BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:37:42 AM EDT
Link

Woman Poses Naked on Car at Auto Show Wed Jan 18, 8:57 AM ET

City officials are trying to figure out how a woman sneaked into the North American International Auto Show after closing time to pose naked atop the new Dodge Challenger.

It happened around 2:30 a.m. Monday when only workers and security guards were supposed to be inside Cobo Center.

Guards found the woman and about a dozen gawkers taking photographs with camera phones, workers told The Detroit News.

"We heard they were all over the Challenger," said Jason Vines, a spokesman for the Chrysler Group, which earlier had tried to give its cars more sex appeal by bringing in fully clothed "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria to pose at its exhibit.

Cobo Director Glenn Blanton said disciplinary action will be taken if employees were involved in the security breach.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#3]
This thread is worthless without pics!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Pics!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Pics will be along shortly, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Even a link to pictures would work.

Lifesaver
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#7]
it was a planned publicity stunt by DCX
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys suck!!!, you list naked chic on exotic car and have no pics!!! Why????
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Link

City officials are trying to figure out how a woman sneaked into the North American International Auto Show after closing time to pose naked atop the new Dodge Challenger.

It happened around 2:30 a.m. Monday when only workers and security guards were supposed to be inside Cobo Center.

Guards found the woman and about a dozen gawkers taking photographs with camera phones, workers told The Detroit News.

"We heard they were all over the Challenger," said Jason Vines, a spokesman for the Chrysler Group, which earlier had tried to give its cars more sex appeal by bringing in fully clothed "Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria to pose at its exhibit.

Cobo Director Glenn Blanton said disciplinary action will be taken if employees were involved in the security breach.

Well...gee...ya think maybe one of them LET her in?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Dodge Challenger?  You need to get out more.

G
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Link

Too bad it wasn't her.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Pics please!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

You have one?  A Nice one?  With a Hemi?  Maybe a convertible to boot?

The price tag alone would put it into the "exotic class".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I think we need to discover the size of the woman before requesting pics.  If the Challenger currently has a 4 foot wide ass indentation in the hood, I DO NOT want to see the pics.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:58:53 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Safe to assume that the one at the auto show is the preproduction one?  Est sticker 40K?

Exotic?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think we need to discover the size of the woman before requesting pics.  If the Challenger currently has a 4 foot wide ass indentation in the hood, I DO NOT want to see the pics.

That's a chance I'm willing to take.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#18]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Should I have said "concept car" the point is not addressed at the car but the chick!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#20]

A Hemi, Ha!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag for pictures!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Please try to have actual knowledge of what you are posting about.  The new Challenger will be $28,000 and launched in 2007 as a 2008 model.  It is on the cover of the top three car magazines.  There will be a convertible model as well.  Yes, they have a Hemi.  A 6.1 liter Hemi with 425 h.p.  Now go back to stocking the shelves at the store, where a $28K price tag puts it in the "exotic class."  Why is that in quotes, by the way?  Is there a supposed exotic class that we are unaware of?

G
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

A Hemi?? I'm not impressed with ~100 year old technology...

"The 1903 Welch, built by Chelsea Mfg. Co., Chelsea, Michigan had a 20-hp, two-cylinder engine with overhead valves and hemispherical combustion chambers."
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#24]
tag for pics
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It's hardly an exotic, any car that retails below 100 grand is NOT an exotic.... If you see more than 1 of it on the road at any given time, it's NOT an exotic. ( with certain exceptions though such as seeing a bunch of Enzo's going to and fro and F&L car meet).

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

A Hemi, Ha!

Two observations:

First, it is clear he means a genuine late 60s-early 70s Challenger with the hemi option, which unquestionably makes the thing rarer and worth more.

Second, I do not understand the disdain "experts" hold for DC's currnet marketing of the "hemi".

First, althogh the valve angle specs are NOT identical to the legendary hemis of the above era, the current engine labelled hemi indeed has hemispherical combusion chambers, angled valves, and 2 sparks per cylinder.  To me, that's a hemi.  Rant all you want about Hondas being hemis, I could really care less about the mechanics.  

What I do know it this:  my 300c has a small block that churns out 340hp, 300+ lb/ft torque.  It runs on pump gas, pulls like a mule, and runs about 14s on street tires and with the AC on.  In a class with many true musclecars of the 60s-70s.  Is is super quick?  No, it weighs 4800 lbs.  But there's plenty of get up and go in it.

So why the disdain for "hemis?"    
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#27]
This thread is worthless without pics..........

Of the Challenger, so here ya go:  (Notice there are ALREADY swirl marks in the finish!! Gaaa!!!)

Now THAT, gentlemen, is enough to give a fellow wood.

