Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What New Orleans needs is a good old fashion Cat 5+ hurricane to completely remove the levies and return that mess to the ocean.

Its a freaken TAX money pit that the American people cannot afford to pay anymore.

Sink the town an lets move on..

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"It is a strange time that we live in, that a man can be accused of telling the truth, which he will then rigorously deny."

He may be a poor example of a mayor, but far from being offended by his "chocolate city" remarks, I applaud him for communicating his real motives.  99% of other public figures would have couched their remarks in bogus "politically correct" language.  

Funny, we call the man with some honesty an idiot (or a racist), but we would give our respect to some liar.

I asked for the 90% white support because of what I think is the driving force of politics--telling enough voters what they want to hear to get (re-)elected.  Assuming that is true, Nagin is either (at least) honest about his motive as you say, or he is a stupid bigot.  ...Stupid because there might not be enough blacks left to be swayed by his words so as to better ensure his chance of victory.  If the reamining black population votes him out, then it would speak well of the city's...political consciencess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
He is a fucktard.  Racist bastard.  It will be the government paying to rebuild and the Mexicans doing the rebuilding so that the welfare recipiants can get back to milking the system.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The 90% number is mis-leading, New Orleans obviously is majority black, a white canidate for mayor would not have a shot at getting elected. The same situation exists in Birmingham, so white voters will choose which black canidate they think is best. If  the population were majority white, Mayor nagan would have never been elected. I don't know what the current population breakdown of New Orleans is , but it may likely be  majority white, and nagan knows if blacks don't move back to the city, he is out of office. He knows the ones that left won't vote absentee, because its to much trouble. The whole social/political landscape of New Orleans has changed big time. A white mayor will likely be elected,  just sit back and watch the storm that happens afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know the racial makeup of New Orleans now, I'm talking actual residents living in the city, not evacuees living elsewhere, I'm guessing it is now majority white, but tht is just a guess, and would explain the mayor appealing to blacks to return, besides the fact that he is a blatent racist.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does anyone know the racial makeup of New Orleans now, I'm talking actual residents living in the city, not evacuees living elsewhere, I'm guessing it is now majority white, but tht is just a guess, and would explain the mayor appealing to blacks to return, besides the fact that he is a blatent racist.

Pre-K 67% Black(or Chocolate) per Nagyst
          30% White
            3% hispanic and Asian

After K 30% Chocolate
            48% white
            20% Hispanic
              2% asian--Vietnamize--some of the most civil, hard working, kind people

PS When a large convention or mardi Gras--50% white
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey...he appologized for his "chocolate city" remark...

All over the news...

Lot of good that does...probably as hollow as a chocolate easter bunny...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL,  Is NOLA having mayoral elections in Feb? It seems like I have heard that. If they end up with a white mayor, I can only imagine what  will be said, it will be a lot of fun to watch, thats for sure! I'm not hoping for a riot, or violence, if that happens, I hope it is squashed quickly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#10]
He also said that it was God's will that New Orleans be a black city.  Notice no one is mentioning that comment even though he said it virtually in the same breath as the "chocolate" comment.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#11]
He did say it was Gods will that NO be a black city, that has been overlooked, and is just as bad as the chocolate comment, he showed his true colors, thats for sure, as if there was ever a doubt. I just did a search on their elections, and they have  been postponed indefinitely by gov blank-o', there is a lawsuit challenging the postponement. I found this on the democratic underground, I have heard of that site, but never checked it out, DAMN their are some whack-jobs on that site. I don't condone trolling, but what the hell, I'm going to entertain myself, and stir em' up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nagin backpeddles, still sounds like an idiot:

Nagin apologizes for 'chocolate' city comments

"How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That is the chocolate I am talking about," he said. "New Orleans was a chocolate city before Katrina. It is going to be a chocolate city after. How is that divisive? It is white and black working together, coming together and making something special."

What an idiot. So he only favors dark Africian Americans (dark chocolate), what about the lighter AAs, is he not for them as well. Besides that he said chocolate, not chocolate milk. How does one drink chocolate? Complete tool!

