Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2001 4:47:42 AM EDT
I already know the background over why they have been fighting for so long and all of that.  What I want to know is, am I the only who doesn't give a rats ass what happens over there?

The way I look at it, we need to fight our own battles and keep our nose out of other countries business.  If Israel wants to send helicopter gunships to blow the piss out of a Palestinian retirement home, that's fine with me.  If Palestine wants to send a suicide bomber into an Israeli library, that's fine with me too.

That might sound cold, but the way I look at it they have to fight their own battles.  Does it suck that innocent people are killed, of course it does.  But how many people die around the world from disease, starvation, etc every day?  We cant save everyone from everything and that's just the way it is.  

So if they want to keep killing off each other at a pace 5 a week, that sucks but its not the United States or any other countries business to step in.  Until Palestine or Israel gets the stones to actually go all out, and go after what they want there is no way this is going to end, regardless of who tries to stop it.  Period.  Just like Bosnia and Serbia.

So what do you think?  Do I just not get it, or am I just a cold hearted SOB for not caring?
Link Posted: 8/8/2001 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Look--Political assasination has never really been successful...remember when the USA bombed Libya in hopes of smashing that f*&^KHead Quakidaffi?

Castro?  Didn't we try to assasinate him a few times?  Never works...why...cos You nevah know who gonna take his place!  Africa (Uganda)...Idi Amin killed lotsa peeoples, then his successor killed a few more.  

Whats the big deal?  Isreal is weakening the Palistinian Hamas by pre emting with those assasinations while the other faction gets stronger...hell it's a mess.  

This is the end, my friend....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top