Putting a naked lady on that is just plain stupid, as it might scratch the finish.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's hardly an exotic, any car that retails below 100 grand is NOT an exotic.... If you see more than 1 of it on the road at any given time, it's NOT an exotic. ( with certain exceptions though such as seeing a bunch of Enzo's going to and fro and F&L car meet).

Or, of course, my building parking lot.  EVERY day, a guy drives a 2 door Bentley, not sure of the model.  Another guy alternates between his Viper hardtop and his Lambo.  There's a lambo dealer one exit up the freeway.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#29]
 On behalf of all of ARFCOM's Mopar and Muscle Car fans; I hereby DEMAND that the CoC be suspended for that one pic...........

( as long as she's hotter than hell )

we already know about the car..........

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Or, of course, my building parking lot.  EVERY day, a guy drives a 2 door Bentley, not sure of the model.  Another guy alternates between his Viper hardtop and his Lambo.  There's a lambo dealer one exit up the freeway.  

They are the exception and not the norm of exotic car ownership,  most guys with exotics seldom drive 'em or drive it on weekends only,  why should you? you have other vehicles to drive on a daily basis.

Sure, there is a Lambo dealer in your area, for every Lambo dealer there are a thousand Dodge dealers out there, i'ts like a 1,000 to 1 ratio and a 1 million to 1 ratio in terms of vehicle production.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 On behalf of all of ARFCOM's Mopar and Muscle Car fans; I hereby DEMAND that the CoC be suspended for that one pic...........

( as long as she's hotter than hell )

we already know about the car..........

I'll second that
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Of the Challenger, so here ya go:  (Notice there are ALREADY swirl marks in the finish!! Gaaa!!!)

www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/challengererin00004.jpg

www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/challengererin00005.jpg

www.autoblog.com/media/2006/01/challengererin00002.jpg

automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_dodge_challenger_md_03_445.jpg

automobilemag.com/auto_shows/naias_2006/0602_dodge_challenger_md_02_445.jpg

Putting a naked lady on that is just plain stupid, as it might scratch the finish.

I'd hit it - with my truck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are the exception and not the norm of exotic car ownership,  most guys with exotics seldom drive 'em or drive it on weekends only,  why should you? you have other vehicles to drive on a daily basis.

Sure, there is a Lambo dealer in your area, for every Lambo dealer there are a thousand Dodge dealers out there, i'ts like a 1,000 to 1 ratio and a 1 million to 1 ratio in terms of vehicle production.

I'm totally in agreement, I don't know why, but the Bentley guy SOMETIMES drives a 'cedes when it's really raining.

The lambo guy's daily driver appears to be the viper.

It's just a wierd area, southern OC.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One small interjection. Although the new Challenger's will be production run cars to be had for under $30k, that one Challenger is a prototype, at the moment it's probably one of less than 5 at least, if not even less than that. and if DCX were to go sell it, I bet it would auction for well over $100k right now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only IF you could catch up to it first
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Must be nice, living in a very well to do city with high standards of living? I venture to say, it probably depends on where you live and some people are used to seeing them on a daily basis in your area compared to some of us folks who live in a smaller towns...

In my town, owning a beat to shit lifted truck is like owning an exotic car.... chicks dig it..
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only IF you could catch up to it first

I know I shouldnt have traded my SRT-10 for the Diesel I have now
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One small interjection. Although the new Challenger's will be production run cars to be had for under $30k, that one Challenger is a prototype, at the moment it's probably one of less than 5 at least, if not even less than that. and if DCX were to go sell it, I bet it would auction for well over $100k right now.

Plus they'll likely offer an srt-8 option with all the doodads that will take the stock charger into the $40,000 territory.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#39]
OH HELL YES.

Look at that thing!

I'm buying one, in that color, provided they DON'T change a thing.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#40]
everytime i see a pic of it i get depressed because i'll never be able to afford it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Must be nice, living in a very well to do city with high standards of living? I venture to say, it probably depends on where you live and some people are used to seeing them on a daily basis in your area compared to some of us folks who live in a smaller towns...

In my town, owning a beat to shit lifted truck is like owning an exotic car.... chicks dig it..

It's not so nice, except I realize the Joneses are RICH, and I don't have to bother trying to keep up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
everytime i see a pic of it i get depressed because i'll never be able to afford it.

+1

I'm an attorney for crying out loud, and looking at that car makes me think "Damn, I need a REAL job if I'm ever going to buy one of those..."

You're a gunsmith that moonlights as an attorney
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I'm an attorney for crying out loud, and looking at that car makes me think "Damn, I need a REAL job if I'm ever going to buy one of those..."

if you where a PI attorney, you would have a boat load of money
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I can't, that photo is far too low res to see something like that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/GTOJudge885/Gifs/ttiwwop7cp.gif

+1

Do the new BOTD rules apply to links as well?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#49]
So, are they going to charge her with tresspassing or with contributing to the delinquency of a challenger?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top