Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 9:42:32 AM EDT
Apparently it's happended here quite a few times too. Gee WTF won't the Dept. of Homeland Security address this problem???

See story here...sun.yumasun.com/artman/publish/articles/story_21752.php

Mexican military crosses line

FROM STAFF AND AP REPORTS
Jan 17, 2006, 9:22 pm

Members of the Mexican military have crossed into the United States in the Yuma area 24 times during the past nine years, according to a newspaper report.

The Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reported that there have been 216 incursions into the United States by Mexican soldiers since 1996, citing a Department of Homeland Security document the paper obtained.

The document said 63 of the crossings were in the U.S. Border Patrol's Tucson and Yuma sectors, with 24 of those occurring in the Yuma sector. The Yuma sector extends from the southeasternmost corner of California to the Yuma-Pima County line, where the Tucson sector begins.

Homeland Security spokeswoman Kristi Clemens told the newspaper in a story published Sunday that the department is ‘‘determined to gain control of the border and will continue to collaborate with our partners on the border.’’ She would not confirm the number of crossings.

U.S. Border Patrol officials in the Yuma sector and in Washington, D.C., did not speak for this story. A Border Patrol official in Washington said comments could only come from the Department of Homeland Security.

Border Patrol forwarded a request by The Sun for comment to DHS, but the message was not returned.

The Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, which manages the Barry M. Goldwater Range that borders Mexico, said it had no statistics on incursions on the range by the Mexican military.

Hugo Oliva, the Mexican consul in Yuma, could not be reached for comment.

A Mexican government spokesman denied that there had been any incursions by military personnel in recent years.

‘‘I have no reports of them crossing into the United States,’’ said Rafael Laveaga, spokesman for the Mexican embassy in Washington, D.C.

Laveaga said reported sightings of Mexican military could be either soldiers who were lost or smugglers who wore fake uniforms.

The document said that 58 of the crossings were around El Centro, 17 were in San Diego County, and that the balance were in Texas, with 33 of those in the El Paso sector.

ETA: to add story....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly the way I view it, foreign military crossing the border is not a USBP problem, it's a USA, USMC, and USAF problem
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing will be done because Vicente Fox told GWB to shut up and take it.
That and GWB panders to the aztlaners for votes every chance he gets.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not advocating this, but I would be really curious to see if a US court could convict a US citizen of murder for shooting at Mexican military units that were operating on US soil.  At the very least, it would be the first time anyone has gotten to use the "I was repelling an invasion" defense...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]
With the guard patrolling Iraqi's borders Bush has to come up with another one of his smart plans.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not advocating this, but I would be really curious to see if a US court could convict a US citizen of murder for shooting at Mexican military units that were operating on US soil.  At the very least, it would be the first time anyone has gotten to use the "I was repelling an invasion" defense...

+1 million!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I want to be in the courtroom for that.

Unfortunately, I foresee, at some time in the future, that there WILL be a clash between border patrol agents and Mexican Army regulars, and guess what, those army guys will have rifles against some shotguns and handguns. What's going to happen, some American is going to get dead because of it, and all hell (hopefully) will break loose in the American public. Maybe(!?) the n, something will happen with border. I just hate that an American and ten will have to lose their lives before it happens.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, I foresee, at some time in the future, that there WILL be a clash between border patrol agents and Mexican Army regulars, and guess what, those army guys will have rifles against some shotguns and handguns. What's going to happen, some American is going to get dead because of it, and all hell (hopefully) will break loose in the American public. Maybe(!?) the n, something will happen with border. I just hate that an American and ten will have to lose their lives before it happens.

I want to be on the jury for that!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather still be out shooting at Mexican Troops...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm applying to border patrol this fall.
They got a new handgun (HK P2000 in .40) and select fire M4s are readily available for BP guys to check out for patrol.
So, BP will not be so underarmed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#10]
What will the BP use against armored vehicles, TOW missles, etc.?  It's a military issue.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What will the BP use against armored vehicles, TOW missles, etc.?  It's a military issue.

I seriously doubt these random incursions have reached that point, yet, but it's definitely something to think about.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

‘‘I have no reports of them crossing into the United States,’’ said Rafael Laveaga, spokesman for the Mexican embassy in Washington, D.C.

Well, that settles it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I seriously doubt these random incursions have reached that point, yet, but it's definitely something to think about.

BP militia man sounds like a great summer job.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

..............................I'm applying to border patrol this fall.
They got a new handgun (HK P2000 in .40 ) and select fire M4s are readily available for BP guys to check out for patrol.

SEE! Proof positive .gov isn't serious about controling the border!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Since many of our Mexican-American troops have dual-citizenship they could/would be tried as traitors by the Mexicans if taken prisoner.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]
b-i-l of one of my co-workers was BP for awhile and has since moved on up in the fed. law enforcement chain.  
When he was working BP, he and several other rookie BPs were patrolling the border (forgot which state, and some of the finer details).  Iirc there were 4-6 BP doing a patrol on some of the smaller roads/trails and evidently they crossed over onto the Mex. side (no map or bad map) and were stopped by Mex. Federales who promply drew down on them demanding their weapons.  They indentified theirselves as BP and refused to give up their weapons; which led to a precarious situation.  They agreed to follow the Federales back to the Mex. station so that they could get this incident ironed out.  They were locked up in pairs with their sidearms and then at least two guys were coerced to give up their weapons.  Phone calls were made and eventually they were released only to receive an ass chewing from some numb nuts that wouldn't back them up.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm applying to border patrol this fall.
They got a new handgun (HK P2000 in .40) and select fire M4s are readily available for BP guys to check out for patrol.

