Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, and if I recall correctly, the other Greeks with the Spartans were Thebans..........who later surrendered to the Persians after they were captured

Quoted:

Quoted:
In addition to the 300, there were between 4-7,000 Greeks at the battle.

I was a little disappointed to see bare chested Greeks sans breastplates and greaves in the stills. More comic book than historic garb....oh well, I'll see it anyway, I'm sure.

4,000 Greeks from various cities were with the 300 Spartans as they marched to Thermopylae.  Leonidas sent most of them away when the secret pass was revealed.  He allowed 700 Thespians to remain with the Spartans.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Any idea when it's scheduled to be released ?
Gates of Fire and the graphic novel were excellent !!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They could have held out longer if they hadn't been flanked by the persians.

IIRC, a traitor showed the Persians a way around the defenders and they were flanked.

They had democrats back then too?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They could have held out longer if they hadn't been flanked by the persians.

IIRC, a traitor showed the Persians a way around the defenders and they were flanked.

They had democrats back then too?

I was thinking Geraldo, but hey -- whatever works.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yep, and if I recall correctly, the other Greeks with the Spartans were Thebans..........who later surrendered to the Persians after they were captured

Quoted:

Quoted:
In addition to the 300, there were between 4-7,000 Greeks at the battle.

I was a little disappointed to see bare chested Greeks sans breastplates and greaves in the stills. More comic book than historic garb....oh well, I'll see it anyway, I'm sure.

4,000 Greeks from various cities were with the 300 Spartans as they marched to Thermopylae.  Leonidas sent most of them away when the secret pass was revealed.  He allowed 700 Thespians to remain with the Spartans.

IIRC, there were also Thracians with them.  I may be confounding things here, but I thought he sort of "made" the Thespians stay with him (damn, actors must've always been cowards ), and the Thracians got to stay because, well, there wasn't going to be any talking them out of a fight.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]

CooL !
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The rest of the Greek world didn't really liked the Spartans, and considered them a bit "queer".

All Greeks were a bit queer back then.  The Spartans weren't liked because they could bitch-slap anyone they wanted to.  

They were also queer because, well, they had sex with boys.

At least they weren't ghey cowboys.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top