BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, it's kind of hard to correct him when he is giving me a shitload of ammo. I was just a little put off about him lying to me. But I figure it was to either impress me or to CYA in case I was spotted with it. From what I can tell there is no difference from his box to that which is commercially available.

Let me get this straight.  Some guy (Who probably considers you a friend.)  Gives you a "shitload"  of ammo (How much is a shitload?  Couple hundred bucks?)

Then you rush straight to the internet to slam him over a nonsense comment?

And these asshats wonder why most cops only have cop friends....here is fine of example of exactly why.

Combatvet....you are a backstabbing bastard and if the officer was truly your friend you should have talked the issue out with him instead of running over here to let us know what a pathetic piece of shit you are.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Some of that ammo is supposed to be for LE only for various reasons.

like what? calling it "lawman"

and let me guess, I'm wrong for having winchester "RANGER!" SXT ammo, and not carrying a badge and a sense of superiority at all times

Jesus man!  Don't let Chuck hear that!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

#2 This is scary for us "civilians" who own guns, because unlike some gun store commando...some overzealous, know it all LEO may find one of us out there with a box of "Lawman" ammo, and decide to arrest us. Or worse....

I know, I know...if confronted with that situation, just bend over and take it, it'll all get straightened out in the courts......

That is my main concern when I hear about situations like this. There are more than a few out there that would have doubts about a non-LEO owning mags marked "LE/Gov't use only". My neighbor is po-dunk city PD and I was showing him an AR and my WASR awhile back, first words out of his mouth are "cool machine guns, I've never shot full-auto" then he asked about the AR mags marked "LE/Gov't use only" Nice guy (about got him talked into ordering a lower and I'll help him put together a kit) but knows pretty much nothing about firearms except how to operate what he carries and their shotguns. There are some LEOs that don't know the firearms laws but think they do,  those are the ones that I keep in mind.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I was beginning to wonder if it was a "who's cock is bigger" contest and he was just upping the stakes
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, it's kind of hard to correct him when he is giving me a shitload of ammo. I was just a little put off about him lying to me. But I figure it was to either impress me or to CYA in case I was spotted with it. From what I can tell there is no difference from his box to that which is commercially available.

Let me get this straight.  Some guy (Who probably considers you a friend.)  Gives you a "shitload"  of ammo (How much is a shitload?  Couple hundred bucks?)

And these asshats wonder why most cops only have cop friends....here is fine of example of exactly why.

Combatvet....you are a backstabbing bastard and if the officer was truly your friend you should have talked the issue out with him instead of running over here to let us know what a pathetic piece of shit you are.

Don't be GHEY!

Must be in law enforcement....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By OLNACL:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Johninaustin's troll account I presume?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What I don't get is he is a state L.E.O and been in L.E. for quite some time. Was he trying to impress me?

He's the same guy that told me I over lube my SIG.

Because he thinks that just because he wears a badge that he knows EVERTHING that has to do with the law.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Had the stones to tell me that Speer Lawman TMJ ammo is restricted for use by Law Enforcement only and is not available to civies. I wanted to raise the B.S. flag but decided against it.

Where do they get this shit from?

Did you remind him that he is a "civie"?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Calling it "Lawman" means he can use it to shoot through a door at an unknown target and get a pass.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Had the stones to tell me that Speer Lawman TMJ ammo is restricted for use by Law Enforcement only and is not available to civies. I wanted to raise the B.S. flag but decided against it.

I think most of us have heard that kinda crap at one point or another. No big deal. Let the fool think what he wishes no skin off our backsides.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont see where he backstabbed anyone.He could have just embarrased the guy by telling him he's full of b.s.Kind of why the internet is a good place to discuss things, staying anonymous.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well, granted I don't know exactly how it works....but say a LEO stops you, sees a box of "Lawman" ammo on your seat, and proceeds to pull you out and cuff you, then tells you your going downtown, because you possess a box of LEO only ammo, and you ain't one.

I know I'd be all like "WTF, are you nuts?" which would probably lead to said overzealous cop wiping the road with my face like I'm a 100lb Derby skate chick....