When you get to the academy in Artesia, ask for the Sand Pirate.  I'll be giving your body armor brief, and teaching you how to use your P2000/M4/870.

Oh, and don't show up out of shape, or you will make me a sad panda.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's assuming you hear about it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sounds absurdly funny.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Since many of our Mexican-American troops have dual-citizenship they could/would be tried as traitors by the Mexicans if taken prisoner.

I'm sorry but this has got to be in the top 5 stupid things I have ever read here.  OK OK that's not fair. it's in the top 2.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I seriously doubt these random incursions have reached that point, yet, but it's definitely something to think about.hinking.gif

WRONG!! 2-3 yrs ago two Mexican millitary jeeps loaded with at leat 4 in each jeep crossed the border and came at a lone border patrol agent. 2 miles inside the border they fired at him repeatedly!!!! I can't figure out how he lived. I'm sure it's all because of the bounty the drug lords have put on bp agents heads. Mr. Fox claimed they didn't know they were on the U.S. side (B.S.!!!!)

I totally agree that this is a military situation!! A few air-ground missles taking out the out of bounds millitary should show them how to learn where the border is!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Gee WTF won't the Dept. of Homeland Security address this problem???

The BIG unanswered question of my life.

I would think any and all US .Gov officials would be concerned about the security of its citizens - first and foremost.

What I think will eventually happen is that US folks will move north.  Some will stay behind, lost their jobs, be labeled vigilantes then terrorists (guerilla warfare), US citizens will be arrested, etc.

And eventually, Mexico will ge their Assland back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:35:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would rather still be out shooting at Mexican Troops...

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Read "Civil War Two", by Thomas Chittum.  Written in 1994 (I think) and much of what he predicted hs come to pass, or is happening right now.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:41:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sadly the way I view it, foreign military crossing the border is not a USBP problem, it's a USA, USMC, and USAF problem

damn straight
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:44:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gee WTF won't the Dept. of Homeland Security address this problem???

The BIG unanswered question of my life.

I would think any and all US .Gov officials would be concerned about the security of its citizens - first and foremost.

What I think will eventually happen is that US folks will move north.  Some will stay behind, lost their jobs, be labeled vigilantes then terrorists (guerilla warfare), US citizens will be arrested, etc.

And eventually, Mexico will ge their Assland back.

Most US .Gov officials see us as subjects that need to be kept in line rather than citizens needing protection and security. As proof, examine our highest levels of .cov when the Militia Men announced their patrols. Rice made a visit to the mexican capital to hold hands with fox to reasure that the 'Full and Mighty weight of the Federal government would come down on anyone getting out of line." I believe Bush even called them bigoted vigilates. I wouldn't be suprised if the leadership of any anti-illegal group is on a list somewhere as 'persons of interest'.

Side note: Wasn't there a guy down there that was jailed on bogus charges and denied his dibetic medicines and proper diet while he was falsy imprisoned. The clear message is that our own elected .gov wants the NAFTA and it's follow up agreements to unite the Western Hemisphere. The message seems to be clear, if you don't get with the program there will be hell to pay.

The white flight from the southwest will assuredly happen (if it hasn't happened or started already) as it has in the urban areas. However, how do you run from illegals when they are everywhere? Where can you go that doesn't already have significant illegal popultions?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#27]
if anyone watched lou dobbs on cnn you'd know the bush admin has officially told the bp and ice to "go soft" on border control/illegal alien issues...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Side note: Wasn't there a guy down there that was jailed on bogus charges and denied his dibetic medicines and proper diet while he was falsy imprisoned.

Unfortunately, I know WAY too much about this.

Bullet statements because I'm tired.

1.  I was in Ranch Rescue for a bit, and got dragged into this shit.
2.  The guy you're referring to was also a member of Ranch Rescue.
3.  Allegedly, he beat some illegals.  I wasn't there when he allegedly did this.  The jury was hung.
4.  He is a conviceted felon from California.
5.  He is serving 5 yrs here in TX for 'felon with a gun' - whatever the proper terminology is...
6.  His ranch in AZ (or was in NM...pretty sure it was AZ) was GIVEN - and I mean taken from his posession and fucking GIVEN to the illegal aliens he allegedly beat.
7.  I was subponead by the SPLC, and had to answer questions to Dees for 2.5 hours or so.
8.  Ken Jurecke (sp) of US News And World Report took a ton of pics one day of us at a ranch.  Another author wrote the article - it made it to print.
9.  Medications were NOT held from this guy.  
10. This guy also screamed 'they put me in solitary!'  The LEOs did that because he was telling other prisoners he was a retired LEO of some sort - can't remember if it was a Sheriff, BP, etc - and they eventually would hurt him

That gives you enough information to find the exact name.

EDIT: #3 because I'm freaking tired.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top