Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2006 11:24:42 PM EDT
Yeah, me neither...

although...that cold touch soldering iron looks pretty nifty!

anyone ever broke down and bought anything zoning out in front of the tube?
(when you're not zoning here of course... )

only 19.95!
act now!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:26:15 PM EDT
I bought a Ron Popeil rotisserie oven. Works damn well too. Just set it and forget it
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:27:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:
I bought a Ron Popeil rotisserie oven. Works damn well too. Just set it and forget it

I wish he'd bring back the pocket fisherman.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:28:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

I've only seen 1 of those in action and the kid landed a decent sized Bluefish with one
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:33:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

I've only seen 1 of those in action and the kid landed a decent sized Bluefish with one

I had one back in the 70's. If you're using a hook, worm and bobber, they work fine. I'd just like to break one out when I go to Canada sometime. My fishing buddies would fall out of the boat laughing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 11:39:08 PM EDT by twonami]
Dude, you can still get one!!!!
Pocket Fisherman

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:39:56 PM EDT
I ordered the Anthony Robbins cd's " the time of your life" and it helped me renew my life
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:41:57 PM EDT

Dude, you can still get one!!!!
Pocket Fisherman
www.seenontv.com/prod-pages/images1/pocketfisherman-tran-sdow.gif

That's fucking AWESOME!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:45:02 PM EDT
Nope, not once
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:54:17 PM EDT
Tempted? yes....

Stupid? no.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:16:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FieroLoki:
Tempted? yes....

Stupid? no.....

+1

Girls Gone Wild...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:54:28 AM EDT
The silicone bakeware almost got me, that stuff looks cool.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:57:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:

It is... Wal-Mart carries it though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:59:26 AM EDT
I haven't been tempted, but I do try to guess the price before they announce it - just a little game I like to play.

So far, I'm 84 for 84.

Turns out $19.95 + S&H is always right.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:49:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 4:53:03 AM EDT by rcoers]
I bought a food dehyradtor once from an infomercial. Now I sell beef jerky at the gun shows. Who's laughing now?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:52:29 AM EDT
This isn't one of those get-rich-quick schemes, but guess what, I did!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:02:16 AM EDT
The Bowflex Granny is pretty tempting
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:23:20 AM EDT
I missed out on an investment for Ron Popiel's Personal Pink Pulsating Pocket Pussy.

shit
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 7:03:54 AM EDT by RiffRandall]

Originally Posted By rcoers:
I bought a food dehyradtor once from an infomercial. Now I sell beef jerky at the gun shows. Who's laughing now?

The vacuum sealer informercials have tempted me. Combined with the food dehydrator you could make your own MREs for your SHTF supply.

Dad actually had a Pocket Fisherman back in the '70s. Worked OK for what it is.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:10:10 AM EDT
George Foreman.

Although it was on QVC..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:13:52 AM EDT
I STILL have an original PREBAN* orange-and-tan model Pocket Fisherman.

<­BR>I anticipation of Ron Popeil eventually getting banned from TV.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:14:03 AM EDT
After coming back from the bar, I've been tempted by the magic bullet. I'm glad I don't have a credit card. I'd have too much stupid shit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:28:00 AM EDT
YES, bought a MET-WRENCH tool set.

I have used for over a decade now, (and still have all the wrenches and sockets), works great on metric or SAE nuts and bolts.

Good purchase IMO.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:48:17 AM EDT

One of the best damned purchases I've ever made...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:49:14 AM EDT
just a little

BTW - COLD SOLDER SUCKS

Bitch don't work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:32:09 AM EDT

That dehydrator commercial, Ronco I believe, prompted me to buy a dehydrator, but not the Ronco. Ended up buying an American Harvest brand, makes great jerky too!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:33:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ar-steve:
I ordered the Anthony Robbins cd's " the time of your life" and it helped me renew my life

always wondered what his spiel was, how does Robbins change your life? Just curious
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:42:12 AM EDT
Everytime I see one I cannot resist the urge to change the channel!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:42:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 9:10:24 AM EDT by pv74]

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

always wondered what his spiel was, how does Robbins change your life? Just curious

It's the Anthony Robin's Personal Power series...

It's a get get rich quick scheme with motivational tapes...

Similar to the same crap that Don Laprie or Carlton Sheets pitch...

Ever see the E-bay marketing course? What moron cannot figure out how to use E-bay in an hour or two

Their must be a lot of gullible morons that watch late night TV

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:59:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 9:06:07 AM EDT by pv74]
I love the excercise machine infomercials...

"Hey their fatso....

Want to look like me.... Wanna be built like a brick shit house....pick up skinny little chicks...

With the Assmaster 5000, you can lose 300 pounds of lard in the first 30 days... "

This is what happens 95% of the time...

Cut to a scene of an average living room, with a 400lb lardass sitting in a barcalounger shoving Cheetos down his throat...

It's 3 AM in anytown USA and fatso picks up the phone and charges the 3 easy payments of 19.95 to his credit card.