Maybe he was talking about Oreos

No no no; with my limited experience in New Orleans, if you got an Oreo it meant somebody was being mugged.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup, pretty handy how the other disgraced LA politician is giving him extra time to get his core voters back into the city before he has to face re-election, huh?

I'm SURE that wasn't intentional political hanky-panky though.  The Dems NEVER try to rig elections...

What exactly did Trent Lott do anyway?  Didn't he reminisce about the good old days with a retired senator and had it taken completely out of context?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Trent Lott said that the country  would have been better off if Strom Thurmond would have been elected President years ago, Strom had segregation as part of his platform, it was a long time ago. Trent Lott wasn't  refering to the segregation part. He was simply saying that we would have been better off with a man such as Strom.   correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"It is a strange time that we live in, that a man can be accused of telling the truth, which he will then rigorously deny."

He may be a poor example of a mayor, but far from being offended by his "chocolate city" remarks, I applaud him for communicating his real motives.  99% of other public figures would have couched their remarks in bogus "politically correct" language.  

Funny, we call the man with some honesty an idiot (or a racist), but we would give our respect to some liar.

Dude, did you not read anything of the original post? What the hell are you talking about? My whole point to the post was that I WOULD HAVE MORE RESPECT FOR THE MAN IF HE STOOD BY HIS RACIST VIEWS. He's doing a "duck and cover" maneuver with his backtracking, that is what makes him a supreme racist pussy, rather than just a supreme racist. Read my original post before giving your thoughts on us "respecting a liar". WTF???
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Trent Lott said that the country  would have been better off if Strom Thurmond would have been elected President years ago, Strom had segregation as part of his platform, it was a long time ago. Trent Lott wasn't  refering to the segregation part. He was simply saying that we would have been better off with a man such as Strom.   correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was it.

Nope, that was pretty much it.  No chocolate or vanilla remarks from Lott.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#17]
As I recall Trent Lott stood by his statements, he didn't crawfish, he said that America would be better off had we elected someone with Strom Thurmond's  priniples and values, he took the fallout like a man also, its ashame that he would get so much flack for that simple comment, and yet nagan can basically get away with his comments, nagan's comments were plainly racist, and no amount of crawfishing can change that. Trent Lott should have known how his comments would have been spun, the democratic party  is 100% against him, and waiting to spin anything he  says, into somthing he didn't mean, and race is their holy grail,its their trump card, and they are the only ones that get to play it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#18]
You guys crack me up. It sounds like you're saying white people are oppressed because they can't act like shit heads, and other races can. Have a little faith. Most people realized how stupid Nagin's comment was.
www.cnn.com/2006/US/01/17/nagin.city/index.html

If being a racist jackass is a privilege only among certain races, they can have it.

+10000000000000
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
This clown RAY is the biggest idiot I have ever seen. Yes this is a double standard and yes if a white leader or political figure were to say such remarks, would be forced to resign. This guy has absolutely no class whatsoever. The fact remains that many blacks in NO were living in terrible conditions before Katrina. I personally believe that Katrina will enable many families to have a new foundation, with government assistance. The whites in NO should leave, I wouldn't blame them... its hard to live under such an idiotic mayor. As for blaming bush, as much as I don't agree with what he is doing in certain aspects, it's not his fault in anyway. Same thing happened with Bush's daddy in Miami in 92.  Oh well, one day in America the race card will not be drawn, a long long way from now...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't agree with anybody, or any race, being racist, what has been said, is that white leaders, ie..Trent Lott, can say somthing, that was never meant as a racial comment, and then have that comment spun into a racist remark, people were calling for his head on a platter, and it did his politacal career terrible damage. mayor nagan, said a blatently racist remark, and the backlash, hasn't even been close to that of Trent Lott's.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:03:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Blacks can't be racist.  Only whites can be racist.  Duh.

+.9bar
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#22]
that moron is in WAY over his head.............and it shows

Just imagine plugging in the word "white" where dip-shit used "black", or "chocolate", and you have an idea of how out of line this idiot is.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Back to the title of the thread........

Gee, you think ? how could ya tell ?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Just imagine plugging in the word "white" where dip-shit used "black", or "chocolate", and you have an idea of how out of line this idiot is.

