Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 1:35:45 PM EDT
I've noticed that with just a little bit of moisture, the cases on the newer type wolf ammo corrodes and rusts very easily.  I never had this problem with the older type.  Has anyone else had this same problem?  I've noticed at my local gun store the price of wolf has gone up too. I think from now on I'll be shooting brass cased ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot lots of Wolfe and I've never had a rust problem. I also notice the old Wolfe cases laying on the ground at the range, and they don't have any rust on them. If they don't rust laying on the ground in the rain, I can't see how you'd have rust on them in your house.

Edit: Now that I think about it, we haven't had any rain in Austin in 2 months. That's probably why the cases I saw at the range last weekend did not have any rust on them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I've even gotten some at the gun store that has rust and discoloration on it, and if gets any bit of moisture on it, it will rust.  I've seen old cases sitting around where I shoot that are rusted all to hell.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't noticed it on any of mine, and I have some older and newer stuff, both lacquer and poly coated.   I keep it in GI cans just loose.

What do you store your ammo in and where? In high humidity area?  Are you getting condensation on it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've even gotten some at the gun store that has rust and discoloration on it, and if gets any bit of moisture on it, it will rust.  I've seen old cases sitting around where I shoot that are rusted all to hell.

+1 thousands of rusted cases at my range
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]

The cases that I come across at my private shooting spot in the woods rust after a few weeks of rain or Alabama humidity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top