The miracle device ( a few cheap pieces of steal tubing made in China) arrives two weeks later and sits around the house forever, and is rarely, if ever used.

Two years later the thing is in a pile at a yardsale or in the trash.

American consumerism at it's finest...

Buying shit to make yourself feel like your problems have a possibility of going away...

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:43:48 PM EDT
The little giant ladder system looked like something I would be interested in. I install shutters and drapes for a living(independant contractor) and carry 5 sizes of ladders from 6' to 24' in my job trailer. Home Depot carries the same ladder under the Gorilla Ladder name, but at a lot lower cost. It is a good ladder...stable, strong, versitle, up to 20'. Now if I could find one of those BASSO"MATICS.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:59:57 PM EDT
Until 1. they sell either guns or guitars on infomercials and 2. I get tv again I think I'm safe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:18:11 PM EDT

Be glad you didn't, they suck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:19:37 PM EDT
Never. They are no different than the hucksters you see pitching their wares at the state fair every summer. All out to make a buck, generally selling very shoddy merchandise at a substantial markup.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:24:42 PM EDT
I've got a relative who's a buyer for a large hardware store chain. He tells me the cold solder thing is a major POS.

The only "buy it from TV for 19.95" type thing that has tempted me is that thing for popping hard boiled eggs out of their shells. I make deviled eggs a couple of times a year and that looks like it would speed things up quite a bit.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:24:51 PM EDT
The only one that ever really tempted me was the current Popeil knife set. I see the commercial, and 3 minutes into it I'm thinking "Wow. How in the hell have I been living without that?" It looks like the absolute be-all and end-all for anybody who cooks. Never took the plunge yet, though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:25:34 PM EDT
Tempted ? Hell yeah. Those hot women in the Velform Sauna Belt informercial make me want to touch myself. Then my girlfriend makes me turn the channel because she doesn't want to finish what the TV started. Ain't love grand?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:26:35 PM EDT
Proactive solution works.

cold solder sux...got one at costco for $10...aint worth $2
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:29:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GhostRing:
Yeah, me neither...

although...that cold touch soldering iron looks pretty nifty!

anyone ever broke down and bought anything zoning out in front of the tube?
(when you're not zoning here of course... )

only 19.95!
act now!!!

want to buy mine? Home Depot sells it too. It's a POS IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:30:42 PM EDT
About 8 years ago I bought the Autobike. This was the 10 speed that automatically changed gears.

I received the bike, put it together, went for a ride, came home, took the bike apart and returned it the next day. I received all my money back and they sent UPS to pick it up.

What a pile of crap. The thing was always on the verge of shifting to the next gear, so the chain was rattling.

Live and learn.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:32:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pv74:

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:

It's the Anthony Robin's Personal Power series...

It's a get get rich quick scheme with motivational tapes...

Similar to the same crap that Don Laprie or Carlton Sheets pitch...

Ever see the E-bay marketing course? What moron cannot figure out how to use E-bay in an hour or two

Their must be a lot of gullible morons that watch late night TV

You have no idea what your talking about . It has nothing to do with getting rich ,it has to do with finding satisfaction out of life. He is a wise man who knows how to get results through action, and his methods work
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT
I think Robbins is selling Pentecostal ecstasy with a beefed-up offering and no worship. He also seems to be a fame whore. I figure if you put photos of yourself with Bill Clinton in your commercials, you regard association with fame as a good thing in an of itself. That said, I have often encouraged my wife to Awaken the Giant Within. . . My Pants.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:43:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
I think Robbins is selling Pentecostal ecstasy with a beefed-up offering and no worship. He also seems to be a fame whore. I figure if you put photos of yourself with Bill Clinton in your commercials, you regard association with fame as a good thing in an of itself. That said, I have often encouraged my wife to Awaken the Giant Within. . . My Pants.

he was establishing crediblity by placing the photos up. Otherwise, he is just a tall guy with big teeth telling you what to do. Establish crediblity, and people will feel the weight of your words.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:11:08 PM EDT

yeah love my dehyradtor. nothing like making your own jerky. about the only thing I got off a infomercial.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:14:57 PM EDT
I laugh everytime I see Ron Popiels knife set I see him advertising nowadays, and how he says they will beat any knife set out there.

My mom bought a set of them, and while they will cut, they are nowhere near the quality of my Boker ceramic knives, even though Ron says his are better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:01 PM EDT
Was suckered in to buying this at about 3am in the morning for 60.00 , woke up with hangover and regreted it for a while ... this was about 8 months ago and still use it every single day

MOstly for coffee grinding but makes TONS of other things

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:46:09 PM EDT

Ya bastard! you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:54:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
just a little
BTW - COLD SOLDER SUCKS
Bitch don't work.

+1. They were right about the "Cold" part.
Even the "free gift" wire strippers they send with it are junk.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:59:54 PM EDT
I got that TV tray thingy. But I waited for it to be sold in stores before I picked it up. I wanted to see it in person before I dropped the money for it.

I like it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:

One of the best damned purchases I've ever made...

Food is good 100% of the time. This really is a good product!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top