Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 2:07:07 PM EDT
I was just opening a package, it was a new cleaning rod from Midway and it was shipped in a tube that was stapeled on both ends.  I was prying on one of the staples with a Buck folding hunter and it slipped.
I managed to put about 1/4" of the point into the palm of my hand, it's bleeding a bit but does not hurt too much.  I've put a pad on the palm and an Ace bandage to hold it in place.
I don't think I've really damaged anything.

Do I need to get a stich? Can you stich the palm of the hand?  

What would the ER docs do if I went in to have it taken care of?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can stop the bleeding you're fine.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Wash it out well under running water.  If you haven't had a tet booster in 5 years, go get one.  Tonight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll be fine, when I was 13 I cut my index finger to the bone with a Gerber. I actually saw the bone. Wrapped it up in my shirt and went watch some TV.

I have the scar to prove it too
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wash it out well under running water.  If you haven't had a tet booster in 5 years, go get one.  Tonight.

All that needs to be done is stated above.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
irrigate, bandage, and look up your shot records.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Bleeding is controlled and my tet's are up to date?

I put the Ace on pretty snug to start put I'm backing off every 10 min.to keep circulation in the fingers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top