Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
An 11 yr. old here in El Paso is believed to have commited suicide over the weekend. He was a student at the school where my wife teaches kinder. It brought tears to my eyes and I never met the little guy. Asbolutely devestating. WTF.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

We generally hold that life is precious and try to do all we can to preserve it.

Correct.

G
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me detour onto abortion for a second... This nation does NOT need anymore unwanted children! Kids become victims, folks. It's important to realize that sometimes bringing a child into the world can be alot worse than abortion... when you consider who the parent(s) are, their mental state, financial ability, drug addictions, etc...

Thank you for high-jacking this thread. NOW it will get locked.

I did'nt hijack anything. All three points of my post were on topic with points previously posted. FUVM.

Foxtrot Oscar, Noob.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Some made the long drop from the apartment  or office window; some took it quietly in two car garages with the motor running; some used the native tradition of the Colt or Smith and Wesson; Those well constructed implements that end insomnia, terminate remorse, cure cancer, avoid bankruptcy, and blast an exit from intolerable positions by the pressure of a finger; those admirable American instruments so easily carried, so sure of effect, so well designed to end the american dream when it becomes a nightmare, their only drawback the mess they leave for relatives to clean up."

- Ernest Hemingway

Thats fucking beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"Some made the long drop from the apartment  or office window; some took it quietly in two car garages with the motor running; some used the native tradition of the Colt or Smith and Wesson; Those well constructed implements that end insomnia, terminate remorse, cure cancer, avoid bankruptcy, and blast an exit from intolerable positions by the pressure of a finger; those admirable American instruments so easily carried, so sure of effect, so well designed to end the american dream when it becomes a nightmare, their only drawback the mess they leave for relatives to clean up."

- Ernest Hemingway

Thats fucking beautiful.

The mess left over is in my opinion rude.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:34:38 AM EDT
[#7]
There is no set general way of looking at suicides.  Now, you can lump them into broad categories, (Manipulators for example) but they are individually unique.  I worked two last night.  One OD and one gunshot.

My personal experience:  Oldest was 93, youngest was 11. Males outnumber females. I've seen reasons from auto-erotic to political elections.  Some, you will never figure out.  Methods from a Colt Gold Cup in the face, to steering their car into a beer truck at high speed.  Now, some methods are more popular than others.  In order, shooting, OD, and hanging are the top three.  What most folks don't realize is just how many suicides there are. It's maybe 2 out of 10 total deaths.

You can't even really say it harms the families all the time.  Some families look upon it as "good riddance"
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Ernest Hemingway

Thats fucking beautiful.

Having cleaned it up, I agree.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me detour onto abortion for a second... This nation does NOT need anymore unwanted children! Kids become victims, folks. It's important to realize that sometimes bringing a child into the world can be alot worse than abortion... when you consider who the parent(s) are, their mental state, financial ability, drug addictions, etc...

Thank you for high-jacking this thread. NOW it will get locked. hr

I did'nt hijack anything. All three points of my post were on topic with points previously posted. FUVM. hr

Foxtrot Oscar, Noob. hug.gifh.gif

Still unlocked, isn't it Noob?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Ernest Hemingway

Thats fucking beautiful.

Ditto. And that's kinda the point. If for nothing else, don't do it for the sake of your friends and family.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top