few of them being pretty severe.
Broken my arm which resulted in what the doctor called a spoon break. -^-
Broke my middle finger in a pillow fight.
Ripped a trap muscle ligament in a car wreck.
Broken my ankle.

Cuts, scrapes, burns and all of that other stuff are to common to list. Most of that stuff happened to me when I was a teenager though, so you could say I'm a little more careful now.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Burst fracture in my 19th vertebrae, 50% compression, 20% intrusion into my spinal canal.

Did it about 4 1/2 years ago.

No surgery.  Six months in a back brace, one year of limited physical activity, and I was as good as new.

No residual complications to date.  I heal well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
bump for night crew.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I cut my finger awhile back, I got a cool scar now.

I almost torn my right hamstring playing football last year, still hurts occasionly.

thats it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#49]
lol over 5000 stitches.
funny what losing your feet will get  you .
do i have the trump card with amputation
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Let's see...Where do I start? At 21, lost toes on left foot (all of them) in motorcycle accident (dirt bike) I sideswiped another rider, 26years later...Going to work, Lost it on some black ice..hit a semi head on, punctured lung, lost my spleen, smashed three ribs on my left side, pieces of which cut up my intestions, forcing surgery, like right now. They literally had to pull my intestines out and sew up any holes and repack me. It was along road back... That was 5 years ago... God, I hope I don't have any more auto accidents..I don't think I can take another one...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top