Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:39:32 PM EDT
www.kgun9.com/story.php?id=1249

UNEXPECTED BIRTH SURPRISES "INFERTILE" MOTHER
By Myrna Membrila
Last Friday a Vail woman gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, but she never knew she was pregnant until the delivery.
"I never felt her if I would have I would have been so happy. So happy! I just would have enjoyed her every day I would have known she was there but I never knew," said Dawn Pannell.
As a teenager -- a doctor told Pannell she'd never have children.
"I really didn't know. The only sign I had was the kidney hurting in the back and then all day Friday it was really hard right here on my left side they told me it was probably because of my kidneys," she said.
On Friday, Pannell blamed the excruciating pain on the chiropractor she'd seen that morning.
"He thought he adjusted to me where he had obstructed a bowel so he told me to take some Milk of Magnesia with a heating pad and rest and I couldn't even sit I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand I couldn't lay I couldn't do nothing," she said.
When the pain persisted she tried an enema.
"When I sat down on the toilet I just got this big pressure that I needed to push really bad and I pushed and when I pushed it was this big rush of water and then I set there and I was just yelling and screaming banging on the bathroom doors it's relief it's relief!"
The commotion brought her husband to the door.
"All of a sudden I heard a little cry 'wah, wah' and I kind of looked at him and I said did you hear a baby cry? And he goes what and so we stood there a little bit longer and we heard it again and I stood up and straddled the toilet and the baby was sitting in the toilet she was sitting straight up looking at me, she said. "And so I picked her up by the shoulders and put her in my arms and wrapped my shirt around her and told him to call 9-1-1."
She held on to that baby from her bathroom in Vail all the way to a Tucson hospital bed.
"The umbilical cord had broke so I just wrapped it around my finger and held my finger in there with her and that's how we came to the hospital with my arm with her in a towel until we got here," she said.
The baby, named Ariel, is currently in the neonatal unit but Pannell expect her to come home Thursday.
Most people have months to prepare-- Pannel's only had a few days. And yet she says everything she needs is already waiting for her.
"Well thank God I have a great family, my in-laws are beautiful people," she said.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
like all women, she is lying
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Happens to really fat chicks all the time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
like all women, she is lying

bravo... spoken like a learn'ed man ..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yup, they dont notice any weight gain because of the weight, they are too lazy to notice some of hte symtpoms, etc, they get pains and put it off at fat person pains, then bam, right int he toilet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This always blows my mind.

We've had 4 children....pregnancy is a BIG ordeal.  There is absolutely NO way I could carry a kiddo for 9 months and not know it!!!  They kick, they churn, they turn, they punch.....there is a baby in your tummy for God's sake!!!!!

But, then again, I am fairly thin and by the third month it is quite obvious that something is going on~!

It must be some sort of denial, psychosis or a combination of both.  Plus...when your monthly cycles stop....HELLO??

Mrs. Ekie

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

She must be a plumper. The last time I saw one on the news, she thought she had bad gas.

There was a fat woman at my old job, and I could never tell she was pregnant.  Some of us thought she was lying, because she did not gain a single pound in 8 months.  We were wrong, it was a boy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She must be a plumper. The last time I saw one on the news, she thought she had bad gas.

There was a fat woman at my old job, and I could never tell she was pregnant.  Some of us thought she was lying, because she did not gain a single pound in 8 months.  We were wrong, it was a boy.

damn... you know someone had to do her ,,, feel sorry for the guy..  

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Immensely fat.... See it in the paper all the time.. Huge woman doesnt know she is pregnant, has the kid in the bathroom and leaves it....  Sad....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top