Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 10:50:12 PM EDT
I'm 45 minutes into the hour show on THC.

I didnt pay any attention to him back during all his drama through the years. Totally different music, everything. I knew the guy shot him, I knew the hippies sang kumbaya with candles.

Normally I dont like unarmed people assaulted, I prefer fair fights between willing subjects when conflicts are unavoidable.

But.......John Lennon was a first class asshat, libtard kommie pinko anti American, and only when they tried to toss his druggie ass did he recant his position. Only then was America a great place to be.

Rot in Pieces you piece of shit. Let it be, let it be.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Like him or not, he with McCartney made music what it is today.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I dont think he had any influence on anything I listen to today. And if I thought for a second he did, I would pluck off my ears and they would have offended me.

He is was nothing more than a kommie pinko faggot hippy libtard piece of shit.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Like Eminem said....

"There's a little bit of Shaddy in all of us."
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#4]
McCarthy had far more talent than Lennon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think he had any influence on anything I listen to today. And if I thought for a second he did, I would pluck off my ears and they would have offended me.

So.....How do you really feel about him?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#7]
If I wet my pants and called off my love of songs, music, films and books based on the stupid personal politics of the authors, actors and musicians, I'd have nothing left to listen to but Ted Nugent, and nothing to watch but Tom Selleck movies and books about SHTF.

Not that I don't appreciate that stuff, but I'd go nuts.

Lennon was a great artist, and creampuff liberal. You can be both things, just like Hitler was a very talented painter, and slayer of 6 million Jews.

Me? I'm quite good at juggling, and I offset this talent by being really mean to old ladies, cripples and the homeless. I like the duplicity, myself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]
well I guess he knows whether or not he really is bigger than Jesus now.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If I wet my pants and called off my love of songs, music, films and books based on the stupid personal politics of the authors, actors and musicians, I'd have nothing left to listen to but Ted Nugent, and nothing to watch but Tom Selleck movies and books about SHTF.

Hey, I resemble that remark
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]
His biggest problem can be summed up in two words.

Yoko Ono

no further proof needed
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:23:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I still maintain Chapman was trying to do the public a service and off yoko.

He was just a lousy shot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:34:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So he is responsible for boy bands and rap?

Wow.  Now I'm even gladder he's dead.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:35:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Me? I'm quite good at juggling, and I offset this talent by being really mean to old ladies, cripples and the homeless. I like the duplicity, myself.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So he is responsible for boy bands and rap?

Wow.  Now I'm even gladder he's dead.

+1  and he was a commie druggie closet Marxist.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#15]
i watched it this weeked.  And took down my Beatles pic from the office wall.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#16]
You've got to remember that the Baby Boomers believed that it was cool to hate your government, embrace people who would kill you because of your foolish believe in cosmic love, rebel against your square parents, fuck 3 different partners in an evening, consume any substance that put you in an altered mental state, reject tradition, recant social convention, and even refuse to take a bath and shave every now and then.

John Lennon was a bard for the era and people.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#17]
He was a piece of shit.  I usually laugh when I see his picture worn by young people today, as if they knew anything of the asshole.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd prefer it if you didn't "beat around the bush" as much as you do, brother Cav.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Computer screen, meet a mouthful of Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Allow me to retort......

The King made music what it is today.
ETA: Well real music anyways, not all that hip hop crap we are inundated with nowadays.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Lennon was a great artist, and creampuff liberal. You can be both things, just like Hitler was a very talented painter, and slayer of 6 million Jews.

Sorry, I have reviewed Adolf's work and he is no more talented than the old lady next door . . . and far less imaginative.  He never got out of watercolor and never did that with more than common talent.

Yes, I have a leg to stand on, the only thing it is good for, I have an Art degree.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Imagine there's no Liberals,
It's easy if you try,
No Teddy or Hillary,
To take what's yours and mine,
Imagine all the people
Living free today...

Imagine there's no welfare,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to tax and spend for,
And no ACLU too,
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
I hope someday you'll join US,
And the world will be as one.

Imagine no oppression,
I wonder if you can,
No need to sue or suffer,
A country truly free,
Imagine all the people
Living in liberty...

I hope some day you'll join US,
And we'll restore our Constitution.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#25]
There were a select few artists that made music what it is today.

The Beatles were one of them. Like it or not. They had - like Led Zeppelin later on - explosive periods of creativity, in which they absorbed many styles of music and filtered it through their incredibly talented minds and hands, and came up with music that will stand the test of time.

You may not like it that John Lenin (you like that? I came up with it just now, all on my own. ) was a pinko commie etc etc., but at least give him the credit he deserves.

Their stuff from the 60s qualifies as must-own, must-listen mandatory music IMHO. Just like when you listen to the Who's Quadrophenia, you hear all these little things that happen in the music that other, lesser bands copied and put into their music.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#26]
And... THC? The Cannabis Channel?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I have reviewed Adolf's work and he is no more talented than the old lady next door . . . and far less imaginative.  He never got out of watercolor and never did that with more than common talent.

Yes, I have a leg to stand on, the only thing it is good for, I have an Art degree.

