Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 12:03:24 PM EDT
I was lucky enough to win a neat prize in the AR15.com Giveaway Contest.  It was a 2X Magpul M93B Stock in OD green.

It was awarded by The Tactical Solution www.thetacticalsolution.com/.

Here it is:

And another pic:

I put it on one of my Rock River rifles and got matching green grip and handguards for it.  It sure works great!

Another of the many reasons to become a Team Member, is to be qualified to participate in the giveaway drawings.

Thanks to AR15.com and thanks to The Tactical Solution.

I sure appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good OP.

Now if someone can photoshop a flash supressor and bayonet lug on there you'd look even better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't being retired reward enough??? MUST you flaunt this in my face???

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks good OP.

Now if someone can photoshop a flash supressor and bayonet lug on there you'd look even better.

Actually, I bought that rifle with a light-weight barrel on purpose.  I have grown to really like it.

I don't notice a big difference in muzzle flash, and I don't plan on doing any bayonet charges, so I'm good to go.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Isn't being retired reward enough??? MUST you flaunt this in my face???

I wish my High School German wasn't so rusty.  

They have a great saying that translates:  "If you've got it, flaunt it."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks good OP.

Actually, I bought that rifle with a light-weight barrel on purpose.  I have grown to really like it.

I don't notice a big difference in muzzle flash, and I don't plan on doing any bayonet charges, so I'm good to go.

Are bayonet charges ever really planned?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sweet.

Thanks.

It shoots as good as it looks too.  That stock has a very comfortable cheek weld.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking of using one of those stocks when I get around to building an AR.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice. I just have a standard six position, but the Magpul looks interesting and is supposed to be very sturdy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Very nice. I just have a standard six position, but the Magpul looks interesting and is supposed to be very sturdy.

i've been wanting other opinions on the magpul  before i buy one.   what do you have to say Old Painless
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i've been wanting other opinions on the magpul  before i buy one.   what do you have to say Old Painless

Well, I will try to be honest.

You never get something for nothing.  The Magpul is a little heavier than the typical collapsible stock.

But, you get near infinite variation in length, quick and positive adjustment, and a very sturdy stock.

One problem with wearing armor is that normal stock length is a little long.  You can adjust that to suit you with this type of stock.  And, unlike a standard collapsible stock, the cheek weld on this one is very comfortable.  It doesn't "dig" into your cheek when you use the sights.

Even when I am not wearing armor, I tend to like the stock just a little shorter than normal length-of-pull.  It seems to make the rifle more manageable to me, but I am sure that is a personal thing.

Another problem with collapsible stocks occurs if you have a bad jam.  At Thunder Ranch, Clint teaches to clear a really bad jam by holding back pressure on the charging handle while banging the butt of the stock on the ground.  It will clear a jam like magic.

But with normal collapsible stocks, you can break the stock doing this trick.  This one seem tough enough to take that treatment without breaking.

All in all, a very nice stock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
A bump for the evening crew.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I may decide to become a member if they ever get the "pay via credit card and get instant access" thing working.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Very nice, congrats!

OD looks very sweet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#16]
a neat prize?!?  How about an awesome prize?  

Caongrats dude  

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice looking rifle OP. Hope to see that one in future box o truth episodes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I may decide to become a member if they ever get the "pay via credit card and get instant access" thing working.

I sent a check with the end of December bills.  Still no joy.  Its not like I wrote it on the First National Bank of Ethel".  However, hijacking this thread is as far as I will go to complain, so far.  I guess the staff, has, like, jobs and stuff...

Back on Topic:  Nice pics, OP.  It seems like all the 16 inch kits have a 14.5 inch barrel and some sort of device on the end to get to 16". Yours looks like 16 outright.  What is the profile bump on the end?

Or anybody? since this was posted a couple hours ago. thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks awesome OP!

- BG
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
That's great O_P

A lot of nice prizes were given away, I just may get lucky next year ETA (I do get lucky,I mean the drawing)

Congratulations to all others who won something, lets see the pics

GM
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I like your Rock River.  I may just have to build one in green.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Nice looking rifle OP. Hope to see that one in future box o truth episodes.

It is standing in line.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#23]
very nice. Lucky bastard
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Back on Topic:  Nice pics, OP.  It seems like all the 16 inch kits have a 14.5 inch barrel and some sort of device on the end to get to 16". Yours looks like 16 outright.  What is the profile bump on the end?

I bought this one while the ban was still in place.  It was either this profile or a "fake" flash suppressor.

I like the plain barrel just fine.  The "bump" is just that.....a slight bump on the end of the barrel.

I have grown kind of fond of the plain barrel.  As stated, I don't see much increase in muzzle flash, if any, over a barrel with a flash suppressor.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Very nice, congrats!

OD looks very sweet.

Thanks, I like the green too.

My buddy brianksain always tells me, "There ain't much in nature that's black."

Green is easier to hide.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:52:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
O_P,

What is the story on the muzzle? It looks.. different.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
O_P,

What is the story on the muzzle? It looks.. different.

As I noted before, I ordered that upper back in the ban time period.  I liked the "bump" ended barrel better than a fake suppressor available at that time.

Over time, I've grown kind of fond of that barrel.  It is a pencil thin barrel and the lack of a suppressor makes it look even thinner.  

And, best of all, it points like a bird dog.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:43:28 AM EDT
[#29]
nice!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
nice!

Thanks!

I like it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Just in case anybody missed it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Sweet
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sweet

Thanks Lumpy.

You need to come shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top