Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:36:58 PM EDT
BRADY CAMPAIGN PRAISES GOVERNOR BLAGOJEVICH FOR STANDING UP TO SPECIAL INTERESTS AND PROTECTING THE PEOPLE OF ILLINOIS
For Immediate Release:
01-18-2006 Contact Communications:
(202) 898-0792
Springfield, IL - Jim Brady, Chair of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement.

“A big thumbs up to Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, who used today’s State of the State address to make it clear that he’ll continue to stand up for the families and children of Illinois, and stand up to the gun lobby.

“Along with Chicago Mayor Richard Daley and many state legislators, Governor Blagojevich has made it clear that protecting our children from AK-47s and Uzis is more important than currying the political favor of the gun lobby. The Governor has chosen to side with the angels, and the people of Illinois should be very grateful.

“The Brady Campaign was honored to have two of our activists, Tom Vanden Berk and Jennifer Bishop, be invited as special guests of the Governor, along with our great friend Thom Mennard from the Illinois Council against Handgun Violence. Governor Blagojevich has pledged he’ll fight to keep Illinois familes safe - and we promise we’ll join him in that fight.”

# # #

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:43:07 PM EDT
ak47s and uzi's have the ability to harm peopel? i thought they wre just objects, i could of sworn people are the ones that do the harm, be it drugs, alchohol, knives, rape, \

people are the ones with the responsibiity
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:53:25 PM EDT
Why hasn't anyone come up with a way to send "reverse donations" to a non-profit?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:56:18 PM EDT
when will people understand that a gun is just a tool, and the blame lies with dumbass people, not gun companies or lawful shooters?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:56:25 PM EDT
Jim and Sarah Brady should have to get their mouths registered as weapons of mass deception.

Wish I could figure out a way to make a living by telling lies. Oh, I forgot -- I have morals.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:57:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mr_camera_man:
Why hasn't anyone come up with a way to send "reverse donations" to a non-profit?

Find an envelope they use to collect donations, (One of those postage paid by the addressee ones)

tape it to a box as a shipping label. Fill box with rocks, bricks, etc.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
and how can they use the North Hollywood shoot out as an example at why the laws should stay? They were illeagally converted FA. The law keeping me from buying a registered full auto really stopped them from getting illgegal ones, huh? Gun laws work SO well...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:00:46 PM EDT
I wonder who is in the video of the guys at the range? I wonder if they could sue them for using their image without permission?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:01:22 PM EDT
FOR GODS SAKE, IF CRIMINALS DON"T CARE ABOUT AN FA BAN< WHO DOES IT HELP!?!?! I DOUBT THEY BOUGHT THOSE IN A DAMN STORE...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:01:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Krazny13:

Find an envelope they use to collect donations, (One of those postage paid by the addressee ones)

I like it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:02:13 PM EDT
Send them a donation of electrical box knock outs...........

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:03:09 PM EDT
Funny how they describe the gun lobby as special interest and then praise the gov and he invites their lobbyists to hang out with him. Isn't that the definition of buying political power?

These people literally make me sick
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:05:20 PM EDT

They have, postage paid envelopes filled with lead foil.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:07:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:

I like it.

Sadly, it's not enough. Maybe I should tape the envelope to the side of a 20' dumpster, so it'll cost them at least a few grand. If all of us get together and do that, it could eventually shut them up!
Top Top