Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 7:57:13 PM EDT

I was reading a gun book at the bookstore a few years back with an article regarding a (I believe)
Stoner designed Clandestine SMG.  The general idea was that one could carry or have the office a pretty effective weapon without much notice.  The writers seemed to have liked the weapon (what gun writer doesn't?) and were pretty impressed with its accuracy and reliability, which they noted was better than an SW76 they had (not a worldbeater.)

The weapon appeared to be two pieces of standard metal stock, about 1" tall, 1" thick and 6 inches long.  They were hinged, such the two pieces would swing together to form one long bar,  a handle containing the trigger group and magazine well would fold down,  and the read had a plate that folded down for a shoulder stock.  It used Uzi mags, as I recall. 9mm, realitively low cyclic due to a heavy bolt.

Any ideas?  Any one remember or did this one fall down the memory hole?

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
world.guns.ru/smg/smg70-e.htm

like that?

HA!! Thats pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn '86 ban.

96Ag
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
world.guns.ru/smg/smg70-e.htm

like that?

Wasn't that the gun used by the kid in  RoboCop 2 or 3 (I can't recall wich)?

I so want one even if it's semi only.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I still like the HK-MP5 in the special briefcase where the trigger is accessible while holding the briefcase handle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
There is three different folding SMGs....one Stoner designed when he worked for Ares, one that was used in Robo Cop and a Russian copy of the Stoner. The Russian is the only one I know of that made it to production.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top