So do I.

Compare Adolf to such stunning talents as Jackson Pollack, and you'll see my point. Art is subjective, but the man could paint. Common talent? So any Bob Ross watcher could do what AH did? I think not. I also scoff at the idea that limiting himself to one medium disqualifies his work. Serat never did anything but poke ink and oil in little dots....so is he a hack that never got beyond pointillism?

Like his work or not (it's not my taste), there's no denying he had talent and form - and knew the craft. He WAS an artist, and no one - not even an guy on the internet with an art degree, can deny that. He was an awful human being, but he had a talent for painting....which was my point and it's a good point.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:19:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allow me to retort......

ETA: Well real music anyways, not all that hip hop crap we are inundated with nowadays.

www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/guns71.jpg

+1
Never caught on with the Beatles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Don't you dare disparage the MAN!!!!...Yes, I am quite serious.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Imagine there's no Liberals,
It's easy if you try,
No Teddy or Hillary,
To take what's yours and mine,
Imagine all the people
Living free today...

Imagine there's no welfare,
It isn't hard to do,
Nothing to tax and spend for,
And no ACLU too,
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

I hope someday you'll join US,
And the world will be as one.

Imagine no oppression,
I wonder if you can,
No need to sue or suffer,
A country truly free,
Imagine all the people
Living in liberty...

I hope some day you'll join US,
And we'll restore our Constitution.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[franzliebkind]"Churchill! With his cigars, with his brandy, and his rotten painting! Rotten! Hitler, there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon-......TWO COATS!"[/franzliebkind]

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The Beatles....Utterly forgettable 'elevator muzak'

Buddy Holly was more influential

Props for mentioning Holly. You beat me to it. Holly influenced The Beatles. Had he not died, who knows what he might have produced. He was starting his own record label and taking production reins, maintaing artistic control over his material, etc. The man was a pioneer who is very underrated.

People like Holly and Chuck Berry, Johnnie Cochran, and Elvis influenced The Beatles, who in turn developed their own style and crafted their own lyrics (no Leiber / Stoller reliance for them!), who in turn influenced a myriad of other bands. I'm not saying that every artist out there owes their soul to The Beatles, but most of the artists in my collection do (them and Led Zeppelin).

I may not agree with Lennon's politics or his choice of Yoko Ono, but I respect some of the work he did before 1972--the year I think that his creativity went down the toilet.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Sorry, I have reviewed Adolf's work and he is no more talented than the old lady next door . . . and far less imaginative. He never got out of watercolor and never did that with more than common talent.

I call bullshit on that.  I read differently.

Lennon was a schmuck though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:58:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

John Lenon didn't write "Let it be". If you're gonna trash him, at least be halfassed intelligent & accurate about it, eh????????
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
well I guess he knows whether or not he really is bigger than Jesus now.

He said "more popular". At least get it right, eh????????
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I know a Japanese girl and her name really is Yoko Ono. Isn't that wierd?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

+1  and he was a commie druggie closet Marxist.

He was Marxist because................??????????????????
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yeah, and Elvis NEVER took drugs either, eh????????    
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#40]
fuck John Lennon and his bitch
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The Beatles....Utterly forgettable 'elevator muzak'

Biggest sellers of music of all time, hardly "muzak". Never let the facts get in the way of your rants, eh??????
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Allow me to retort......

www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/guns71.jpg

Let me also retort, and to seriously hijack this thread for just a minute.

Niether the Beatles, NOR Elvis made music what it is today. They were only popular because of others that came before them.

Elvis? What about Johhny Burnett? Carl Perkins? Buddy Holly? And hell for that matter, Screamin Jay Hawkins? They were just as much, if not more influential to what we listen to today. Nevermind all the great garage bands of the early to mid sixties that were definetely a precursor for what was to come in many, many ways.

That being said, I've always hated John Lennon. What a pinko commie girly man................
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Some people on this board hate JL because he hated our government.

Odd, many of the regular posters here hate our government, too.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Let's see -- add up all the comments here and what do you get? Maybe grand total, one quarter ounce of brains.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Lenon didn't write "Let it be". If you're gonna trash him, at least be halfassed intelligent & accurate about it, eh????????

I really didnt care who wrote it, thats your issue not mine. I used it because I thought it was a Beatles song, I knew it was a hippy song regardless of who sang it.

While you may possibly be technically correct, the song is indeed credited Lennon-McCartney.

BTW, Im sure anyone here would probably bet you money I was never a Beatles fan, and they would be right.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
<Snip> People like Holly and Chuck Berry, Johnnie Cochran, and Elvis influenced The Beatles, <Snip>

Eddie Cochran.  Johnny Cochran defended O.J. Simpson.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

BTW, Im sure anyone here would probably bet you money I was never a Beatles fan, and they would be right.

Bullshit. I bet you have every album Yoko Ono ever put out!!!!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<Snip> People like Holly and Chuck Berry, Johnnie Cochran, and Elvis influenced The Beatles, <Snip>

Eddie Cochran.  Johnny Cochran defended O.J. Simpson.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top