You mean like this:

[original quote, followed by altered quote]

"I can see in your eyes, you want to know, 'How do I take advantage of this incredible opportunity? How do I make sure New Orleans is not overrun with Mexican workers?'"
"I can see in your eyes, you want to know, 'How do I take advantage of this incredible opportunity? How do I make sure Vidor, Texas is not overrun with black workers?'"

"I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day," he said. "This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be."
"I don't care what people are saying in the projects or wherever they are. This city will be white at the end of the day," he said. "This city will be a majority white city. It's the way God wants it to be."

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country....Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."
"Surely God is mad at Israel. He gave Ariel Sharon a stroke."  (Pat Robertson caught more flack for saying [essentially] this than Nagin's caught for what he said)

"I'm really sorry that some people took that they way they did, and that was not my intention," the mayor said. "I say everybody's welcome."
"I'm really sorry that blacks took that they way they did, and that was not my intention," the mayor said. "I say everybody's welcome."

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:10:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this:

[original quote, followed by altered quote]

"I can see in your eyes, you want to know, 'How do I take advantage of this incredible opportunity? How do I make sure New Orleans is not overrun with Mexican workers?'"
"I can see in your eyes, you want to know, 'How do I take advantage of this incredible opportunity? How do I make sure Vidor, Texas is not overrun with black workers?'"

"I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day," he said. "This city will be a majority African -American city. It's the way God wants it to be."

"I don't care what people are saying in the projects or wherever they are. This city will be white at the end of the day," he said. "This city will be a majority white city. It's the way God wants it to be."

"Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country....Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."
"Surely God is mad at Israel. He gave Ariel Sharon a stroke."  (Pat Robertson caught more flack for saying [essentially] this than Nagin's caught for what he said)

"I'm really sorry that some people took that they way they did, and that was not my intention," the mayor said. "I say everybody's welcome."
"I'm really sorry that blacks took that they way they did, and that was not my intention," the mayor said. "I say everybody's welcome."

Exactly!!

You see how insane this is.

why is this man allowed to stay in office?

If this were Trent Lott, Dennis Hassert, or Bill Frist (which it would not ever be), these men would be sent to leper colonies to live out their final days!!

Seriously, this idiot is in WAY over his head.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't we just all get along.   You people just can't stand a powerful black man.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#27]
How dare you say you people!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:40:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It's okay, I'm defending the oppressed black man.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"You people," by Ross Perot: Bad, racist, sets progress back at least 150 years
"You people," by gopeterson, on behalf of Nagin's "Chocolate Brigade": Ay-Oh-Kay
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#30]
b
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"You people," by Ross Perot: Bad, racist, sets progress back at least 150 years
"You people," by gopeterson, on behalf of Nagin's "Chocolate Brigade": Ay-Oh-Kay

I rekon so? I think that double standard has, obviously,  has become the norm
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#32]
gopeterson.... your an idiot. Powerful black man, man this is plain stupid. Its not even about being black, he is just an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you're cool with double standards, and obviously you are whatever, but I'm not.

I'm cool with this one because the double standard involves reserving the right to act like a tard.  I don't need to reserve that right, and when someone does, it doesn't protect them.  They aren't fooling anybody.  If they can't hold up to the higher(proper) standard, that says exactly where their character is.   If they don't see, it's one more reason why they are tards, and why we don't want to be like them.

"With the right to free speech does not automatically come the right to be taken seriously."
- --HUBERT H. HUMPHREY

"Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage."

--Winston Churchill

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#34]
"At the end of the day, this mothafucka is gonna be a chocolate mothafucka"
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#35]
"Mmmmmm.....land of chocolate" - --Homer Simpson

Great album, BTW. Parliament, w/ George Clinton.

"Put a hump in your back
shake your sacroiliac
Do the Right On...."

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

+1! Oh, the humanity!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
gopeterson.... your an idiot. Powerful black man, man this is plain stupid. Its not even about being black, he is just an idiot.

Not certain, but I think he may have been joking.  That's how I took him, at least.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to discern that I was joking.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Not really up on the whole sarcasm thing there, are ya Sparky?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top