Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 9:09:11 AM EDT
To go along with the Mexican army defiant post, I figured I'd ask. Have any of you considered joining up with the minute men for a spell? Have you actually joined? Would if you could etc etc etc. Know any one that has?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I considered Ranch Rescue first but after some cautionary tales from ArfComers decided to hold off plus couldn't really afford the trip to Arizona.

Would NOT have a problem joining with the MinuteMen but still can't afford to get there
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I would venture to say that a great number more people would like to participate than actually can participate due to work obligations, family obligations, etc.  If it was just a matter of going on down they'd probably get a million volunteers in a month.

Then of course you have a certain, though smaller, percentage that can't sober up long enough, have phobias about the desert, are afraid of scorpions, get sunburned too easily, are afflicted with narcolepsy, are institutionalized (the most rapidly growing segment of the Arfcom demographic), can't get away from the halfway house, etc.

You know.

We'd all LIKE to, but...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I considered Ranch Rescue first but after some cautionary tales from ArfComers decided to hold off plus couldn't really afford the trip to Arizona.

wow, what did I miss?  I had a really good opinion of these guys...  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#4]
yes......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I would need some more training( tracking and E&E) and have be more pysically fit to feel comfortable down there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd prefer to join an armed contingent of citizens hell-bent on closing our border with tacit approval from our government. I bet that would probably get it done pretty damn quick.

But...I'll take what I can get. Too bad that whole job and family and monthly bills thing is getting in the way right now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:33:37 AM EDT
[#7]
if i had the time, and cash to get there, ya.. sounds fun..
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]
If I lived in the area and could carry I would.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#9]

i plan on spending my vacation like that when i finally am eligible FOR vacation (new job...) this coming spring.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow, what did I miss?  I had a really good opinion of these guys...  

It wasnt so much to do with Ranch Rescue, it was the investigations/interrogations of the Feds of RR participants that came afterward. Probably due to catering to minority and special interest groups opposed to closing the border
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:48:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I certainly would like to, but living in Wisconsin, it's not like I can drive down for a weekend.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:03:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By Echo_Hotel
I would venture to say that a great number more people would like to participate than actually can participate due to work obligations, family obligations, etc.

That's my situation. It would be real tough for me to find enough time in this point in my life. Nothing bad, just a lot of responsibilities right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top