But in any case..."It would get straightened out in court" yeah, thats a a mind easer. So now I lose time at work, have to get a lawyer, etc, etc, which i will not get re-imbursed for. And the public embarassment which after it gets thrown out, no one will say anything about...

Fuck that. A LEO should know enough that "Lawman" ammo does not mean LEO only.....

ETA Granted I would think chances of something like that happening are slim to none. But it is a good example...."Lawman" ammo is LEO only.....AR-15's are illegal....not much of a jump, I have seen LEO's who thought AR's were illegal, and we have all heard stories...

The restricted ammo SAYS "restricted ammo" on the box. Lawman is simply a brand name, no  more restricted than Hornady TAP started out being, although Hornady eventually TRIED to limit TAP to LE-only. Another one that comes to my mind was a brand that was commercially sold about 15 years ago for pin shooters called "Pin Grabbers". Anyone remember those? The company also sold a LE restricted version they called " Law Grabbers" tha they advertised sort of heavily in the LE magazines at the time. I never figured out why, because it seemed to be the EXACT same round as the Pin Grabber. I always thought it was setting folks up for failure, if some guy acually was nuts enough to carry the Pin Grabber round as self defense ammo ( it had some MAJOR serrations on he nose of the round ...I was always wondering what some jury would think if a lawyer held up one of THOSE rounds up in court after a shooting involving the round...but once again, thas another thread..) and then get stopped by some LEO who only knew the round as Law Grabber......there was no visible difference between the rounds once out of the box.

The older truly restricted ammo was often restricted because of the pressures involved, back when not much factory ammo was +P+. Some of you younger guys may not appreciate how far factory defense ammo has come in the last 25 years. But thats another thread.

I would highly doubt that the case would actually get to court. As I said, theres no charge to cite you under; no charge= no court appearance. I simply mentioned court as the final check on anything actually coming of the incident. All you'd have to do is pay the DAs office a visit before court with some educational material  on the ammo in question, talk to the appropriate ADA and the case would get dropped ASAP, I bet. If it was like around here, half your ADAs would be shooters anyway and know what the deal was.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Johninaustin's troll account I presume?

Nope, you presume wrong. Just another officer on here who is getting tired of the constant bashing and sees no need to be polite to asshats like you any longer. Especially someone who is too cowardly to talk to his friend about a possible misperception of what "LE only" means on a box of ammo but has no problem coming onto an internet board and slamming him....AFTER taking the ammo. If you were a man of principle you would have refused the ammo if his comments upset your tender little feeling so much....but you didn't and then came on here and showed your true colors.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd show mine my G17LEO mags and ask him nicely not to shoot my dog.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#17]
No problem, I've made my point. Nothing more to see here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
CV said it is dead, so I am out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Brave Sir Robin, he ran away, he ran away
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the LEO's call us the shit stirrers....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Most of the time its applicable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Does the side of the box say "kills dogs deader than shit"?

No, it's the one you send in 5 box tops for a Krispy Kreme coupon.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot , meet Kettle.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot , meet Kettle.

Hardly. I consider the souce of the post I am replying to. I am sorry, were you actually SAYING anything significant? How often does an LEO here actually respond with a reasoned response and they get jumped on? All the time.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't telling a lie? Maybe, just maye he did not know any better?

+1

It's like my dad, a retired cop, telling me I don't need hollow points in my .45 because it's so big.

I told him, that's OK.  They shoot fine in it and I feel better using them.

I didn't feel like bringing up a bunch of ballistics data because it's not going to help and it's just going to get us both all annoyed.

And either way, he's my dad, so I still like him.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please find me a thread that an officer has started that was created for the sole reason to attack a non LEO (like this thread)....please., try and find one. You can't....but I can find one almost every day that was started for the sole purpose of attacking and denigrating officers.

So, yes....you are shit stirrers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
As long as you don't try to get cute and buy our marked "LEO only" bore brushes and buffer springs, we cool.

I have some earplugs in my garage marked "For Law Enforcement Use."  I bought a whole case because I figured if they're for Law Enforcement use, they must be better than the non-LE ones I can get elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot , meet Kettle.

