BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
As to the ether.... Have you ever been on an ether binge? "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Plus Freaking 1

R.I.P. Doc

SBG
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
High protein low/no carbohydrate diet.

Thats probably the worst advice so far. Do your research and you'll come up with a plan that works for you. Ask your doctor what you can do.
Me personaly,I eat a large Lean Quisine for breakfast,an orange about half way till lunch,a small LQ at lunch an orange or apple half way till supper then a small LQ for supper. I drink water with everything I eat and will sometimes throw in a salad or fat free yogurt in there. I also take a good multi-vitamin. ood luck and it does take a commitment to get anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever you do, do not starve yourself.  For every 1 lb you loose, 60% will be muscle and 40% fat.  This will only make it worse with out muscle to burn calories.  Check out my post here  
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=113&t=427965&page=1�
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My visit to the Dr's yesterday went great, but he said I need to drop some poundage. So guys whats a good way to take off some pounds, and keep them off. I know that exercise and eating right are the major factors. But who has time for that!

So how can I get this fat body in shape with the least effort!

Eat a nice big salad every day with lots of good greens (Romaine, field greens, baby spinach...NO ICEBURG!) and plenty of fresh veggies and only lean meats (chicken) or high protien fish (tuna, salmon).

Eat limited ammounts of whole grain bread.

Make your main source of fat extra virgin oilve oil.

Try and eat smaller meals throughout the day, and pack those meals with fresh fruits and veggies.

Never eat after 7:00 pm.

Drink water only.

Get some decent exercise every day, something that elevates your heart rate and keeps it up there for a good long time and that makes you sweat real good.

Do those things and you will loose weight.

Good advice here.

Drop your calories a little (too much and body drops metabolism, LBM x 12 is a basic estimator) and divide meals up into 4-5 meals per day.  No carbs after 4pm.  No eating after 7pm.

Workout in the morning as it will raise your metabolism all day long - Workout aerobically some days and strength train others - remember muscles burn fat, and losing muscle means not losing fat weight as efficiently, but that some muscle loss is inevitable.  

Remember that workouts don't have to be high intensity.  Take a walk or something after lunch, and another walk in the evening.  (I don't workout in the evening because for me it makes it hard to go to sleep - YMMV).  Just remember that losing fat should be over the long haul, and a goal that takes a year or more means you work incrementally.  Every little bit helps, and keeping your life in balance will keep you from losing heart or binging.

If you are sore from workouts, and it is ok with your doc, take aspirin (not tylenol, not ibuprofen).  It will reduce pain and inflammation, provide some buffering against lactic acid buildup during workouts, and there is some evidence that it does assist with fat metabolization (medical research, not "supplement industry" bs).

Maintain nutrition.  Fat isn't usually metabolised in the absence of several vitamins (C, B6, B12) so a multivitamin may be in order if you are having trouble eating veggies.

Have a cheat day where you can eat what you want ("normal" food) just don't overindulge.  For example, a couple of slices of pizza, not an extra large for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy a bicycle...then ride it.

Or, go out to the garage, get the dust off the one you own, pump up the tires, and ride it...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So how can I get this fat body in shape with the least effort!

First and foremost, you need a change of attitude.  Despite what the late night huksters would have you believe, the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you take in.  That involves putting down the Twinkies, and getting your posterior off the couch.  Losing weight without working for it is a myth.  Damn I wish it wasn't.

CO
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you really want to have to change your screen name to Ugly_McNasty?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I absolutely HATE to quote Richard Simmons here but he's got it right-

Move more, eat less, and be good to yourself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Fat,

Eat multiple small meals throughout the day.  Watch what your eating though, as stated from other members..stay away from the high carbs and sweets.   Do some moderate exercise.  Keep drinking water.   You will lose weight and feel better!  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Eat right and excercise.
But nobody want to hear that.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jon..I'm afraid you're wrong..Alcohol... including whiskey, vodka, etc, DOES have sugar in it, lots of it, The sugars are in the grains used to make the mash, and then distill it, they are still present after distillation. I used to drink alot (been sober for 9 years) and at one point made my own beer, It was excellant, and the sugar used was CORN sugar, as it breaks down compleatly when the "wort" is fermenting... Table sugar (cane sugar) won't break down and won't ferment. Beer even "light" beer has lots of sugar in it, you'd be better off drinking a diet soda with NO sugar in it if you're trying to lose weight. Here's something else to think about....What's the diffreence between Alcohol and Ether? Alcohol has water in it, remove the water and you have Ether, Something to think about when snarfing down that next big shot of Jack....

You may be right, you may not (not arguing about beer a bit).  I don't pretend to know that much.  I found a couple of websites that had the Nutrition counted out for a ton of foods, including alcohol and this is what it has for one shot of Jack Daniels:

Calories 79      ( Kilojoules 330 )
% Daily
Value*
Total Fat 0 g 0%
  Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrates 0 g 0%
  Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
  Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g

As to the ether.... Have you ever been on an ether binge? "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

I'm no expert but I have done a lot of reading on fitness and nutrition.  The problem with alcoholic drinks isn't necessarily the sugar but the alcohol itself.    

Think about the following:

Carbohydrates have 4 kcal per gram
Protein has 4 kcal per gram
Fat has 9 kcal per gram
Alcohol has 7 kcal per gram

A gram of alcohol has almost as many calories as a gram of fat!

Also,  alcohol has some kind of metabolic affect that really screws up your fat burning metabolism.

For weight loss, excessive alcohol is BAD news.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.

Stop drinking soda and beer (for me these aren't a big deal, but I understand this may be really difficult for some)....

Eat a little less dessert and some more vegetables.

Little things....don't do anything drastic; it probably isn't good for you.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top