Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I answered to one of these in the GD a month or two ago

I  would do it again but it takes me too long to type it out
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
didnt we play this game a few months ago???
over last 32 years
fractured collar bone and dislocated shoulder..."71
broken nose x2 77 and 81
shrapnel, right eye and burnt cornea from fuel explosion 79
willy peter left wrist under watchband 71
shot, left arm 72
shot. head(grazed) bleed like a biotch though72
compressed fracture 6  top vertabrae 84
3 concussions 71 79 84
6 broken ribs,, 79 94
stab wound front abdomin. 84 and 4 corrective surgeries over last 2 years for torn muscles, herniation. 2003,04,05 and 1/27/06 comming up.
broke left ankle and allowed to heal on own thought it was a bad sprain 84..,,always know when it is going to rain..
shot left cheek. 73
shot right leg74
3 finges left hand broken.75
severed tendons in left foot and repaired..87
shrapnel wounds back, buttocks, thighs right arm..79
burns, thighs, groin, lower belly. didnt get the johnson thank God..79
lost most upper teeth, shot to the chin with a liquor bottle in a gentlemans disagreement in a bar 84
joints gone in feet, ankles, knees hips and lower back from jumping from perfectly good airplanes in my yout feel it every freaking day...70 thru 81
think thats it..
did I ever say my nick name was Doc???
got married for first time in 85, thought i should change my life
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Smushed nose from college hockey brawl...
edited to add.. I deserved it
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
broke hand, arm, both coller bones
compound shattered finger
concunsions
torn cornia
multi stiches in head and arm
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
right wrist
left wrist
right ankle
tailbone
right elbow- pinned & wired
lower 4 ribs left side
hyper-extended both knees-------by far the worse   the damage is done. no repair
head concusion
bruised both feet black and blue for a month
bruised both feet for two weeks
crushed left big toe ------toenail came off
slit right thumb down to the bone
cut right leg open
arthritis at 37

go-kart racing, mtn biking, bmx, & a moon bounce
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Been pretty lucky. Broken and torn the ligament in my thumb twice, sprained wrist, sprained ankle, fractured nose, VERY large tears on the right foot (two different occasions)(8 stitches), and a busted chin, 10 stitches.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Torn PCL, broken shoulder blade, broken collarbone--all at the same time
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Does a hemi count? I got a hemi.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#9]
U.S.S Indianapolis.  1944

June 29th, 1945, three and a half minutes past midnight, two torpedoes from a Japanese submarine slammed into our side.  Two or three.  We was still under sealed orders after deliverin' the bomb...the Hiroshima bomb...we was goin' back across the Pacific from Tinian to Leyte.  Damn near eleven hundred men went over the side.  The life boats was lashed down so tight to make the bomb run we couldn't cut a single one adrift. Not one.  And there was no rafts. None.

That vessel sank in twelve minutes. Yes, that's all she took. We didn't see the first shark till we'd been in the water about an hour. A thirteen-footer near enough.  A blue.  You measure that by judgin' the dorsal to the tail.  What we didn't know...of course the Captain knew...I guess some officers knew...was the bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signals was sent. What the men didn't know was that they wouldn't even list us as over-due for a week.  Well, I didn't know
that -- I wasn't an officer -- just as well perhaps.

So some of us were dead already --in the water -- just hangin' limp in our lifejackets.  And several already bleedin'.  And the three hundred or so laying on the bottom of the ocean. As the light went, the sharks came crusin'.  We formed tight groups --somewhat like squares in an old battle -- You know what I mean --so that when one come close, the man nearest would yell and shout and pound the water and sometimes it worked and the fish turned away, but other times that shark would seem to look right at a man -- right into his eyes -- and in spite of all shoutin' and poundin' you'd hear that terrible high screamin' and the ocean would go red, then churn up as they ripped him.  Then we'd reform our little squares.

By the first dawn the sharks had taken more than a hundred.  Hard for me to count but more than a
hundred.  I don't know how many sharks.  Maybe a thousand.  I do know they averaged six men an hour. All kinds -- blues, makos, tigers. All kinds.