Hardly. I consider the souce of the post I am replying to. I am sorry, were you actually SAYING anything significant? How often does an LEO here actually respond with a reasoned in their minds response and they get jumped on? All the time.

There, fixed it for you....

So you're saying I'm an asshole cause I don't toe the line, and ask what I feel is legitimate questions? Sorry, but I don't rcall a time when my posts with LEO's on here has ever broken down into name calling on my part. You may think what people bring up here is tinfoil thinking, but you('re) entitled (I hate that word) have the right to an opinion just as everyone else here, including me.

However, I have noticed many LEO's jump on the name calling pretty quickly...probably because someone dared to "Question their authoritahhh"
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please find me a thread that an officer has started that was created for the sole reason to attack a non LEO (like this thread)....please., try and find one. You can't....but I can find one almost every day that was started for the sole purpose of attacking and denigrating officers.

I don't see this thread as started to attack LEO's....I see it to show what a dumbass someone was, who happened to be a LEO...who should know better. I honestly don't think he was lying, he really probably believed that....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
[

So you're saying I'm an asshole cause I don't toe the line, and ask what I feel is legitimate questions? Sorry, but I don't rcall a time when my posts with LEO's on here has ever broken down into name calling on my part. You may think what people bring up here is tinfoil thinking, but you('re) entitled (I hate that word) have the right to an opinion just as everyone else here, including me.

However, I have noticed many LEO's jump on the name calling pretty quickly...probably because someone dared to "Question their authoritahhh"

Did I call you an asshole? Have I EVER called anyone here an asshole? No.

I don't have a problem wih questions, but then the crowd often  starts tearing the answer and poster apart and arguing about how wrong the LE answer and poster are.

I don't see the LEOs being the ones to start with the name calling; you are entitled to your view.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I honestly don't think he was lying, he really probably believed that....

This is probably the case, but the tin foil hat types insist on seeing conspiracy in everything.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't see this thread as started to attack LEO's....I see it to show what a dumbass someone was, who happened to be a LEO...who should know better. I honestly don't think he was lying, he really probably believed that....

If the OP had meant this post to be a derogratory comment on a lack of knowledge of a friend of his who just happens to be a LEO then why was it ended with "Where do they get this shit from" instead of using the word he? Since the OP ran away I guess we will never know, wiil we?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

I don't have a problem wih questions, but then the crowd often  starts tearing the answer and poster apart and arguing about how wrong the LE answer and poster are.

I don't see the LEOs being the ones to start with the name calling; you are entitled to your view.

Well, maybe I was hyperbolizing a bit...but this part:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot , meet Kettle.

Hardly. I consider the souce of the post I am replying to. I am sorry, were you actually SAYING anything significant? How often does an LEO here actually respond with a reasoned response and they get jumped on? All the time.

Made me believe you were taking a jab at me personally because I tend to end up in these shitstorms....

I do not recall you ever resorting to name calling, but I do for others, on both sides. I usually try not to let my exasperation or anger at a post get my goat. Reasoned, well thought discussion usually leads to better results...but things have a tendency to go south around here a lot.

For example, posted by a LEO on this thread:

Your honor, the defense rests....

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

He's pulling your chain.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Made me believe you were taking a jab at me personally because I tend to end up in these shitstorms....

Actually, I was replying to Cynic.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Well, maybe I was hyperbolizing a bit...but this part:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot , meet Kettle.

I do not recall you ever resorting to name calling, but I do for others, on both sides. I usually try not to let my exasperation or anger at a post get my goat. Reasoned, well thought discussion usually leads to better results...but things have a tendency to go south around here a lot.

For example, posted by a LEO on this thread:

Your honor, the defense rests....

