Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 1:59:22 PM EDT
Looking at buying a gun safe. Without spending thousands, what is a good fire safe? Been looking at Cannon, but any others that you would recommend? Would like to be able to hang handguns on the inside of the door also. Looking for best bang for the buck as far as looks, quality and capacity. Thanks,   Terry
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Cannon 30 series- Buy the biggest you can afford as they fill up fast and never hold as many guns as they say they do.

You can buy all kinds of fancy shit to hold handguns but here's what I suggest. Buy a piece of 2 ft by 4 ft plastic peg board from Lowe's and screw it to the inside of the door. Use your brain- don't run into clearance issues or jam the locking mechanism. Use peg board hooks dipped in liquid plastic to hold a bunch of handguns by the trigger guard.

I paid $1500 for my safe plus $300 to move the fat bastard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Do your research. Look at the fire rating level degree & length of time it's rated at such! Make sure it's a UL rated test too. Decide on what size you want & then double it! Almost everyone buys one too GD small the first time out!

Buy one with external hinges so the door opens fully!

My .o2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top