In the middle of the second day, some of us started to go crazy from the thirst.  One fella cried out he saw a river, another claimed he saw a waterfall, some started to drink the ocean and choked on it, and some left our little groups --our little squares -- and swam off alone lookin' for islands and the sharks always took them right away. It was mainly the young fellas that did that -- the older ones stayed where they was.

That second day -- my life jacket rubbed me raw and that was more blood in the water.  Oh my.
On Thursday morning I bumped up against a friend of mine -- Herbie Robinson from Cleveland -- a bosun's mate -- it seemed he was asleep but when I reached over to waken him, he bobbed in the water and I saw his body upend because he'd been bitten in half beneath the waist.

Well Chief, so it went on -- bombers high overhead but nobody noticin' us.  Yes -- suicides, sharks, and all this goin' crazy and dyin' of thirst.

Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura swung around and came in low.  Yes.  He did that. Yes, that pilot saw us. And early evenin', a big fat PBY come down out of the sky and began the pickup.  That was when I was most frightened of all -- while I was waitin' for my turn.  Just two
and a half hours short of five days and five nights when they got to me and took me up.

Eleven hundred of us went into that ocean -- three hundred and sixteen got out.  Yeah.  Nineteen hundred and forty five.  June the 29th.

Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I answered to one of these in the GD a month or two ago

I  would do it again but it takes me too long to type it out

Awww!

I went through this whole thread looking for your reply.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I had an ingrown toenail once.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh and I forgot...

I crapped my pants in kindergarten.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
One very unheroic broken arm (right humurus, bottom -- fell on elbow, really hard). Lesson learned: don't drink and fall.

Other than that, a few stitches here and there, some torn ligaments here and there, nothing serious.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I am an accident waiting to happen.  I've had way to many stitches for my age (35) and way to many broken bones, the worst being C4,5,6,7 & T1,2,3 in a motorcycle accident in 1985.  I will however say this, I had 2 ambulance rides in the summer of 2001.  The nice folks in the Emergency Room sent me a Birthday Card that year (NO KIDDING)!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:46:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Jeeze, some of you really go out of your way when it comes to grevious bodily harm, don't you

Subdural hematoma surgery/removal when I was 4 or so...nice huge scar on my chest from that one.
Broken toe (got from kicking a foam soccerball on a carpeted floor, on my freshly cleaned room. ironic.)
Broken wrist (don't try snowboarding in a sled)
Rusty nails through my lef t hand (fell out of a tree onto a board with nails on it..it didn't hurt a bit. Not until I yanked the thing out. Not sure if the tetnus shots were worse or not.)
Broke my collarbone and seperated my shoulder playing lacrosse (same time; wicked check)
And my piece' de resistance...

Other than the usual nicks, bruises, etc...nothing really major. My shins are mostly all scar tissue from soccer; my fingers are mostly all scar tissue from life in general...*shrug*
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Sister pushed me off the porch and into a bush at 8 - 6" Scar on calf. No stitches.

While running through the woods at 10, tripped and landed wrist first into a piece of broken glass. The wound was between both arteries. I missed death by about 2mm. Still got the scar, no stitches either.

Thought it was a good idea to try and shoot a stick out of a slingshot like a missle - 1" scar between thumb and first finger.

1997. Hit piece of metal with a hatchet by accident. Went down to the bone, along with filling it with rust, along the length of my right middle finger. Stitches, 3" scar, and ridgeline growing in the middle of my fingernail. It still gives me shivers today when I think how painful it was when the doc lidocained my finger and went picking for the rust shards. It was numb but I could still feel him picking at the bone.

Chicken Pox scar - 1991 - L Arm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Stitches on both sides of my head. Almost matching.  Where my horns used to be.
Stitches on my left knee. Accident with a Ka-Bar.  Got to see what my bone looked like.
Stictches from a herniaplasty, removal of an inguinal hernia.
Stitches and scar on my face/neck from a paratidectomy.  Removal of the parotid gland (a large salivary gland), and the synovial sarcoma (a type of cancer) tumor that was growing there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top