I just calls it as I sees it. With all of the blatant hostility towards officers on here, despite attempts at calm reasoned answers on our part, I see no reason to be polite any longer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#37]
The cop is sort of half-right.   Manufacturers need to pay excise tax on all ammo they produce for civilian sales.   They don't need to pay it on ammo for LEO's.   So... some ammo is marked LEO use only - typically the 50 round boxes.   Not really illegal for civilian possession, but technically retailers aren't supposed to sell it to civvies, as the appropriate taxes have not been paid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Show him a box of speer 147 gr Gold dots (in the lawman box) that has printed on the side "NOT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT USE" !!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

By standing too close to you.  You're stupidity is contagious.  

He probably is banging your wife.  But don't worry I'm sure he's paying the going rate.  Wouldn't want him to be taking advantage of his badge.  She is splitting the profits with you isn't she?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I just calls it as I sees it. With all of the blatant hostility towards officers on here, despite attempts at calm reasoned answers on our part, I see no reason to be polite any longer.

Well, I would hope you would try to answer a poster at least in the manner he answered you...if someone responds to me and calls me names, while I try to refrain from doing the same, I do slip.

But I still think its bad form to start off that way.

Again, I would think in this case, the LEO in question probably believed what he said and wasn't being malicious. However when it comes to things like this, LEO's SHOULD be more careful.

We have all heard stories of people detained and weapons taken (even for a short time) because a LEO saw an individual with an EBR and automatically thought "That must be illegal". It would seriously piss me off if I was detained and my weapon manhandled or mistreated because a LEO "thought" something was illegal, or just plain didn't like the fact I owned it.

And we have all see the poor weapon handling and knowledge of SOME LEO's on cops, some of it down right laughable. Not to mention guns in question falling off hoods and clattering to the road. Would you not be pissed of someone took your $2,000 weapon say, and gave it some road rash because they don't care?

But as I stated before...LEO's are just people (although some do not believe that) with the same failings as people. Not all are gun nuts and know the difference between Gold Dots and Golden Sabres....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I would hope you would try to answer a poster at least in the manner he answered you...if someone responds to me and calls me names, while I try to refrain from doing the same, I do slip.

But I still think its bad form to start off that way.

Again, I would think in this case, the LEO in question probably believed what he said and wasn't being malicious. However when it comes to things like this, LEO's SHOULD be more careful.

We have all heard stories of people detained and weapons taken (even for a short time) because a LEO saw an individual with an EBR and automatically thought "That must be illegal". It would seriously piss me off if I was detained and my weapon manhandled or mistreated because a LEO "thought" something was illegal, or just plain didn't like the fact I owned it.

And we have all see the poor weapon handling and knowledge of SOME LEO's on cops, some of it down right laughable. Not to mention guns in question falling off hoods and clattering to the road. Would you not be pissed of someone took your $2,000 weapon say, and gave it some road rash because they don't care?

But as I stated before...LEO's are just people (although some do not believe that) with the same failings as people. Not all are gun nuts and know the difference between Gold Dots and Golden Sabres....

And after 14 years as an officer I have plenty of stories about idiot civilians....as does every other officer on here but you do not see us denigrating them at every opportunity, do you?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
And after 14 years as an officer I have plenty of stories about idiot civilians....as does every other officer on here but you do not see us denigrating them at every opportunity, do you?

Oh, sorry, sir, this mere plebian subject will now STFU....

Quoted:

By standing too close to you. You're stupidity is contagious.

He probably is banging your wife. But don't worry I'm sure he's paying the going rate. Wouldn't want him to be taking advantage of his badge. She is splitting the profits with you isn't she?

Another poster LEO for goodwill between LEO's and "civilians"....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#43]
The Speer lawman 165gr .40S&W FMJ were some of the best rounds that I have ever shot.  Local gunshop went out of business bout 8 boxes for $6.50.  To bad I shot it up.  Would have made great SHTF ammo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Well this thread turned into a train wreck.

IBTL

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Well this thread turned into a train wreck.
IBTL

+1

Where'd this come from?

Quoted:

Quoted:

By standing too close to you.  You're stupidity is contagious.  

He probably is banging your wife.  But don't worry I'm sure he's paying the going rate.  Wouldn't want him to be taking advantage of his badge.  She is splitting the profits with you isn't she?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Pissing/Moaning/Shit-Slinging contest.  (*sigh*)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top